Page 97 of 108 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Bollocks.

Lich King, Ysera, Pyros, Kazakus, Sindragosa, etc etc. (a lot more but cba to write them all down) all have a HUGE impact on arena runs without any support card. More than a bonemare will ever have.
    Depends on what else you have.

I mean, you could easily get something that won't help you from the Lich King/Ysera/Kazakus. Sindragosa I'm honestly not sure why you would consider her to have more value than a Bonemare, since she could give you two Chos if she wants.

Bonemare is reliable. Those cards are not. And has Cysia said, you can easily get several Bonemares, making it even harder to deal with.

Deleted
    Way to miss the entire point of my response.

being commen it has more impact on arena cause it shows up alot more often.
    Last edited by mmocc56b999c4f; 2017-11-02 at 07:12 PM.

Bollocks.

Lich King, Ysera, Pyros, Kazakus, Sindragosa, etc etc. (a lot more but cba to write them all down) all have a HUGE impact on arena runs without any support card. More than a bonemare will ever have.
    Many of those require having the tempo to play them, and possibly extending the game to the late late game depending on when you actually pull them. Things like Ysera don't do anything for you if you're facing an aggro build and can't afford playing a '9 mana, do nothing' card that could cost you the game.

For one of my runs I drafted the new Elise. Guess what? Drew her maybe once in the whole run, never drew the pack. Many legendaries do not contribute to the success of your run unless you have the nuts rng.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Legendaries do not equal wins, friend.
    My last arena run was ended entirely by legendaries. My 3 loses were to a Shadowreaper, a LK and a Sindragosa that gave the opponent Alexstrazsa and Velen.

All 3 games i was ahead when they were played. Bonemares can be dealt with alot easier than some of these stupidly overpowered (not Sindragosa) new legendaries

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    My last arena run was ended entirely by legendaries. My 3 loses were to a Shadowreaper, a LK and a Sindragosa that gave the opponent Alexstrazsa and Velen.

All 3 games i was ahead when they were played. Bonemares can be dealt with alot easier than some of these stupidly overpowered (not Sindragosa) new legendaries
    Yes some legendaries can easily make or break games. I finished one recently where I had two priest legendaries that massively helped my run.

However, the point is that a card being legendary does not always provide that experience regardless of what card it is. In fact, most legendaries are outclassed by epics, rares, and some commons. For every massively impactful legendary in arena I can give you two that are 'meh' or just plan bad.

Why does the game do this to me?
    I get a quest to play murlocs, so I make a Wild murloc deck just to get that quest done.
    What do I run in to? A fucking priest with all the aoe combo and single aoe cards priest has.
    I never run into that kind of priest deck otherwise -.-

Also: I wish cards from the latest expansion would be excluded from Wild. I go to Wild to play something different, not the exact same decks that I face in Standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've played about 40 games today and I'd say 35 of those were druids. They're so brokenly op that I made an anti-druid deck that prevents casting ultimate lul altogether, and also disables hero powers after changing to DK. So fun! Also works even better against machine gun priest. But I despise druids so much that I have not once played them in the past year and decided I will never touch that class, so I chose to disenchant every druid card I have So much extra dust for more balanced classes!

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

7 games tonight. Played 1 mage and the rest were rogues. Where did all the priests go?

Also all the rogues happened to have Keleseth in the opening hand... managed to Dirty Rat it once but fighting against that buff is just stupid.
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2017-11-08 at 01:40 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, control lock mirror match, was coming down to fatigue and we're in the stage where I know we both have one Siphon left, and are trying to fake each other out to get the final board presence. I'm pretty confident that even if we end up hero powering each other and ending each turn, I'll win eventually.

He plays Marin when he has only a handful of cards left. I save my Siphon and kill it with board + hero power, in case of Gold Kobold / double legendary. He wipes out the rest and the chest with Nether, to he expected. When he plays his chest card, yep, it's Gold Kobold. He only has one card left, so I hero power the Kobold and pass - next turn I can hero power it again and Siphon whatever legendary he got.

Turns out he got Sindragosa.

And inside one of the icicles

Was another Sindragosa.

Fuck's sake.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Thought I'd seen it all until I face a face priest with that stupid legendary Anduin.

I've never said this before, no matter how busted the meta was, but I think Hearthstone might be utterly broken now.

So you'll face two kinds of decks now - either they have DK cards that are on an absurd power level and nothing can compete with them in the endgame, or the only decks that can counter them. Which is to say, retarded face decks that aim to end the game by turn 5 to ensure they don't get there. It's pure RNG whether those are a win or lose.

It's miserable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I've never said this before, no matter how busted the meta was, but I think Hearthstone might be utterly broken now.

So you'll face two kinds of decks now - either they have DK cards that are on an absurd power level and nothing can compete with them in the endgame, or the only decks that can counter them. Which is to say, retarded face decks that aim to end the game by turn 5 to ensure they don't get there. It's pure RNG whether those are a win or lose.

It's miserable.
    Dk's are in no way unbeatable in the late game, are they strong yes and some of the dk's like uther and garrosh outside their weapon do very little but there not
    un beatable no, ive on multiple occasions beaten players who used their dk without using mine and ive lost when i had my dk out and my oponent dint.

Its not ever pure rng if you win or loose a game.

And you can counter dks wihout rushing them down, mage dk dont let minion with 1hp live, dk guldan save a boardclear, anduin go face since he has a lot of burst or use mindbreaker, dk thrall as usual for playing againt shamans keep their board clear as much you can. DK uther dont ingore the horsemen he spawns you loose if he gets all 4 but if he gets all 4 its prolly your fault for ingoring them, dk malfurion kill the 2spiders with spells or weak minions/hero power scarabs kill with your minions they just soak up dmg arent a threat, keep his board clear but go face when his board isnt much a threat else you can just die from savage roar. Dk rexxar can be anoying to deal with his zombeasts put he cant guarantee to get any good ones, kill threathing zombeats and then do face dmg whenever you dont need to kill some deadly zombeast, deny him as much chances as you can for using hero power by letting him live shorter, dk garrosh after his weapon you need to keep his board clear of threats , outside rotface grom and frothing beserker acivations the hero power doesnt have alot of impact. For Rogue dk depends what deck it is, but be aware of comboes,keep the board clear of arcane Giants and all, if its jade rogue dont kill swarmers and aya and raptors that copies aya or swarmer deathrattle on your turn let them pop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    Dk's are in no way unbeatable in the late game, are they strong yes and some of the dk's like uther and garrosh outside their weapon do very little but there not
    un beatable no, ive on multiple occasions beaten players who used their dk without using mine and ive lost when i had my dk out and my oponent dint.

Its not ever pure rng if you win or loose a game.

And you can counter dks wihout rushing them down, mage dk dont let minion with 1hp live, dk guldan save a boardclear, anduin go face since he has a lot of burst or use mindbreaker, dk thrall as usual for playing againt shamans keep their board clear as much you can. DK uther dont ingore the horsemen he spawns you loose if he gets all 4 but if he gets all 4 its prolly your fault for ingoring them, dk malfurion kill the 2spiders with spells or weak minions/hero power scarabs kill with your minions they just soak up dmg arent a threat, keep his board clear but go face when his board isnt much a threat else you can just die from savage roar. Dk rexxar can be anoying to deal with his zombeasts put he cant guarantee to get any good ones, kill threathing zombeats and then do face dmg whenever you dont need to kill some deadly zombeast, deny him as much chances as you can for using hero power by letting him live shorter, dk garrosh after his weapon you need to keep his board clear of threats , outside rotface grom and frothing beserker acivations the hero power doesnt have alot of impact. For Rogue dk depends what deck it is, but be aware of comboes,keep the board clear of arcane Giants and all, if its jade rogue dont kill swarmers and aya and raptors that copies aya or swarmer deathrattle on your turn let them pop it.
    Well see, I'm mostly talking about Anduin, so when you say "go face", that's exactly why the game has polarised into DK decks (mostly Priest and Druid) and face race decks.

I mean you're right, I probably shouldn't have said DK, since some of them are joke cards like Rexxar's. Which is the free DK I got

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

It's miserable.
    Considering that I was messing around the other day & played my 30 legendary minion warrior, and won against a Razakus Priest (partially due to him not drawing the DK) I would definitely say that the DKs are not unbeatable. I mean, you can't get a memeier win than that against a top tier deck.

Also, Exodia Mage (which is not an aggro deck) beats Razakus Priest as well, so you're options aren't just decks with DKs or counter decks that win by turn 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Considering that I was messing around the other day & played my 30 legendary minion warrior, and won against a Razakus Priest (partially due to him not drawing the DK) I would definitely say that the DKs are not unbeatable. I mean, you can't get a memeier win than that against a top tier deck.

Also, Exodia Mage (which is not an aggro deck) beats Razakus Priest as well, so you're options aren't just decks with DKs or counter decks that win by turn 5.
    I'm not saying it's impossible to beat them, anything is possible in HS.

Exodia Mage is another ridiculous deck though. But you don't see it as often since it's pretty unreliable.

Also since Exodia is also the kind of deck that just gets to the stage of the game where it can OTK and there's nothing you can do about it, it also encourages everyone else to play face decks.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2017-11-12 at 02:19 AM.

I wonder what new players think when they try out HS and meet jade druid and other strong decks below rank 20...

10+ Year Old Account
    If I understand correctly, new players get matched against new players. There's an internal system that dictates this. I'm unsure at what point they stop getting considered new players though. The system also give new players an invisible 1 loss mark in Arena so that they'll only face players who have already lost a game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    I wonder what new players think when they try out HS and meet jade druid and other strong decks below rank 20...
    Make a new account and test this. Your brand new newbie basics deck will go up against other newbie basic decks.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Make a new account and test this. Your brand new newbie basics deck will go up against other newbie basic decks.
    I meet players that mostly just seem to have the basic classic cards and a few good cards here and there, so... are you considered a non-newbie after x amount of time and then start to meet players with full net decks, or is it when you have gotten x amount of cards or opened x amount of card packs?
    It takes some time to get packs or dust so you can craft a full deck.

Raza should only affect healing for priests and not the shadow dmg shit from anduin that refreshes when playing a card. Shit like this ruins the game. Endless boring turns. Its the same like grim patron was for warriors...a so far fun and head to head games just turns into a movie were you end up as a spectator getting facerolled.

They rather release new cards to make money then to balance the game. I switched from standard to wild to escape those braindead decks andd for the first time in wild i meet the same crap...