Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Deleted

Black Rock Foundry World First prediction/discussion thread

Hey guys,

let's start a new thread, just like the one for High Maul, talking about who will get World First kills and so on =)

(I know BRF is still weeks away, we can still discuss here that's what a forum is for, so please don't post any crap in here)

I'll start by saying Midwinter getting a ton of firstkills on the first few bosses, then Method & Paragon catches up to them, while Paragon will get the firstkill on the last boss. I don't think there will be any suprises for the upcoming race, it would be fun though.

Deleted
    Method will be the first European guild to overtake the US after their head start, Paragon will start fashionably late as usual but finnish (hehe) first.
    Last edited by mmoc1a4e44b07c; 2015-01-24 at 09:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacar View Post
    but finnish (hehe) first.
    Lol good one

Seems like Method/Paragon/Russians are the only safe bets. Chinese guilds will fall behind due to not being able to abuse BMAH if they want to be tracked on Wowprogress.

I'd like to see a US guild use the headstart to actually place top 5 or something, but doesn't seem like it'll happen.

But there's definitely a bit of a wildcard in the sense that the race has already started, since mythic highmaul gear is presumably enough to complete mythic BRF with. When highmaul was released, they had to farm through normal and heroic first. This time the best geared guild going into BRF will really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sxq View Post
    Seems like Method/Paragon/Russians are the only safe bets. Chinese guilds will fall behind due to not being able to abuse BMAH if they want to be tracked on Wowprogress.

I'd like to see a US guild use the headstart to actually place top 5 or something, but doesn't seem like it'll happen.

But there's definitely a bit of a wildcard in the sense that the race has already started, since mythic highmaul gear is presumably enough to complete mythic BRF with. When highmaul was released, they had to farm through normal and heroic first. This time the best geared guild going into BRF will really matter.
    The problem is wowprogress don't really matter for many people, it is just a matter of who got the kill first.

And since everyone would be ilvl 685~690+ from start I doubt it will have any effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    The problem is wowprogress don't really matter for many people, it is just a matter of who got the kill first.
    Sure, but I think they will stay within Wowprogress guidelines. Chinese server players made a big push to be recognized and progress tracked and stress that the differences in loot lockouts and stuff on Chinese servers had been evened out to match the rest of the servers. I doubt that now go for the BMAH route, since most people would doubt the legitimacy if they did win the race.

Wonder how Method their roster change will work out.

Paragon to win because they recognise the strength of the true masterclass, Brewmasters.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Think paragon will take it, method 2nd and blood legion will be back up there after the issues they had.

Quote Originally Posted by DayFlorence View Post
    Wonder how Method their roster change will work out.
    What happened to Method?

Quote Originally Posted by Toastiekins View Post
    What happened to Method?
    Several people including off-tank got demoted(kicked).

10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 "US cant win we work too hard to play..."
    Gonna be close between Paragon and Method I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toastiekins View Post
    What happened to Method?
    Yea they have a few new raiders, but they are good. Justmonk seems to be handling things well.

Deleted
    Asians still had a really good chance at world first if they didnt get access days after the US. Just look at other asian guilds and how fast they progressed. Style war cleared 6/7 first week in under a day but then again they had a bit more ilvls but you can still the the crazy amount of skill a lot of asian guilds have.

The delayed access the raid is literally the only thing stopping them from stabbing a world first.

But yeah, paragon, method and exorsus are the only safe bets.

Ascension is good too and will probably take all the world first for the earlier bosses. pretty much the bosses that are not overly challenging like butcher and margok were. I guess Blood Legion has a shot too if their roaster is stable and rig doesnt quit 12 hours into the raid.

But Blood legion/Ascension for the easy / moderately hard / kind of hard bosses. paragon, exorsus or method for the really hard bosses. only due to the fact eu gets it 15 hrs after us. I Asians to be really close though despite their longer delay after the us.
    Last edited by mmocbbccd2592f; 2015-01-08 at 04:51 PM.

How is wowprogress going to handle the ilvl stuff? Technically when Mythic BRF opens...all that Mythic WF BRF gear from the BMAH will be "obtainable" sooooo, yeah. Those asian guilds that bought (and are still buying) Mythic WF BRF gear are going to have an advantage because of the super relaxed server transfer rules in China. I fail to see how they can fairly be included...unless Blizzard changes their policy on BMAH gear (or has worldwide uniform rules on server xfers.)

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    How is wowprogress going to handle the ilvl stuff? Technically when Mythic BRF opens...all that Mythic WF BRF gear from the BMAH will be "obtainable" sooooo, yeah.
    From my understanding, WoWProgress doesn't necessairly care about the BMAH items from your own server, only those obtained from a server transfer. BMAH items from your own server can be purchased with only in-game gold, where as a server transfer and then purchase from the BMAH requires (in most cases) actual curency - which is what WoWProgress is trying to eliminate, the need to spend real money.

In theory, it should be easy to tell when an item was acquired and on what server and exclude those who are abusing it.
    Technically speaking (I don't have any knowledge of the exact internal workings of WoWProgress), I'd assume that they can do this already/easily, considering their announcement on it after Highmaul profression.
    Last edited by Zorick; 2015-01-08 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorick View Post
    From my understanding, WoWProgress doesn't necessairly care about the BMAH items from your own server, only those obtained from a server transfer.

In theory, it should be easy to tell when an item was acquired and on what server.
    Is a greater history available through the API vs what is on the Armory? Because the history of item acquirement on the Armory does not go back very far.

Midwinter is going to do some serious damage in BRF.
    Affinity & Drye recently joined.

Midwinter seems to have recruited a number of players from <WHATEVER WERE AWESOME>, a top 20 contender. We'll see how this plays out in the coming weeks.

Back to you, Steve.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

23 days early?

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    Is a greater history available through the API vs what is on the Armory? Because the history of item acquirement on the Armory does not go back very far.
    I don't believe so - you can see what the API pulls by going to... (replace server-name/character-name obviously)..
    http://us.battle.net/api/wow/charact...me?fields=feed

That being said, with WoWProgress having an indepth record of a characters guild history, I'd imagine they are keeping a lot more historical-data on their own server. Again, I don't know exactly how it all works, just assumptions on my part.