Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Percent based heals soon to be Dampened (Source)

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...45996526583808

They're working on a means of making % based heals become affected by MS effects and dampening.

While I cringe as a hunter knowing after this every other ranged class will likely eat me alive, bring it on, it's probably for the better. :S

Thank god, that'll solve a lot of problems currently in arenas. Between that, the Kidney nerf, and the nerf to Ret Paladin burst I feel like this season is pretty well balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Thank god, that'll solve a lot of problems currently in arenas. Between that, the Kidney nerf, and the nerf to Ret Paladin burst I feel like this season is pretty well balanced.
    Kitties and boomkin damage still needs a looking at next, but we're heading in a good direction.

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    Kitties and boomkin damage still needs a looking at next, but we're heading in a good direction.
    I highly disagree. Ferals hit hard for 30 seconds, just CC them. They also die when they get looked at.

Boomkin I'm not too sure about, there really aren't that many of them, they do hit hard and it seems like they have a good toolkit, but they don't seem to fit in anywhere really.

I highly disagree. Ferals hit hard for 30 seconds, just CC them. They also die when they get looked at.

Boomkin I'm not too sure about, there really aren't that many of them, they do hit hard and it seems like they have a good toolkit, but they don't seem to fit in anywhere really.
    Erm it lasts long enough to not be a "justcc them" sort of thing. Specifcally bloody talons burst is crazy, granted with a higher skill cap.

Boomkins are also one of the best RBG dps for group pressure, crazy burst and various other uses. They also work well in arena with other bursty specs like Enhance for example. Lack of popularity doesn't mean they're not crazy strong lol.

Deleted
    Might just be me but as I caster, I find it hard to kill a feral just my looking at it.

Erm it lasts long enough to not be a "justcc them" sort of thing. Specifcally bloody talons burst is crazy, granted with a higher skill cap.

Boomkins are also one of the best RBG dps for group pressure, crazy burst and various other uses. They also work well in arena with other bursty specs like Enhance for example. Lack of popularity doesn't mean they're not crazy strong lol.
    It's 30 seconds, they can be stunned/feared/kited, of course you can't CC the whole thing, but you can CC enough of it to them not being completely overpowered. And nobody really takes Bloody Talons in PvP, it's just not that good compared to the alternatives.

As for boomkins, maybe in RBGs, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who actually thinks RBGs are balanced. But the fact that you used Enhance as your bursty spec of choice makes me fairly certain this isn't worth discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionbar View Post
    Might just be me but as I caster, I find it hard to kill a feral just my looking at it.
    Probably because you're trying to 1v1 them when the game isn't balanced around duels. Do 3s, kill them in a stun.

They also work well in arena with other bursty specs like Enhance for example. Lack of popularity doesn't mean they're not crazy strong lol.
    They are crazy strong vs retards who cannot see giant armored moonkin form and dont go defense for 30s every 3min...

You know you have defensive cds, these are often used when the other team pop cds.... You should try them.

Deleted
    Its a shame because dampening all of them will hurt some classes that have quite acceptable percentage heals (Hunters, rogues).

But ember tap, ysera's gift(??), and conversion are over the top.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    Its a shame because dampening all of them will hurt some classes that have quite acceptable percentage heals (Hunters, rogues).

But ember tap, ysera's gift(??), and conversion are over the top.
    Hunter self healing is in no way acceptable. especially not in the state it was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by somethingsomething View Post
    Hunter self healing is in no way acceptable. especially not in the state it was.
    Hunter self healing does not outheal 2 dps like a DK or destro can.

It takes a minute and a half for a hunter to heal to full via spirit bond.

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    Hunter self healing does not outheal 2 dps like a DK or destro can.

It takes a minute and a half for a hunter to heal to full via spirit bond.
    Hunters are pure DPS classes, they shouldn't have any healing at all. No reason an arena should end with a Hunter doing 900k+ healing, that's just completely idiotic.

That being said, the only two classes that will care in competitive PvP are Druids with Ysera's Gift (people might go back to Cenarion Ward, not sure) and Conversion with DKs running that DK/Brewmaster/Healer 3s comp. Hunters will still be fine, Rogues will still be fine, nobody plays Destro to begin with.

They should remove them alltogether. Nothing should be free, all should cost you actions. They removed old talents bcs of passive shit and now they implement same passive shit with different name.

They better not nerf warrior self heal, cuz it's a joke already compared to any other class self heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    They should remove them alltogether. Nothing should be free, all should cost you actions. They removed old talents bcs of passive shit and now they implement same passive shit with different name.
    Sorry to tell you but passives do increase play o.O For instance (and I only use this one because its one I know and understand) Spirit Bond on hunters. Our defenses otherwise absolutely suck. We have a decent trickle heal though. The gameplay with a trickle heal is to avoid as much damage (kiting/traps) to sustain yourself. Get caught in a burst though, you tend to drop rather quickly. Its far more interesting then having the same "oh shit" heal everyone else has.

This seemed like a glaring issue during the arena matching of blizz con.

Certain classes had/have default advantages (resto shaman seems like a great example) that nearly negated how potent dampening should have been in arena.

Will that effect things like recuperate that is already weak compared to others.

Nvm it should as it's procent based.

Hunters are pure DPS classes, they shouldn't have any healing at all. No reason an arena should end with a Hunter doing 900k+ healing, that's just completely idiotic.

That being said, the only two classes that will care in competitive PvP are Druids with Ysera's Gift (people might go back to Cenarion Ward, not sure) and Conversion with DKs running that DK/Brewmaster/Healer 3s comp. Hunters will still be fine, Rogues will still be fine, nobody plays Destro to begin with.

IMO Blizz should do one of 2 things, make all DPS specs either have no heals or just 1 heal that's the same for everybody across the board. Having "hybrids" that can put out as much dps as a pure dps spec and cast heals is a system that will never be balalnced.

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    IMO Blizz should do one of 2 things, make all DPS specs either have no heals or just 1 heal that's the same for everybody across the board. Having "hybrids" that can put out as much dps as a pure dps spec and cast heals is a system that will never be balalnced.
    Hybrid defensives are balanced around the ability to off-heal themselves and even further more the ability to off-heal your team.

Personally not sure how I feel about this hopefully its directed at specific abilities for the %based heals and not a sweeping change.