Page 98 of 108 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hate machine gun derp priests soooo much. They literally always have raza by turn 5, or 4 with coin, dragonfire pot when it's perfect, and randuin by turn 8. And then kazakus pot comes to save the game if all else fails.

Forces me to play my mindbreaker + nerubian unraveler buff deck to block the hero power and greatly limit the spell choices. Works suprisingly well, especially if I bait out shadow words and pots, and play taunts before those main cards. It's also so funny against jade druids, as they can't even use ultimate lul with nerubian on board, protected by taunts.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy shitsnacks, I just got wasted by an Exodia Mage on turn 6.

TURN
    SIX.

He played Glyph on turns 2 and 3. The turn 2 Glyph re-rolled itself THREE TIMES (3/6).
    Turn 4 was Book, followed by the Simulacrum he got from it (4/6). And then...

Turn 5 - Girl, Girl (created by Simulacrum), Reflection (created by Glyph) (5/6), Reflection (created by Glyph) (6/6 - quest completed), Time Warp
    Turn 6 - Coin, Tony, AI

GG.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing a big revive priest, facing a warlock.

Turn 2, the warlock plays gnomeferatu. Discards my ysera.

Turn 3, the warlock plays gnomeferatu. Discards my Y'shaaraj.

Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    I wonder what new players think when they try out HS and meet jade druid and other strong decks below rank 20...
    That's an easy question: they think "this is complete garbage" and move on.

Good for them too as they won't risk losing massive amounts of hard earned cash ... to avoid frustration.

No excuses here. HS is a terrible money printing machine. It is not even "fun" playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    If I understand correctly, new players get matched against new players. There's an internal system that dictates this. I'm unsure at what point they stop getting considered new players though. The system also give new players an invisible 1 loss mark in Arena so that they'll only face players who have already lost a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Make a new account and test this. Your brand new newbie basics deck will go up against other newbie basic decks.
    As far as I was aware, everyone is considered "new" at the beginning of each month as far as your MMR is concerned.

What I wanna try though is conceding 20 or so games at the start of the season because in ELO rating systems the first few games are when you are fast tracked to your "true" MMR. Meaning if you lose the first 20 games your MMR will be rock bottom so you'll get easier games and when the fast track period is over, MMR continues to change but with much less variance. So, easy games for much of the month at least in theory.

Why so many ppl play Jade Druid..its soooooo boring. 3 in a row now...omg...

10+ Year Old Account
    Start of new season. Breezed from 20 to 16 4* with just one or two losses with Zoo Lock. Nice start, so I thought.

Then over the past 4 days ( I play jsut a game or 5 a day ) I got pushed back from 16 4* to 20 in a continuous pummelling playing with Zoo Lock, Big Priest, Highlander Priest, Rogue, Evolve Shaman, Elemental DK Mage and quest Mage. Every single game I got utter shit card draw and my opponents just had a perfect curve, ending most of my games at turn 5 or 6 without me being able to do anything to stop it.

Grmpff.

My first dungeon run and i get to the 8th boss which for me was The Darkness. Was holding my own keeping the board clear of his free 5/5 every turn and chipping him down. I hold out until it is about to go into fatigue and i start playing my big minions, 4 turns in a row he Mindcontrols 2x and Entombs x2. Then once my big stuff is his he does x2 10 mana forbidden shapings, all this while still getting a free 5/5 each turn.

I went from a large lead to getting crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    My first dungeon run and i get to the 8th boss which for me was The Darkness. Was holding my own keeping the board clear of his free 5/5 every turn and chipping him down. I hold out until it is about to go into fatigue and i start playing my big minions, 4 turns in a row he Mindcontrols 2x and Entombs x2. Then once my big stuff is his he does x2 10 mana forbidden shapings, all this while still getting a free 5/5 each turn.

I went from a large lead to getting crushed.
    i just faced the darkness, i had no big minions except ysera, but i had raza anduin kazakus lyra reno, so i just played the control/value game removing his 5/5's with 0 mana hero power play a card or 2, ran him completely out of cards while i had 8 in hand in 9 in deck easy game lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Facing jade druid in wild... get the fuck back to standard with that boring deck! It's the only deck my malygos rogue struggles against so far.

I don't know if I'm extremely unlucky or if my opponents are extremely lucky, but since we got the patch rogues have completely destroyed me. Oh, and 90% seem to be playing rogue now.
    I hate that rogue card that put spiders in their deck and then they draw their entire deck in a few turns and copying that spider 3484389 times :P

Any tips what deck counters that rogue deck?

10+ Year Old Account
    The spell hunter was supposed to be a meme.

Can anything win double frost trap into 4x 3/3 wolves?

Done 3 dungeon runs today and my opinion remains that the first 7 fights are generally a joke but the last bosses are just stupid.

Beam boss that shuffles your minions back into your deck or just takes control of them every turn is the worst offender for me so far.
    The Darkness and the one that burns cards off the top of your deck have just been getting godly turns to swing the game so wildly

Gone 7 wins in every run i've done so far.

Deleted
    Darkness is suck a dumb boss. I think you need stealth to have a chance against him at all. Thought have only fought against him 3 times with rogue, so much removal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Done 3 dungeon runs today and my opinion remains that the first 7 fights are generally a joke but the last bosses are just stupid.

Beam boss that shuffles your minions back into your deck or just takes control of them every turn is the worst offender for me so far.
    The Darkness and the one that burns cards off the top of your deck have just been getting godly turns to swing the game so wildly

Gone 7 wins in every run i've done so far.
    Beam boss announces which beam she gets every turn. You need to keep alert for what beams are in hand and play around them

Sometimes you can't really play around them, and he stockpiles them and uses the best ones for any given situation. Flummox in particular is pretty crippling if you don't have a way to generate a lot of minions (esp if you get low on cards).

I managed to beat him with a priest deck, I had double starting hp (so 100 on that fight) and the wish spell (heals to full and fills board with legendaries). I used wish on 34 hp remaining, the game eventually ended with me on 7 hp left and the boss on his 7th turn of fatigue damage...

Devourer is an asshole too, sometimes he just discards all your good cards even when you theoretically should be able to beat him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    Devourer is an asshole too, sometimes he just discards all your good cards even when you theoretically should be able to beat him.
    Oh fuck me thats so annoying, I've had Devourer more times than any other end boss. One time the very first burn was both Wish and Mitts of Mugging together.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Beam boss announces which beam she gets every turn. You need to keep alert for what beams are in hand and play around them
    I was using a pretty spell heavy mage deck and it was getting one of the 2 beams i mentioned nearly every turn. I think it got a couple fire ones but discarded them. So it was getting the beams faster than i was drawing minions.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychohamster View Post
    Darkness is suck a dumb boss. I think you need stealth to have a chance against him at all. Thought have only fought against him 3 times with rogue, so much removal.
    lava filled room is twice as bad it's literally like 30 removal cards, and if it does spawn a minion the minion comes with removal like a fire ele deals 3 dmg, i barely won as priest because i couldn't keep 1 minion alive it just gets removed instantly by flamestrike/fireball/pyroblast/lava burst etc, had to win by fatigue and anduin doing all my damage and reno healing me to full.

oh and it ended with him having 4 cards in hand (removal) and me with 4 dead spells in hand, so yeah he can easily remove every minion in your deck you need spells to win.

having the trog boss that puts out a tunnel trog on each spell against a 75% spell mage deck...yeah fun
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.