10+ Year Old Account

Is gen OT not being moderated the same anymore?

I have seen MANY religion trolls, gun control trolls (Seriously, every single thread that has anything to do with violence instantly brings out the same 3-4 people on each side, its getting absolutely ridiculous), and flat out nation bashing troll/bait posts.

I'm talking about things like going into an unrelated thread and saying something "BUT THE PEOPLE THAT BELIEVE IN THE MAGIC MAN IN THE SKY WOULD BE OFFENDED!" and nothing else. That is clearly a troll, and has been reported, but is completely ignored for days.

Meanwhile, in some random unrelated to america or gun control thread, there was a five page argument using the same tired cliches (Again, from both sides) about gun control, where literally the same people from the gun control thread derailed a thread for those five pages. No infractions for either side.

Its like a wild west in their right now, if the wild west was people screaming at each other about religion, gun control, and why america sucks in every single thread.

I realize I will probably get "Just report it and move on!" but seriously, I do. And nothing is EVER done to these obvious bait/troll/flaming posts. Ever.

Its like going into a thread with the intention of derailing it into yet another gun control thread is 100% fine for some reason. Or to start some random religion debate that was not even the intent of the thread.

Its getting to the point where you can't even have a decent conversation without someone derailing it within a page or two into one of those topics.

And last but perhaps most importantly, is the political trolls. every single thread turns into republicans are bad, democrats are bad, liberals are bad, conservatives are bad, my side is right on 100% of the issues, you are a retard. Every single freaking thread I go into has people bashing the other party. Oftentimes within FIVE POSTS of the thread starting.

I see people infracted for that sometimes; however the disparity in what "Side" gets infracted is absolutely ridiculous. I've had people flat out saying extremely rude, insulting things directly at me, and not get infractions. I then see people get infractions for saying they don't agree, perhaps with a little rudeness, but nowhere near as bad as what the other people had just said, right above them.

I realize people will accuse me of having a victim complex, but go for it. If I said 1/4 of the things that have been said to me I wouldn't even be able to post here anymore, I would be banned. Somehow, someway, they get away with it.
    You're a towel.

Discussion cannot happen when debaters don't understand what is required for discussion to take place.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

The religion thing has never been strongly enforced. IMO it's kind of naive to think you could.

I may be responsible for some of the above, if so, sorry! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    Discussion cannot happen when debaters don't understand what is required for discussion to take place.
    Yes, that's true. But when the members of the discussion cannot do so according to the rules, then the job of the moderators is to step in and rectify the situation. And frankly, the moderating around here is all over the place. Some people get infractions every time they post, while others go for days without anything being done. More than once, I've seen more than one person say "What did so-and-so do to get an infraction?", or "Was that really worth banning?"

Of course, this will go nowhere, because the site's Orwellian rules mean we cannot even offer our views on the moderation that goes on here. But at least we try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mods should just all take a day off and see what happens. I think we'd have some real interesting shit to read and overall laugh at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Of course, this will go nowhere, because the site's Orwellian rules mean we cannot even offer our views on the moderation that goes on here. But at least we try.
    We are supposed to pm mods with that kind of concern. I've seen bans/infractions overturned before, but its pretty rare.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean honestly I'm just frustrated going into what should be like a nice normal fun thread to read and have it turn into "GOD DOES NOT EXIST!" "GUNS ARE BAD!" "REPUBLICANS ARE STUPID"! within two pages. And it goes both ways, not trying to single anyone out. I'm not even a religious person but I get so sick and tired of the constant religion talk and how stupid people are for w/e they believe in.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    As you know, these are not the kind of things that are appropriate to make public threads about. If you feel reports are not getting an appropriate response, then PMing mods with examples is the appropriate route.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |