15+ Year Old Account

Need help keeping up Evangelism

I have always played as a pure healer. Having to deal damage was a big no in my book. That's why I have hard time adjusting to discipline, since I have always played as holy before, but the guild wants me as disc.

Are there any addons that can help me from dropping Evangelism stacks? It just happens very often. I have managed to pop Archangel with 5 stacks once during the whole 3 days raiding week.
    Yes, it's that bad.

What can I do about it? I feel like I'm losing a lot of hps because of that.

Deleted
    Use Weakauras to track your evangelism stacks & use solace on cooldown. You can track solace CD with weakauras aswell.

7+ Year Old Account
    I may be mistaken, but does Solace have a 6sec CD? If you track Solace with a WA and hit it on CD, you'll basically have AA up every CD, and have maximum Solace mana gain as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

As above practice it. Keep Solace as close to on CD as you can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I have always played as a pure healer. Having to deal damage was a big no in my book. That's why I have hard time adjusting to discipline, since I have always played as holy before, but the guild wants me as disc.

Are there any addons that can help me from dropping Evangelism stacks? It just happens very often. I have managed to pop Archangel with 5 stacks once during the whole 3 days raiding week.
    Yes, it's that bad.

If you have weak auras I'll share my was that I use to track AA, Solace etc.

At the start of fights you can smite spam since theres no real damage anyway, I find myself smiting often on fights like imperator mar'gok. It can take a while to get used to, the first time I ever really used atonement was heroic halfus wyrmbreaker where we were required to do it for the dps check.

Put smite on a close keybind to your main abilities, I use ` for smite and g for solace. The more you use them the more you just do it without thinking.

Here's mine.
    http://pastebin.com/A5ukNSzb

It tracks Serendipity, divine insight for holy. But also Power infusion, Mindbender, Archangel stacks, Solace cooldown and when it's available. I have it positioned near the centre of my screen, just above my raid frames so it's easy to see. Hope that helps you.

Deleted
    This might not apply but,

How do you heal? Do you use a particular raid frame? Do you use mouseover macros or do you click on each individual player and then cast a spell? If it is the latter, then it would be worth switching to a healing setup with mouseovers so you can keep the boss targeted for easier casting of Solace and Smite (and Penance) during downtime.

Tycheh's advice to monitor your Evangelism stacks and Solace CD in a central location of your screen is good! Setting up your UI correctly and practising is the best way to get into the Solace and Smite habit.

Yes, it's that bad.

1) Get a mouseover heal addon like Vuhdo (my favorite).
    2) Set up a weak aura for Solace/HF and that tracks Evangelism. Mine yells at me (air horn) if the timer drops below 6 seconds (so I either use it because I can't smite/HF or I smite/HF).
    3) Target the boss at the beginning of the fight.
    4) Use the standard 1/2 keybinds for smite/HF/Sol

You'll get it after a little practice.

Tip: If you're having trouble keeping up Evangelism/AA, then I suggest trying to use it on cooldown for a couple of raids. It will boost your healing and you'll practice the ebb and flow of it.
    "I don't always play my warlock, but when I do, I prefer destruction."
    - The Most Interesting Player in the World . . . of Warcraft

The throughput tracking bars by derevka is what I use personally. It tracks Evangelism, Evangelism , PI, Spirit Shell and Archangel. talesofapriest.com/resources/weak-auras/

I made a weak aura that plays the air horn when solace is on cooldown. I almost always have the boss on focus and have a macro:
    #showtooltip Power Word: Solace
    /cast [@focus,nodead,exists,harm] Power Word: Solace
    /cast Power Word: Solace

and then I just hit the bind every time the air horn goes off to build the muscle memory. It took a while to get used to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, interesting, lots of tips. Thanks guys.
    I'm using ElvUI which have raid frames that look a lot like Grid, and I like them. They are just not very customizable.
    I tried Healbot addon and the whole "left click to cast this, right click to cast that" doesn't appeal to me since as someone mentioned earlier I target a player then cast a spell. Also healbot seemed to have ugly and cluttered raid frames.
    Although I would like to have for example, shield on right click.
    Is Vuhdo able to let me normally click with left mouse button and use right for a skill?
    Also, I'm thinking about setting up weak auras as well as using that macro Decnalabnu posted. Seems really useful and I guess doesn't require me to target a mob?

Thanks again. A lot of useful info there

Deleted
    You could use 'Clique' for click-casting. It's a stand-alone addon which works with every raid frame. So you can continue using ElvUI raid frames.
    It's possible to just assign right mouse for click-casting. If you don't assign anything to left mouse, it just executes the default behaviour which is targeting the player.