Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Agent Carter.

So what did we all think of the double bill to launch Marvel's new series?

Personally... I'm a fan. It REALLY shows that even though they're only making 8 episodes, they have a full budget, the show looks AMAZING(and I'm not just talking about Peggy) sets, props, costumes, they're all outstanding. Then add in some really fantastic actors and backup from Kevin Fiege and other Marvel Bigwigs and it really looks like they're expecting Agent Carter to do very well. James Frain was great, as he is in everything, as the mute but oddly named Leet Brannis, Ray Wise dominates every scene he's in, because he's Ray fucking Wise, but somehow I can't see him as the "Big Bad" for this season, James D'arcy was brilliant as Jarvis, I can see why Stark names his AI after him now .

And then we have Hayley Atwell, Who was on OUTSTANDING form. With all the money they've thrown at this show it's clear they want it to suceed and I think Hayley can carry it as far as the show is capable of going. I also have the distinct impression we'll be seeing A LOT more of Lyndsy Fonseca's Angie, who seems far to sharp a tack to just keep as a waitress

As for the episodes themselves: First was pretty standard, introduction of characters, setting up the story, throw in a bit of mystery, a big fucking explosion and some good old fashioned Ass-kickery to seal the deal. The second episode however I think nailed it, HUGE leap up from the first. I loved the scene at the end, where Peggy was kicking ass, cut with clips of the "Captain America Show" where we here the character based on her alternating between fixing trousers and getting captured by Nazis... Hilarious!

Good news in Marvel have said if this season does well (and it will) they'll seriously consider a second, still eight episodes, but still with a full budget.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Might check it out, heard Agents of Shield was lackluster but that this should be better. I'm not super interested in the setting or character on paper.

I thought this was pretty good. Aside from the obvious eye candy (dayum son), it was entertaining. Jarvis is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should Arrowstomen, you should check out AoS too . The first half of season one was super weak, but once it hit the second half it went CRAZY good, then season two has been epic.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    You should Arrowstomen, you should check out AoS too . The first half of season one was super weak, but once it hit the second half it went CRAZY good, then season two has been epic.
    It was more like the last quarter of season one, where the fuses they'd been laying for the first three-quarters finally ignited and threw the show into orbit. (I'd hate to see someone watch 13 episodes and then give up.)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Just got around to watch the first two episodes. I've been enjoying myself greatly! I hope the show can keep it rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    It was more like the last quarter of season one, where the fuses they'd been laying for the first three-quarters finally ignited and threw the show into orbit. (I'd hate to see someone watch 13 episodes and then give up.)
    Yeah, the Winter Solider crossover probably singlehandedly saved the show from being canceled after just one season, and so far the much higher quality of season 2 shows that they did not squander what could of been borrowed time.

Anyways, Agent Carter is off to a great start thus far. They avoided a lot of Agent's of SHIELD season 1 problems by having an established, if relatively new, villainous organization right off the bat (Leviathan is essentially a commie version of HYDRA and was first debuted in 2010) rather then beating around the bush for 3/4th of a season until AoS revealed Centipede were pawns of HYDRA.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

I really liked Agent Carter so far. It's not as good as the end of S1 of Agents of Shield, or as good as the really high points of Arrow and The Flash, but it's still a really strong start. Of the comic book shows, it's definitely had one of the better starts, with Agents of Shield and Constantine having the worst starts imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Yeah, the Winter Solider crossover probably singlehandedly saved the show from being canceled after just one season, and so far the much higher quality of season 2 shows that they did not squander what could of been borrowed time.
    Thing is... I think them having to delay and put in a load of filler to kill time till Winter Soldier came out also hurt the show a little. Imagine if they could have starter the HYDRA plot like just after the midseason, or from the freaking start.

Would have helped A LOT.

Anyway back on topic, saw the preview for Episode 3, lookin pretty freakin epic, can't wait!

I never watch previews. I watched the preview for the Twin Destinies episode for Stargate Universe by accident once. Swore I'd never do that again, it's too painful to wait.

I generally lean towards slim or skinny girls, but goddamn can Hayley Atwell fill out a dress.

Definitely going on my watch list.

What a great debut! To be honest, I enjoyed those 2 episodes far more than I've enjoyed the entire run of AoS.

so, so good.

SO BORING!!! I couldn't even get through them. The 1940's thing doesn't do it for me either so I'll be passing on this one.
    Happy new year to all, and to all a good night!

Watched the episodes, it's worth the watch so far, and it has a pretty cool setting, but I don't like how they ruin the image quality to make it look "old".

agent Carter in that dress is hotter then a supernova

oh, and the premiere was good too

will be watching this for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Watched the episodes, it's worth the watch so far, and it has a pretty cool setting, but I don't like how they ruin the image quality to make it look "old".
    I actually liked that :P, I also thought the general style of the camera work/shot selection was great. Right up there with Gotham in terms of artistic style.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    agent Carter in that dress is hotter then a supernova
    Which dress?

Oh wait... It doesn't matter... She was smoking hot in ALL of them

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

Which dress?

Oh wait... It doesn't matter... She was smoking hot in ALL of them
    She reminds me an awful lot of Paddington in her red hat and blue dress.

I guess it's pretty obvious at this point who "the killer" is.

agent carters ratings took a huge nose dive, if more people dont start watching its gonna get cancelled
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    agent carters ratings took a huge nose dive, if more people dont start watching its gonna get cancelled
    It's only 8 episodes. I wouldn't be too concerned.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |