Deleted

How does Flurry works?

Hello guys,

something i don't understand here.
    Tooltip says that haste effects lower CD and GCD of said spells.
    As lvl 90 i have 20% haste, and my UE is on 12,5 sec CD.
    My calculations suggests that 20% out of 15 sec is 3 sec, so it should be 12 sec CD.

Similar is with LL and SS.

what i am missing here?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bladebarrier View Post
    Hello guys,

My calculations suggests that 20% out of 15 sec is 3 sec, so it should be 12 sec CD.

what i am missing here?
    Likely some sort of DR.. or blizzard just fucked up like with the AOC trinket not giving the % reduction it said.

Hello guys,

what i am missing here?
    15/1.2 = 12.5

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    15/1.2 = 12.5
    Lol, is this how they calculate percentages?
    They really need to hire someone who had paid attention in fifth grade math lessons...

When it is said that you need to reduce 100 with 20%, you should always get 80, and not 83,33. Simple.

They really need to hire someone who had paid attention in fifth grade math lessons...

When it is said that you need to reduce 100 with 20%, you should always get 80, and not 83,33. Simple.
    I'm sure theres many other factors as to why they calculate it this way. Your looking at it with blinders on and not taking everything in the game as a factor. Theres a reason why they do this, I'm sure the mathematicians on blizzards end had theirs. Then again, I could be wrong and its an oversight, but something like this, being a core mechanic, I cant see them overlooking

Deleted

No because then if you manage to get 100% haste which isn't too hard with CDs, your abilities wouldn't have any cooldown at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    No because then if you manage to get 100% haste which isn't too hard with CDs, your abilities wouldn't have any cooldown at all.
    While this is all true, i just got confused with the tooltip.
    It means that if i reach the soft cap of 50% haste, i will have all affected CDs reduced by 1/3 and not 1/2 as i thought.

It's not the correct mathematically way to do it, but they do it this way to introduce diminishing returns in a way that is simple to calculate.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaltione View Post
    It's not the correct mathematically way to do it
    No, it's the correct way to do it. X% haste = X% more attacks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    No, it's the correct way to do it. X% haste = X% more attacks.
    Mathematically, it looks like this:
    X + Y% = Z
    Z - Y% =/ X

Or, when you increase a number with percent, you get a new number. When you reuce the new number with the same percent, you get different number than what you had in the beginning.
    100 + 20% = 120
    120 - 20% = 96

So the tooltip shouldn't be "Haste effect reduce CD of said spells", rather it should be "Haste effect increase frequency of use for said spells"

Maths. Anyway, i understand how it works now.