10+ Year Old Account

Riot Creating a Direct Network for LoL Traffic

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/2...mpaignId=11896

To everyone with network issues and calling for East Coast servers, this seems to be Riot's answer. Afaik it only applies to NA, so sorry EU people.

I'm pretty excited since it should fix all the current issues people have with LoL and their ISPs, and there is no need for another set of servers that would just fragment the NA community for no reason.

Thank god. My ping has doubled since I started playing this game. Its getting so high its starting to damage my gameplay. PLS RITO, make this as good as it sounds. :: prays for 50ms ::

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackZero View Post
    Thank god. My ping has doubled since I started playing this game. Its getting so high its starting to damage my gameplay. PLS RITO, make this as good as it sounds. :: prays for 50ms ::
    Not sure where you are exactly, but using New York to LA as an example - using the current system the most direct node route would be ~65ms. The proposed system (what little detail they have released so far) I think combines more direct routes with smaller packet size - which is ideal for gaming. So a direct route alone would reduce it to ~65-70, but with reduced packet size and an optimized protocol, you might be able to knock as much as 20-25 off that? So ya, 40-55ms might actually be possible.

In my case from Vancouver to Los Angeles, it might be as good as 15-30ms. I can see now they they are willing to do this - if you had that kind of connection you would all but eliminate perceivable lag in games - every match would be like a LAN party so long as you're on the same continent pretty much.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter