Deleted

Exclamation "Motion blur" when moving in games

Hey all, i'm out of ideas we've tried allsorts so I thought i'd come here and get an outside perspective look on it.

Things we've tried:

We've changed the monitor from a HD ready 32'' to a 40'' Full HD TV.

Upgraded graphics card to a AMD Radeon R9 290 from a HD 6770
    PSU from 650 to 850.
    Reinstalled windows 7 onto an SSD

Yet games still continue to have a "motion blur" on them when I move, has anyone got any ideas what this could be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Remilia; 2015-01-08 at 02:10 AM.

Some games have a "motion blur" setting in the graphics options

10+ Year Old Account
    As stated, check for motion blur setting.

If that doesn't work, it could be refresh rates on the screens causing the issue. 144hz monitors ftw

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Some games also have motion blur and no way to disable it >_>
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I thought when reading thread title was A) Isn't that a good thing? And B) it's usually in the options to disable. Most people love motion blur; it gives a realistic effect, as well as the visual feature of blurring the background when focusing on things near to you.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

It is not really a good thing as motion blur in video games is often very un-natural and, while moving/turning, you can not lock your eyes on something(like you can in real life, which mostly negates the negative effects it causes) and it just feels wrong in most cases. It can also cause people discomfort(much like a narrow FoV can) when playing with it on for some time.
    I am one of those that just cannot stand everything on the damn screen blurring when I turn the camera too fast and it can make my eyes hurt after a while so I have turned it off whenever possible.

I used to like having motion blur on, back when my computer royally sucked instead of just being meh, because it helped keep my framerate steadier while turning in games and helped "smooth" out the jittery-ness from my fps tanking so it would not be as noticeable as before. Now that I am running more and more games at 50-60, the blur is nothing more than a hindrance to me enjoying the game and is uncomfortable.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Only thing I thought when reading thread title was A) Isn't that a good thing? And B) it's usually in the options to disable. Most people love motion blur; it gives a realistic effect, as well as the visual feature of blurring the background when focusing on things near to you.
    In terms of settings, not really. Biologically you already produce an amount of perceived motion blur. Some people like CRTs because of how they work with the impulse vs sample and hold method which greatly reduces perceived motion blur. Why 240Hz mode from Eizo and LG and ULMB exists. And why light boost hacks existed, albeit these don't really boost light at that point.
    Additional motion blur settings generally cause it to be very unnatural and potentially disorientating. Don't need to attempt to exacerbate something you already produce.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's either a setting in the game, or because you're playing on a big TV.

I just can't play games on big TV's, there's something about it that's... Off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post

If that doesn't work, it could be refresh rates on the screens causing the issue. 144hz monitors ftw
    Depends on the game, TERA for instance dose not have an option in game for motion blur which is always on, but you can go into the settings file and edit the text to remove the effect.