Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Honestly adds for my group have never been an issue. We usually just let the tanks whittle them down and pop raid CDs as necessary. A Revival at the right moment can pretty much make the damage from them insignificant. Just make sure you are killing them slowly enough for your healers to catch up on damage and ensure that when the mages are dead your DPS dont go ham and kill all of the remaining adds right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Leaving a mage up is because of low DPS. The add that the boss spawns needs to be kills ASAP and so do the little mobs that he spawns. Killing the add and then going back to the mage would leave little time to put any damage on the boss for a couple of minutes.
    If you leave a warmage up after the transition, you leave it up til the boss is dead and just deal with its abilities. You don't switch between arcane aberrations and warmage before damaging Mar'gok again. Sorry for the confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Ralahast View Post
    If you leave a warmage up after the transition, you leave it up til the boss is dead and just deal with its abilities. You don't switch between arcane aberrations and warmage before damaging Mar'gok again. Sorry for the confusion
    Yes I'm aware of that, I was saying that's why the 2nd mage isn't killed after the boss comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleanse View Post
    Is leaving a Mage up really worth it? I keep hearing people say they do that, but it seems a lot more complex than just killing it.
    It is worth it if and only if you can't kill it before the phase transition ends. The problem becomes if your raid doesn't have enough DPS to kill that you will definitely fall behind on the Replicating Arcane Aberrations and that will be your soft enrage-- therefore you can't afford to kill it.

If your raid DPS is good enough to kill all three Ogres obviously it's not going to be a problem, but unless you're all wearing Mythic gear that is unlikely to happen.