Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Seems like you looked at damage instead of, you know, DPS. He's 4th.
    lol @ looking at dps vs damage done. Damage done is what you look at.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Mar'gok has to be the most biased fight for warlocks, ever. Or for Destruction rather and yet he doesn't top the dps charts. See what I'm getting at?
    What do you want? The lock was the best caster before he died (34k dps), and Margok mythic mode has more movement involved than any other boss before. Mines, waves, exploding tanks, more waves and so on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    lol @ looking at dps vs damage done. Damage done is what you look at.
    Depends on the boss. Warlocks are able to cheeze dmg on several encounters. Its a choice between dps, damage done and damage done to target X where I look at. And in a wipe situation I tend to chose damage done over dps, since dps drops if you die and that usual DK-tard continues for the next few secs. :P

Warlocks are top DPS. They are so OP right now that if you cant top meters you should just delete your lock now
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You do have self-heal/shields/mitigation, free off-cd potions, battle ress, it's objectively not nothing, if you personally want more and don't enjoy what warlocks have, then it's your problem, try other classes then
    healthstone and potions share the same cd last i checked so you can't use both and the healing potion heals more by a large margin so no the healthstone is no longer utility at that point when it's a waker option then what everyone can get for themselves through a potion. We are also still designed around a garbage mechanic like lifetap.

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    Warlock are "Mediocre"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    healthstone and potions share the same cd last i checked so you can't use both and the healing potion heals more by a large margin so no the healthstone is no longer utility at that point when it's a waker option then what everyone can get for themselves through a potion. We are also still designed around a garbage mechanic like lifetap.
    Shaman even have several mechanics who can be dated back to 2004. I dont understand your problem.

Yeah, and keep ignoring all the other shit warlocks got compared to other classes.

Deleted
    Warlocks are doing fine on damage(most like every single other dps spec out there). The difference between specs is so small that skills plays a larger role then spec does, and thats very good.

Warlocks still have great utility. Most guilds wont bug their members to both bring food, flasks potions and healing pots if they have a warlock the healthstone is fine.

You still have some serious passive damage migitation and self healing making you, a really really solid pick in any raid comp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Shaman even have several mechanics who can be dated back to 2004. I dont understand your problem.

Yeah, and keep ignoring all the other shit warlocks got compared to other classes.
    We are tanky. We can make a summoning stone. Other than that, please enlighten me on all those cool things we have that the others don't. Soulstone? Sure, it is nice to put it up on someone pre-fight. Then it will be on CD though, which means you won't be able to reactively use it. Better hope the guy you soulstoned is the one who dies then! So do you save it for when someone dies then? Then it is a 3 second cast, the slowest of all the combat resses. Nice.

Sustained AoE as destruction requires 5-6 targets at least, and you better have embers up beforehand. Affliction doesn't have AoE. Demonology AoE is a bit bursty, then goes down to low sustained AoE, that requires us to be in MELEE range, the ONLY caster class who has to be melee to AoE. Nice.

Gateway is absolutely useless in every fight where it doesn't seem mandatory. There are 0-2 fights every tier where it is "mandatory". Even then, aspect of the fox and stampeding roar can probably be very viable alternatives. The big difference is that those abilities are useful on a lot more fights than just the ones where gateway might be useful. Nice.

Also, the effort required to do well as a warlock is immensely higher than most other classes. Havoc is NOT easy to use, because it is every 15 seconds, and using it poorly punishes you hard. You constantly have to be aware of everything in the situation, just to be middle of the pack.

Last but not least, no other class has to respec as much, just to be good.
    Last edited by mmoc738030ea5a; 2015-01-09 at 11:16 AM.

Our class is broken warlock mechanics on aff feel broken right now slow shard building, demo is ok but damage is low and you are dependent on demo bolt for dps which sucks the fun out of demo form, destro which i play works but dps numbers are low the guy posting 34 k dps yeah what is your item level 666 or 678 with mythic weapons the rest that are below that at the 640 to 650 barely pull 20k dps and this switching spec crap is bullshit i have done fine staying with destro ever fight in highmaul on normal and working on bosses in heroic i am destro no problems. Your dps goes up with gear but you will never be top again and if you have to switch specs and glyphs and talents around ever fight that is just retarded there are no other classes that have to do that no reason we should.My alt shaman in 641 gear pulls more dps then warlock in 651 gear there is a unbalance there and blizzard is ignoring us hoping we all go away and reroll mages dks warriors and boomkins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pungchow View Post
    Our class is broken warlock mechanics on aff feel broken right now slow shard building, demo is ok but damage is low and you are dependent on demo bolt for dps which sucks the fun out of demo form, destro which i play works but dps numbers are low the guy posting 34 k dps yeah what is your item level 666 or 678 with mythic weapons the rest that are below that at the 640 to 650 barely pull 20k dps and this switching spec crap is bullshit i have done fine staying with destro ever fight in highmaul on normal and working on bosses in heroic i am destro no problems. Your dps goes up with gear but you will never be top again and if you have to switch specs and glyphs and talents around ever fight that is just retarded there are no other classes that have to do that no reason we should.My alt shaman in 641 gear pulls more dps then warlock in 651 gear there is a unbalance there and blizzard is ignoring us hoping we all go away and reroll mages dks warriors and boomkins.
    The game is not balanced around your 630 dungeons gear, sorry. Its balanced for the current hardest content and the max. ilvl you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You do have self-heal/shields/mitigation, free off-cd potions, battle ress, it's objectively not nothing, if you personally want more and don't enjoy what warlocks have, then it's your problem, try other classes then
    Self stuff isn't raid utility.
    Off-cd? health stones that do share cooldown with health potions but are worse then them.
    Soulstone - Only thing you list of those 3 that is reasonable raid utility but still is inferior to battle rezzes that others can bring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks are alright if they have a good player behind them. Given the choice, you're probably better looking for something else to fill the raid spot.

I guess the real question is, why play a Warlock when you can play a Mage and with the exact same skill level, get better overall results? I'm kind of aiming that question an you Jess since I know you've switched to Mage for progression.
    Last edited by Xandy; 2015-01-10 at 06:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    I guess the real question is, why play a Warlock when you can play a Mage and with the exact same skill level, get better overall results? I'm kind of aiming that question an you Jess since I know you've switched to Mage for progression.
    All that and feel useful without Counter-spells, Spellsteals and Amplify Magic.... The answer should be because it's fun. I don't think the 100 talents are all that fun for any spec, they feel shoehorned in and forced and not a particularly 'organic' addition. Then when it comes to speccing the 'least bad' option, then that comes with too great a tax in performance.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I think the 100 talents have much of the same problem the old 90 talents had with Mages strangely enough; the rotations before you get to 100 feel fine but picking that last talent breaks it up and changes it to something else. They don't really feel like much of a bonus, but more like the 'least of an inconvenience'.

If it's not fun, and sub par functionally, then the only reasons left to play are a misguided sense of "class loyalty" or emotional investment into your character.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2015-01-11 at 01:21 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    640 to 650 barely pull 20k dps and this switching spec crap is bullshit
    Then you're playing really, really poorly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    Then you're playing really, really poorly.
    well he is right about the switching spec part, i find it to be an elitist and too hardcore approach to something the majority of ppl have a casual approach to. also 20k dps at the start of the ilvls 640+ is prolly a bit on the low side, altho i do think the average is somewhere between 20-25k dps.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2015-01-11 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    If it's not fun, and sub par functionally, then the only reasons left to play are a misguided sense of "class loyalty" or emotional investment into your character.
    Ouch.
    It hurts more because it's true :P

- - - Updated - - -

@Zevoa

When I was 650 ilvl I had shitty 630 weapon and trinkets and "really poorly" is overreacting. More like what Almara said.

EDIT: I said "hurt's" ...
    Last edited by evertonbelmontt; 2015-01-11 at 01:42 AM.

Depends on the fight/players, overall i'll say we're fine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzPgMqqEz68

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spelorzi View Post
    Depends on the fight/players, overall i'll say we're fine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzPgMqqEz68
    locks are fine provided you have the gear to play all 3 specs optimally, which imo is part of the problem, the differences in dps between specs on the various encounters are simply too great atm. i feel they should be quite a bit better overall when you factor in the lack of utility and movement dps, not to mention all our trap talents/spells/glyphs we have.

also afflic is only decent on that fight bcoz its short and in that particular video the mages are playing by far the least optimal spec on the fight.

Deleted
    they are fine