15+ Year Old Account

Horde or Alliance for EU random BGs?

Hey everyone, I haven't played much at level 100, I'm playing horde atm and seem to lose quite a few BGs. It seems everyone pvp-oriented went Alliance. What faction do you think is better at random EU BGs atm?
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

Its like 50/50 really. JUst dont join isle strand or av as horde.
    The kiss of the sun for pardon
    The song of the birds for mirth
    You are nearer gods heart in a garden
    Than anywhere else on earth

Deleted
    Avoid 40man BGs, those are clearly on the alliances hand. Every other BG actually has a slight horde winning side. Doesn't matter if high end players switch to alliance because they hardly play random BGs. In fact, they are more likely to sway scrubs to go alliance giving an advantage for horde players.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Tweets-DLC-424
    The data is from MoP but I don't expect many actually have switched to alliance (again compared to whole playerbase and not 2500+ rated people) so overall stats should look similar or more equal. Racials really don't matter in BGs and random BGs are full of PvE players trying to boost ilvl so skilllevels of PvP are so washed out...

If you want to increase your win rate to about 4/5 be sure to join up with 2-3 healers for BGs. Having guaranteed healers (plural) beats randomly not having any.

Deleted
    blacklist AV and IoC as Horde and you got like +/-55 winning ratio.

Alliance get almost instant ques.

Horde seem to almost always win WG, AB, EotS, SotA, TP, BfG, ToK, SM, DG.

Alliance almost always win AV and IoC.

As Horde you can Blacklist AV and IoC and win roughly 8 out 10 RBG's, but as Alliance you will still lose everything other than AV and IoC.

Its affected by the time of day, the earlier you play the more BoT's you get. Morning gaming can have 1/3rd or even 1/2 BoT's...Its a crazy sight...they all stack at start and move out of the game about 10sec into the game in the exact same direction..

Queue times Ally max 3min hord much longer..

Win rate will be very different by BG, hord stopped queuing for AV and IoC...So if you just want to win only play AV+IoC. Other than that hord will edge out slightly.

Blacklist AV and IoC and you'll win pretty much every bg as EU horde, in my personal horde experience anyways.

Deleted
    Horde seems to dominate, from my exp.

There are the handful of TOP players who are alliance this season/expansion, there a heaps of stupid sheep who went alliance as well because that totally means they will be 1337 as well, and then there is the old horde pvp crowd that just mows down the sheep.

Love it, fucking karma

Deleted
    Since Alliance are dominating RBG's and Ashran they get a lot of free conquest pieces which horde players miss out on, they also have the better racials and seem to be more pvp oriented while hordes mostly do it out of boredom. If you like to team up before you queue, Alliance has lots of people looking for the same thing while the premade battleground tab on the horde side usually is completely blank, this goes for rbg's as well.

These things by themselves doesn't do much but when 10-40 players have these small advantages, like better gear and better racials, it shows. Holinka doesn't seem to care about it in a balance kind of way either so if you have the money or are making a new toon, Alliance is a no brainer.

Also the reason the 10-15 bg's are more even is;

a) Alliance got more people with no understanding of the game (new players are more prone to choose Alliance).
    b) They gear up much faster which will keep the experienced crowd out of randoms.
    c) Premades. Lots and lots of Alliance premades, So baddies get to face a more diverse horde team while Alliance premades gets to wait a bit longer for queue's making the overall statistics a bit more even.

That's my logical, rational and illuminati kind of opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter which faction you play unless you avoid IoC and AV as Horde. All the other BGs are roughly the same winning percantage, I play both factions.

As Cempa said, it depends more on the part of the day you play. At morning you won't win a single BG as Alliance, I would also say late evening is dominated by Horde too. Alliance wins more at the other parts of the day. At least from my experience.

However if you are interested in winning BGs, play with friends. It is great if one of you is a Healer. I run BGs this way and I lost only one out of last ten BGs I played, no joking.

If you are interested in statictics:
    My Alliance character: 65% won
    My Horde character: 62% won

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lexonio View Post
    Hey everyone, I haven't played much at level 100, I'm playing horde atm and seem to lose quite a few BGs. It seems everyone pvp-oriented went Alliance. What faction do you think is better at random EU BGs atm?
    Since Walord of Draenor, the alliance is winning the most of Random Bgs (55-70% of random bgs depend of the lucky).

Quote Originally Posted by akuaku View Post
    Avoid 40man BGs, those are clearly on the alliances hand. Every other BG actually has a slight horde winning side. Doesn't matter if high end players switch to alliance because they hardly play random BGs. In fact, they are more likely to sway scrubs to go alliance giving an advantage for horde players.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Tweets-DLC-424
    The data is from MoP but I don't expect many actually have switched to alliance (again compared to whole playerbase and not 2500+ rated people) so overall stats should look similar or more equal. Racials really don't matter in BGs and random BGs are full of PvE players trying to boost ilvl so skilllevels of PvP are so washed out...

If you want to increase your win rate to about 4/5 be sure to join up with 2-3 healers for BGs. Having guaranteed healers (plural) beats randomly not having any.
    That stats was from the MOP.
    Last edited by mmoc8dbfc1017b; 2015-01-12 at 05:30 PM.

Deleted
    I seem to face Russian premades more on my Horde than on my Alliance characters.
    Therefore I would say it better to do randoms on Alliance.

Deleted
    Yea, it would make sense if Alliance greatly improved their stats from mop.

You won't get many honest answers here though since most people here are playing Alliance and they don't want more scrubs joining their side (like it would matter). The only hordes are pve'ers who clicked the wrong sub forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Sthu View Post
    Yea, it would make sense if Alliance greatly improved their stats from mop.

You won't get many honest answers here though since most people here are playing Alliance and they don't want more scrubs joining their side (like it would matter). The only hordes are pve'ers who clicked the wrong sub forum.
    Proud Horde player since 2006, still recomend Alliance.
    You have a more active pvp community
    You don't need to worry to blacklist AV and IOC (seriously gonna use my boost just to get the 100 IOC vicotries achieve)
    The winning percentage may be equal, wont argue that.
    From my experience ofc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in MoP I noticed Horde teams coordinating more often, or rather helping each other out most often compared to alliance. I wouldn't know if that's still the case now though.