Deleted

"Lock and Load" proccs (Noob question)

I recently starting playing my hunter again - Havnt played it since Cata.

My main question is: When I get the [Lock and Load] proccs, should I spam Explosive-shot or should I wait for the dot to finish before casting the next?
    Since your perk makes it 1second longer, it feels like a waste to spam it and not keep the dot for a longer period of time..

Will the damage carry over, or will I loose 3 secs worth of dot when I cast it again? (4 sec dot minus a global)

Some people say I should let the dot tick 1 time, other say to spam it, to let the CD start counting, for most possible Explosive shots overall in a fight.

Sorry if this question is answered in a sticky somewhere, just couldnt find the exact answer I needed.

It's been answered millions of times.

It doesn't overwrite. You should spam it.

Well it does that now, but before WOD (As far as i know) it did not, so being that he has returned to his hutner i'd say this is a valid question, don't bash him.

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    It's been answered millions of times.

It doesn't overwrite. You should spam it.
    So does it stack the damage then? because even if i spam 3 it only lasts 3 seconds. I never notice it hit harder though

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    So does it stack the damage then? because even if i spam 3 it only lasts 3 seconds. I never notice it hit harder though
    i hve noticed this my self but everyone keeps saying spamming it.....

Quote Originally Posted by critterkiller View Post
    Well it does that now, but before WOD (As far as i know) it did not, so being that he has returned to his hutner i'd say this is a valid question, don't bash him.
    You've been able to spam ES since the start of MoP.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

I wasn't bashing him, just saying it's been answered a LOT.

It refreshes the dot and adds the additional damage ON TOP of the damage being done already. It is, as I said, perfectly fine to spam it.

Quote Originally Posted by Finbezwaz View Post
    You've been able to spam ES since the start of MoP.
    Okay so they changed it in MOP, relatively new then

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    I wasn't bashing him, just saying it's been answered a LOT.

It refreshes the dot and adds the additional damage ON TOP of the damage being done already. It is, as I said, perfectly fine to spam it.
    Allright, then i am sorry, i might have seen it wrong, bad by me.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes when I spam Explosive Shot, I set myself on fire. Don't risk setting yourself on fire. Don't spam Explosive Shot.*

(* unless you want to deal a lot of damage)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by critterkiller View Post
    Search is a gift from the gods. Why have we as a species forsaken it.

Deleted
    LnL procs stack their exist dmg to new one, buffing new one with more dmg. like you shoot first LnL proc ES crit 10k, you get 2-3 LnL in row after 2shot, ES is critting like +18k. My highest ES crit is without dmg% buff like 25k crit/tick after 6LnL proc in row