Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenFuse View Post
    I'm sick of the incompetent law enforcement trope and Dooley was useless.
    Yeah, but that's because the SSR has to be incompetent, because the entire reason there's SHIELD in the modern age and not the SSR is because the SSR was incompetent and fucked everything up by being sloppily-run, until Peggy and friends built SHIELD up out of the ashes. The Agent Carter miniseries is basically the origin story for SHIELD. If the SSR were competent, that would derail everything. So at least there's a valid reason for it.

When Carter said something to the extent of not trusting the Russian dude that we've only known for 48hrs, I think I nearly stood up from the couch lol. Thank you! Hello, dumb dumbs! To be fair, others pointed out that the creepy, evil-face Russian dude was suspicious but...meh.
    To be fair, by that point he'd already had 48 hours to screw with people's heads. Remember, he started out locked in an interrogation room. They DIDN'T trust him, but he was using his hypnosis thing to twist people's minds the whole time he was in there. Carter's declaration just makes that more clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the series has been overall meh , imo, the last couple episodes were good though and i hope the season finale ends up on a high note.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Well the series has been overall meh , imo, the last couple episodes were good though and i hope the season finale ends up on a high note.
    So do I, but tbh unless it's the best thing that's EVER aired on television, the season as a whole is still going to clock in at a resounding "Myeh"
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Loved the ending, but the rest of the episode was kinda iffy (gee, I wonder if something is going to happen to Howard Stark).

Although the whole conversation between Stark and Peggy reminded me very strongly of this:

Ugh, I meant to watch it this week live, since I didn't have an early day today. I turned on the tv, remembered no Flash until forever, and turned it off, totally forgetting Carter.

Also:
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

No Angie reveal? Its okay, I'll take Zola...

10+ Year Old Account
    i hope they leave this as a one off mini series.

I loved jarvis & peggy, but overall the story just was not good.
    Hi

I actually rather enjoyed the show, and would happy if they did one more season where they show the actual creation of SHIELD and everything that sets up.

Loved it, excellent series with just one let down. A couple of bits that stood out for me;

When Peggy was in Russia with the Howling Commandos it made me realise that not only is she a woman trying to make it in a man's world (pardon the cliche), but she's also a soldier trying to make it in peace-time.

When Howard's hypnosis hallucination kicked in and he told Peggy he was getting Steve back for her, it showed that he had such a strong love for her which had no sense of romantic or sexual attraction. I'd really like to see more Howard in any future series.

The let down - Jack Thompson accepting Carter's credit, sure it let Carter do her "I know my worth and that's what matter speech", but damn did it let Thompson down in terms of his character development. Also, he might get a medal for it, after the shit he revealed about his other decoration? And we didn't get even get the catharsis of Peggy telling him something like "it will definitely go well with your other medal"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Myeh. A distinctly underwhelming end to a distinctly underwhelming season.

Some good bits, some bad bits, not nearly enough Bridget Regan. Best bit for me was the post credit scene.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally it was a huge let down and the surprise cameo at the end was rubbing salt into the wound.

With the story, instead of going into how Shield started with Peggy, possibly with a parallel view of Hydra at the time, and seeing how that worked out, we got a lame 6 weeks of find the Stark tech gizmos, stop Soviet shenanigans.

I found the entire supporting cast of characters outside of Jarvis and of course Mr Stark completely devoid of value.

In fact I found it to be an insultingly silly world view of feminist crackpots. They hit the "shes a girl" thing 50x times an episode, just ramming their messaging over and over and over again. Every male coworker is completely useless. Except the gimp, hes got the smarts. The golden boy though, man they really threw him under the bus, can't show a shred of decency in that character; even while they are trying to give an excuse for their soviet villains actions. And yet for nagging on the role of women at the time, 50 times an episode, they completely wash over race relations. With the few non whites in the cast acting as if its 2014.

If they replaced the show runners, the writers, committed to doing the actual Shield/Hydra story line, I'd love for it to continue, but if it gets a 2nd season its probably going to be more of the same tired storytelling written out in a feminist world view.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

I fully expected Thompson to stop the politic guy and say something like 'Actually, the real people you should be thanking are..' but nope, he took the credit.

Talk about building his character up for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    With the story, instead of going into how Shield started with Peggy, possibly with a parallel view of Hydra at the time, and seeing how that worked out, we got a lame 6 weeks of find the Stark tech gizmos, stop Soviet shenanigans.
    It left me a little confused, the entire build up seemed to be to this huge organization to advance Soviet tech, sort of AIM, but Soviet aligned. Then, wait, forget that, it's just one hypnotist's vendetta. I thought he was a cog in the Leviathon machine, but the wrap up seems to indicate he was IT. They steal all the Stark-tech, but in the end they only wanted Midnight Oil, which they kept with all the other Stark Tech because reasons. They lure Peggy to Russia so they can bring Hypnotoad back, for reasons. They do all this in the middle of the Black Widow Project, exposing the project in the process, because... reasons!

Why not simply abduct Stark, then steal the stuff from the vault, then have him fly the plane, then win before any authorities even knew what hit them?

And yet for nagging on the role of women at the time, 50 times an episode, they completely wash over race relations. With the few non whites in the cast acting as if its 2014.
    When the young black cop pulled them over, it was very disconcerting that it was just "typical". Totally interchangeable with any other cop that would have been there. Race means nothing in this timeline, just sexism. I really was waiting for her to stab him in the eye, but the young cop survives and wears a patch thereafter...

But nope, nothing.

I think they could have condensed the first 4 into one episode, and condensed the last two into one episode, and made a good action packed series. It still realllllly needed some actual "founding of SHIELD" to make sense though. And the hypnotoad was just... dumb, imo.

Aside from that, just like with AoS, these show runners have the worst knowledge of firearms and firearms handling I've ever seen. A lever action sniper rifle here, the racking of the double barrel in the other. Hey, lets have a long barrel shotgun for close quarters, because I'm sure THAT'S what Peggy learned in the military!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    I fully expected Thompson to stop the politic guy and say something like 'Actually, the real people you should be thanking are..' but nope, he took the credit.

Talk about building his character up for nothing.
    A healthy straight white male character not screwing over the woman in the office, BLASMEPHY!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Why not simply abduct Stark, then steal the stuff from the vault, then have him fly the plane, then win before any authorities even knew what hit them?
    I'd have to guess because the hypnotoad (as you call him) was still in Russia. Otherwise yeah wtf, their female agent was able to get him into bed, in his place, and steal all of this stuff, so how much harder would it really have been to abduct him as well.

But then no mind control to fly the plane, but they probably could just staged it, you know drugged him, put him on it, and had someone else fly it to the destination and then suicide bomb, or parachute out.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

But you guys are missing the part where Hypnotoad said "A new opportunity has arisen". Perhaps there were other plans in the works, however, Stark being so close was too much for him to pass up? We'll never know, I'm sure the storyboards to this show are all burned in shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    But you guys are missing the part where Hypnotoad said "A new opportunity has arisen". Perhaps there were other plans in the works, however, Stark being so close was too much for him to pass up? We'll never know, I'm sure the storyboards to this show are all burned in shame.
    I don't know, I still think "A new opportunity has arisen" just meant that their short term plan had changed, with Stark surfacing allowing them a chance to grab him and kill him in the act of using the weapon, but that their overall goal was to steal the gas and use it to destroy Stark publicly. Which they had ample opportunity to do before that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I'd have to guess because the hypnotoad (as you call him) was still in Russia. Otherwise yeah wtf, their female agent was able to get him into bed, in his place, and steal all of this stuff, so how much harder would it really have been to abduct him as well.
    I'm sure it's easier to smuggle hot chicks out of Russia, but the old doctor should have been easy enough to get out. Again, I'm not sure if all of project Leviathon is simply hypnotoad's operation or if he's only one guy among several mucky mucks.

I'm sure it's easier to smuggle hot chicks out of Russia, but the old doctor should have been easy enough to get out. Again, I'm not sure if all of project Leviathon is simply hypnotoad's operation or if he's only one guy among several mucky mucks.
    Episode 6 showed him being recruited in 1944, Leviathan is basically the Soviet version of Hydra and I fully expect them to be making an appearance in Agents of Shield at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Episode 6 showed him being recruited in 1944, Leviathan is basically the Soviet version of Hydra and I fully expect them to be making an appearance in Agents of Shield at some point.
    The Black Widow program has to predate him and his involvement in stuff, but Leviathon was set up in response to the Midnight Oil attack in WW2, using a couple folks from it (with no voices), and seemed entirely geared towards revenge. So not sure if Leviathon is a faction of something more, or it is the overarching agency and hypnotoad only runs a small faction.

The Black Widow program has to predate him and his involvement in stuff, but Leviathon was set up in response to the Midnight Oil attack in WW2, using a couple folks from it (with no voices), and seemed entirely geared towards revenge. So not sure if Leviathon is a faction of something more, or it is the overarching agency and hypnotoad only runs a small faction.
    Leviathan was set up after WWI and is (probably) responsible for the Black Widows.