Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    d'aww was the dk you? shame
    Awww, you got me. Dang, I knew you were smart

Deleted
    Im glad, to see some constructive feedback.

i am the DK Diziria. I used many hours figuring out what i was doing wrong, most of the feedback i already knew about, and some i didnt.
    Its not like my gm go behind my back and posting this, yes he want to help, and im glad he want to.
    (maybe i should have postet this my self, so ppl dont feel hes handholding me. Cause i do care, and im not used to be doing this badly)

so for all the constructive feedback i say thanks..

1 more thing my achievement points doesent show u, that my dk have not always been my main, and it doesent show that i cant read stuff for my self.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    dizirias uptime on dark transformation is low.
    idealy you want to store as much rp without capping ofc so that when dark transformation ends you can recast it quickly after.
    This has been shown to be a negligible dps increase in WoD. Just use DC to fill empty GCDs.

Deleted
    Similar geared (or almost, 672) I pulled about ~30k on Butcher HC or 2h frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    For the progress level of OP's guild and the player's experience I think we do.

Alright and here is my advice: If a guy has God knows how much days played, but can't figure out himself why he does subpar DPS he isn't 4 times a week Top 500 Mythic guild material and should be replaced.

Some people just don't have the potential or aren't made for it and this seems to be the case here.
    This, this, this

If I cared enough about dps and saw how much suckage I was on the meters I would take it upon myself to figure out why. The fact he has someone else from his guild posting this is enough reason to just kick him out or replace him and let him go play raid finder.

Going to warcraft logs and simply looking at other dks and comparing or hell join a raid finder and compare the meters would have told him what he was doing wrong.
    Last edited by xpose; 2015-01-08 at 04:40 PM.

I log check my raid weekly and provide info and help whenever I see it. The amount of info you can grab from your own and other people's logs is vast and knowing how to find it is very important to identifying the problem. When you are log checking do not forget to go to the buff section on Warcraft logs (something many people do not check) and you can see when and where CDs were used in relation to other CDs and buffs like hero. People do not realize how much proper CD management with things like Hero, openers affects your damage. Proper rotation/spell priority is only half the battle, the people who are truly good at keyboard smashing have a complete understanding of the fight and how to map their CDs/pots/trinkets with how your raid plans to down a boss are going to destroy people who just follow their rotation and hope that is good enough. If you have 2 DPS same spec and gear with the same spell distribution, but one of them uses their Pots and CDs inefficiently the difference in damage is eye opening.

EX. Butcher is 5 minutes max and common practice is to hero on the enrage. If everyone pre pots and uses all of their CDs in their opener as they should they will mostly be coming off cooldown at the 3 minute mark which is generally BEFORE hero is going to be used at the 3:30-4 minute point (maybe not so much anymore as people continue to gear up and kill it faster.) Even though these CDs can be used, they should be saved for hero since you cannot squeeze in a 3rd set. (Your smaller CDs that are 1-1.5 minutes on the contrary should be used a 2nd time so they are up again for your 3 minute CD).

People who use their second pot right when it is up at 1 minute as opposed to stacking it with other CDs is going to make a 500-1500k DPS difference alone depending on the gear/fight length and that is just one CD. Take that same approach with everything and it adds up fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightrisee View Post
    Hey! One of our guilds DKs hasn't really been doing great recently and between both DKs they are unable to figure out why, so I'm looking for some advice as to what he can improve on (and on certain fights our other dk should be able to improve too). Name is Diziria, armory is here http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ziria/advanced .

Butcher HC kill from last week: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    Butcher mythic wipe (hit enrage, weaker raid dps today): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=32
    Twin ogron mythic kill: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=11
    Tectus mythic kill: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done (both DKs didnt do well here).

Thanks in advance, will pass on any advice you have
    Nightrise.
    Wow these guys are on mythic kills? If you want you can invite me with my 659 ilvl and I can beat them showing them what to do I needs me a mythic 2h plz!

If you guys way overgeared for butcher, then unholy is going to suck major dick on that fight.

Short soul reaper windows, boss dies within 3 minute = no second gargoyle, etc.

But your DK prob just sucks, that dps is way too little.

Where is his defile / BOS? is he not using it?
    Last edited by iky43210; 2015-01-08 at 10:10 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ronee View Post
    i am the DK Diziria. I used many hours figuring out what i was doing wrong, most of the feedback i already knew about, and some i didnt.
    Yeah... right.
    You didn't even use Defile.

Quote Originally Posted by ronee View Post
    1 more thing my achievement points doesent show u, that my dk have not always been my main, and it doesent show that i cant read stuff for my self.
    It shows that you aren't a 'newbie' who started playing with WoD and spent many, many years playing the game already so the chances of ever becoming useful are slim.

Well... at 673 I could put 31.5k on mythic butcher(actually we wipped at 4%), could probably put 34k or so if had started with full runic power from brackenspore's pools.

Logs are private, but some SSs should do.

Its not about your "DPS" as it is your activities, Our DPS numbers as DK relies on how the long the fight last. I've been looking at some of the top DK dps for highmaul and you'll see them peak out in the fights that last between 3:30 to 4:00, and the biggest reason for this effect is that we have 2 CD that it works well with that time frame. Summon Garg, and Defile.

I haven't went through your praise with a comb yet but I can tell you your number one issue is not using your lvl 100 ability pretty much on Cooldown, Defile. Defile does more damage for 1 ruin cost then any other ability we have even if its on one target. If you look at top Dk Praises they are basicly using it on CD. Now there is a couple situation where you don't want to use it on CD: 1 if your moving adds/bosses out of the area and 2 fights where your always going to hit two targets IE: Twins its best to cast defile on the Next Unholy Rune instead of using it on your Death runes, that way you can use your DR for Blooboils.

Potion use should always tied to Summon Garg, Minus IMP (more on that later). You may hear a lot people say save it for the "pushing" point of the fight, problem you'll probably won't have any major cooldowns at the point. for those 15 secs you might get 2 Juicy Soul reaper hits but thats about it. When tied to your Garg he'll do the most dps possible within that 15 sec window.

And that brings up a 3rd huge issue, your soul reapers are inconsistant, several times you cast it within a minute of fight. Ko'garh and Twins are a good example of that. That = Zero dps gain and loss of a ruin. even in Ko'garh where he spawns the small adds even if you timed a perfect SR on a trash it will more then likely be dead before SR procs, yes you'll get a silly melee haste buff but more then likely your not on ko'ragh anyways so you just wasted that ability.

Your disease uptime isn't to bad but you do have 2 fights where uptime is less then 90%. There really no reason outside of Tectus and IMP transition phases that your uptime shouldn't be above 95%.

Learn to use Plaque leech and ditch Unholy Blight. a Plaque strike + BB does basically the same thing. They're is some use to UB if your 100 skill is Narcotic Plaque but at this time the dps increase is very minimal and the mess up rate to preform it well is high. Using PL on CD on single targets insure you'll always have a DPS increase, when in multi target situations if the all targets have long Disease times up plaque leaching your current target and double BB is a huge dps gain.

Also your using Sccarb. Great trinket but looking over your use of it, you seem to Manually touch it off. Mines tied to Summon Garg + Potion. There were several times at the beginning of a fight that you forgot to use it entirely. Just make a macro for Garg+Trinket+potion.

You waste a lot of Death coils after you can activate Dark Transformation (but haven't) on your pet. Stop that.

I hope that helps
    Last edited by Docmedic; 2015-01-09 at 01:19 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, I think we can sum up this thread with super-duper 'elite' players going 'lol kick da noob'. Seriously? I expected better from MMO-C.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    'lol kick da noob'. Seriously? I expected better from MMO-C.
    dont kid yourself, you knew it was coming

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    dont kid yourself, you knew it was coming
    I used to see it in sporadic posts in similiar threads, but didn't expect this forum to reduce itself into a cesspool of elitism. Oh well, things change.