10+ Year Old Account

Sound Device Issues...

So a few months ago, I bought a new 50 inch TV and I figured it would be awesome to connect to my pc to play some of my games on. Anyway, when I first connected it up, the sound refused to come out of the TV, it still came out of the pc speakers, I eventually resolved this by disabling the pc speakers in control panel. Anyway, before I started messing around with the TV, I could switch between my speakers and my headset simply by plugging in/unplugging the headset, but now I have to disable the one I don't want to use so the system has no choice but to use the one I do want to use, otherwise nothing changes. That is a minor irritation in itself, but to disable it I have to open the playback devices menu, which now apparently takes its sweet time and refuses to open any faster than 5 minutes. Does anyone have any idea what I have done and how to fix it? Is there anyway to "reset" my playback device settings?

10+ Year Old Account
    Have to tried just setting the other device as default instead of outright disabiling it? I had a similar issue when I bought a new webcam which has a microphone built in, and by default Windows always seems to take the new device on install of drivers as default, requiring you to go back in and change it.

If its taking time to open things in Windows sounds like your PC might be getting bogged down a bit? Does this happen when you run games for example or navigate through file structures?

Hunter| Warlock | Shaman | Paladin
    "In the light.. We are one"

10+ Year Old Account
    Go to control panel and then to Sound. If your PC is getting sound through HDMI the default sound device should be AMD/Nvidia HDMI. Which ever graphics card you own. Just right click on it and set it as default device.

How did you connect your PC to the TV for sound? I assume HDMI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermuda View Post
    Have to tried just setting the other device as default instead of outright disabiling it? I had a similar issue when I bought a new webcam which has a microphone built in, and by default Windows always seems to take the new device on install of drivers as default, requiring you to go back in and change it.

If its taking time to open things in Windows sounds like your PC might be getting bogged down a bit? Does this happen when you run games for example or navigate through file structures?
    I have tried setting it to default which does not help if the headset was plugged in first. The PC shouldn't be getting bogged down, it does not happen with anything else and my windows installation is on an ssd.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Go to control panel and then to Sound. If your PC is getting sound through HDMI the default sound device should be AMD/Nvidia HDMI. Which ever graphics card you own. Just right click on it and set it as default device.

How did you connect your PC to the TV for sound? I assume HDMI.
    Yeah it was connected with an HDMI, I don't connect it any more though because of these issues. Going through control panel to get to sound takes just as long.