Starfall usage in Heroic & Mythic HM

I've been reading a lot of people are using starfall over ss on fights that have ANY adds at all, including M Kargath when the kitty is out.

My DPS is lacking, low to mid 20's with 662 ilvl. Maybe I haven't been using starfall enough, nor keeping my dots up enough I think.

Should I be going more for 100% uptime on starfall on any encounter which has at least 1 add?... basically all fights but butcher and less than Myhtic Kargath? And should I be concentrating more on keeping dots on those adds than going for peaked star surged wrath's/sf?

Thank you.

Starfall > starsurge when 2+ targets in lunar and 3+ targets in solar. Correct if I'm wrong please.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

From what I've gathered here the recent consensus seems to be to use Starfall at 2+ targets all the time regardless of solar/lunar as long as the targets live for a decent amount of time. The top logs I've seen seem to agree with this (look at starfall uptime on the top logs for Twins).

Dots should be put on all adds that live long enough for it to matter and you should try to keep those up at 100% (unless its about to die of course).

Deleted
    when multidotting you should always aim to refresh your dots when the you are leaving the eclipse, this can be done when you have max. 3 targets on the board. If you have more than 3 targets, or the dot target has a short life expectancy (but still worth dots ofc) you should just fire off the dots at any given time without stopping your current cast.

and yeah general idea is that if you have at least 2 targets up your starfall > starsurge regardless of the eclipse, this get's amplified more if you choose not to play with euphoria on that fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lericus View Post
    From what I've gathered here the recent consensus seems to be to use Starfall at 2+ targets all the time regardless of solar/lunar as long as the targets live for a decent amount of time. The top logs I've seen seem to agree with this (look at starfall uptime on the top logs for Twins).

Dots should be put on all adds that live long enough for it to matter and you should try to keep those up at 100% (unless its about to die of course).
    +1, its what I've seen as well. Try to get a 100% uptime on Twin Ogron and see how you do vs something like butcher as 2 extreme examples.