10+ Year Old Account

Quote notifications..

I think it would be nice if you got a notification when someone quotes you. So you can easily reply to that person/thread.

Q: Can I be notified when someone quotes me?
    A: We'll look into it, but no promises on ETA. (Sources: 1)
    If I had a nickel for every time this thread gets made, I could afford an overpriced New York slice of pizza.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    If I had a nickel for every time this thread gets made, I could afford an overpriced New York slice of pizza.
    The sad part is the cheap ones are the best. You can buy a giant slice for like a $1.

On topic, I would love this feature.

This request comes up all the time. The server would be overloaded. Not only because now we're firing off a shitload of PMs, but also because the PMs often have emails tied to them, and now those could be fired off as well. While I don't have all the requirements for a system like this, for a userbase of this size it sounds like a performance nightmare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I wasn't aware that this suggestion comes up alot, I'll search for it next time. And it probably would cause alot of load on the server, I've actually never seen a forum with this feature.

I remember my l2 forum 10+ years ago showed you what threads someone quoted you in in with a little icon. MMOchamp the giant of gaming forums not having something similar in 2015 is ridiculous to say the least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I remember my l2 forum 10+ years ago showed you what threads someone quoted you in in with a little icon. MMOchamp the giant of gaming forums not having something similar in 2015 is ridiculous to say the least.
    Did that forum have 20,712,465 posts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Did that forum have 20,712,465 posts?
    Fark does it, and Fark is a pretty huge site, even nowadays passed its prime. I have no idea what kind of load it produces on the back end, but it's obviously possible even for large sites.

Anyway.

Curse's other forums notify you of being quoted, but they use a different forum software than we do. It's something we'd all like but since it requires a custom modification of the vbulletin software we use here, there's no ETA. In the meantime, you can do a manual forum search for "quote=[user handle]" and it will turn up the same thing. Just no email notification.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |