Page 87 of 95 FirstFirst ...
37
77
85
86
87
88
89
... LastLast
  1. #1721
    Was playing Murloc Pally against Hunter. He plays Macaw and gets a fucking Hungry Crab. Next game I play 30 warrior card quest warrior because I have a quest to play warrior cards. Go against Rogue who finds Don Hancho off of hallucination and gets the 5/5 buff to land on a questing adventurer. Then he gets sudden Genesis off another Hallucination to summon duplicates of his 2 Questing Adventurers. Meanwhile I'm halfway through my deck without seeing Execute or Brawl. HEARTHSTONE IS FUN AND COMPETETIVE

    Fun-Stuff and League of Legends Forum Moderator

  2. #1722
    Quote Originally Posted by Danish View Post
    And I myself just went up against two Hunters as Priest and was dead by round 6 in both matches. Didn't matter that I put up taunts.
    Raptor Hatchling
    Raptor Hatchling
    Leokk
    Houndmaster

    Poof, down to 15 HP at the end of round 5 and dead by 6. Is the only way to climb in ranked really to play aggro classes..?
    I made it to rank 5 in standard with control paladin and rank 5 in wild with a death rattle hunter. Aggro does seem to be very strong right now, especially druid. But with all the aggro around, I'd say change up your decks a little bit to counter them.
    and then he cupped my balls...

  3. #1723
    so doing the brawl this week and rafam got legendary staff on turn 3. proceeds to pull murkeye into gormok into deathwing the dragonlord which he kills to bring out deathwing and alextraza into kelthuzad the same turn the deathwing died...
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

  4. #1724
    Really enjoying playing quest rogue after i almost quit hs completely. It's a really fun deck but jesus is it infuriating when you don't draw any of your bounces/preps/vanishes against aggro.

  5. #1725
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Really enjoying playing quest rogue after i almost quit hs completely. It's a really fun deck but jesus is it infuriating when you don't draw any of your bounces/preps/vanishes against aggro.
    You're not going to get ANY sympathy losing as quest rogue.

  6. #1726
    just in tavern brawl fought against a rafaam that got his fully upgraded staff hero power on turn3!!!

  7. #1727
    This season i cant even get to rank 15 because i concede against all boring decks and there are somehow many lately

  8. #1728
    Herald of the Titans Twoddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    just in tavern brawl fought against a rafaam that got his fully upgraded staff hero power on turn3!!!
    I've always had the legendary staff pieces by turn 3, I assumed that the game worked that way.

  9. #1729
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    I've always had the legendary staff pieces by turn 3, I assumed that the game worked that way.
    It didn't.

    As far as I know, it's just two completely random cards in your deck for the upgrades. So if you're getting it by turn 3, you're just lucking out. I know I didn't draw it until like, turn 7 or 8, because I was able to hero power, upgrade, hero power.

  10. #1730
    Having some fun games and then all of a sudden a string of 6 hunter games in a row just getting rushed down... So interesting.

  11. #1731
    Was playing my Dijini Priest in casual for my quest and lost to a... Silence Hunter?

    Didn't think to play around that...

  12. #1732
    Just finished a great arena run which ended 11-3 with a 74score Rogue. just to get the biggest letdown by my reward... hold on to your hat

    200gold
    1 golden common
    1 rare
    1 pack

    Thats actually an insult tbh They seriously need to remove the freaking common rewards.

  13. #1733
    Dreadlord Chuupag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    934
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Just finished a great arena run which ended 11-3 with a 74score Rogue. just to get the biggest letdown by my reward... hold on to your hat

    200gold
    1 golden common
    1 rare
    1 pack

    Thats actually an insult tbh They seriously need to remove the freaking common rewards.
    You are complaining that you basically made back 3x your entrance fee but feel gyped because it was only a golden common...ok.

  14. #1734
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    You are complaining that you basically made back 3x your entrance fee but feel gyped because it was only a golden common...ok.
    I am complaning about that you can get less gold by getting 11 win than 10 win and almost 9 win... i couldnt care less about a common card... 9 out of 10 people just want to get gold so they can enter arena again.

  15. #1735
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    I am complaning about that you can get less gold by getting 11 win than 10 win and almost 9 win... i couldnt care less about a common card... 9 out of 10 people just want to get gold so they can enter arena again.
    I agree with your assessment. I played quite a few arena runs last week but had to stop because I was ending up getting garbage cards/dust instead of my gold back. It's a gold drainer, but yes, the rewards really try to hold you down by giving you garbage, so you need to spend $$ to keep playing. It's not balanced, but there's nothing you can do about it, it's one of the ways Blizzard tricks players into spending money.
    I'm one of those people with their PC specs listed in their signature now. Aryan PC Master Race.

    I know you Intel fanboys are jelly over my brand new hardware:
    My Intel fidget spinner.

  16. #1736
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    I am complaning about that you can get less gold by getting 11 win than 10 win and almost 9 win... i couldnt care less about a common card... 9 out of 10 people just want to get gold so they can enter arena again.
    Yeah, I think all their rewards could use another looking at.

  17. #1737
    Herald of the Titans Twoddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    I am complaning about that you can get less gold by getting 11 win than 10 win and almost 9 win... i couldnt care less about a common card... 9 out of 10 people just want to get gold so they can enter arena again.
    I play arena regularly and I am not one of those 9 people. Sometimes you get less than average rewards and sometimes you get more. On this occasion you got less than average rewards for 11 wins but it's pointless to moan about it.

    However I do have a massive stash of gold that always stays at about the same because I never spend it in the shop. I play arena virtually everyday, sometimes 5 runs in a row and sometimes I take a break and of course I make sure the daily quests are completed every day to help with that. I'm not an "infinite arena player" by any means but I get by easily.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I agree with your assessment. I played quite a few arena runs last week but had to stop because I was ending up getting garbage cards/dust instead of my gold back. It's a gold drainer, but yes, the rewards really try to hold you down by giving you garbage, so you need to spend $$ to keep playing. It's not balanced, but there's nothing you can do about it, it's one of the ways Blizzard tricks players into spending money.
    In the end a golden common is equivalent to 50 gold, a regular rare is equivalent to 20 gold. To me getting one or the other makes absolutely no difference because the ultimate aim to flesh out a standard card collection not build a huge gold stash.

  18. #1738
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    However I do have a massive stash of gold that always stays at about the same because I never spend it in the shop. I play arena virtually everyday, sometimes 5 runs in a row and sometimes I take a break and of course I make sure the daily quests are completed every day to help with that. I'm not an "infinite arena player" by any means but I get by easily.
    (Didn't you say you had like 7 alternate accounts to help with gold/play Arena on?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    In the end a golden common is equivalent to 50 gold, a regular rare is equivalent to 20 gold.
    Really? I don't feel like thinking right now so I wonder how that math works.

    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    the ultimate aim to flesh out a standard card collection not build a huge gold stash.
    Hmmm I see. My goal is to play as many games as possible and be able to play as many fun [constructed] decks as I can. So getting dust...or cards that only turn into dust is about as valueless as possible.

    I try to think of the gold spent on arena as gold spent on content/fun, but looking at when the next expansion launches and how many packs I'll need to buy, I sort of need to save and not use my gold on arena runs.

    Although I'll probably take your advice and do arenas next expansion instead of just buying packs outright.
    I'm one of those people with their PC specs listed in their signature now. Aryan PC Master Race.

    I know you Intel fanboys are jelly over my brand new hardware:
    My Intel fidget spinner.

  19. #1739
    Herald of the Titans Twoddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    (Didn't you say you had like 7 alternate accounts to help with gold/play Arena on?)
    I made them during the Morgl promotion to create referal friends, then I started using them for arena practice without risking gold. But now I feel I don't need the practice so they remain idle.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Really? I don't feel like thinking right now so I wonder how that math works.
    Statistics have been compiled by data-mining 1000s of pack openings and it turns out the total dust value of the cards inside packs is very closely equivalent to the gold spent on those packs in the long run.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I try to think of the gold spent on arena as gold spent on content/fun, but looking at when the next expansion launches and how many packs I'll need to buy, I sort of need to save and not use my gold on arena runs.
    When Old Gods came out I spent ALL my saved gold on packs and then made a decision to start saving and never to buy packs on the fly again, f2p forever more! By the time Gadgetzan came I had 15000 gold and decided to play arena for packs instead of buying them.

    A couple of months and 130 arenas (150 was my goal but I got lazy) later I had opened 130 MSoG packs and accumulated more dust from rewards and still had plenty of gold as a base for the next expansion. 130 arenas easily gets enough packs and dust for you to play constructed till the next expac if you want, much more than you would have got had you bought packs in the shop even if you're not that good.

    This is now the cycle I'm in, play arena for a couple of months -> play constructed or more arena or chill till the next expac, gold isn't even an issue any more once you have the momentum going and don't spend it all at once.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2017-05-31 at 12:52 AM.

  20. #1740
    Mayor noggenfogger is a super shit card. I decided to put it in my deck for fun. He has 5 minions on his side i have 3 and decide to put noggenfogger to avoid lethal next turn. He targets 2 times my fogger fuck with his minions and after its chosing randomly it 2 times ends up also attacking my noggenfooger....random yeah

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •