10+ Year Old Account

Recommendations for nameplate setup for Dk Tank

Hi all,

So after what has been a rough start to raiding for me on my longtime Warlock ( as in its becoming difficult to justify my raid spot, due to the current state of the class, I'm moving to my DK to tank as blood.

Our raid has some issues with our second tank and his schedule, so I'm being tried out basically as a tank to see how I go. The idea is I use this tier to get to grips with tanking and then be ready for Foundry.

Our MT is taking me under his wing, hes a good friend, and its actually an exciting prospect.

One question I had was relating to nameplates. I have used things like threat plates and tidyplates in the past, at present I'm using Elvui and like the nameplate setup I have.

One thing I've noticed as a DPS on elvui is that the nameplates seem to kinda overlap, which can sometimes make it difficult to see them all, and I envisage this might bcome a problem tanking.

Would love to hear thoughts, suggestions and screenshots as to how DK tanks are currently rocking when it comes to nameplates

You change the base movement and placement of nameplates through Blizzards part of the interface. I use Elv myself you just go into nameplates in blizzards interface and set them to spreading/overlap/stacking etc. I personally use spreading(lots of people hate it but w.e) Just gotta find one that works for you.

Then I just have to change to Green if I have threat and Red if I don't and a light red/orange if I am about to pull threat on mobs that I don't have already.

But really unless you are on tectus you don't really need nameplates for much more than easier target swapping on things stacked. Most bosses have very few targets or small targets blood boil will just hold all no matter what.