Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Help my guild on imp...

We cant seem to down him, i personally think its because of the add not dying fast enough..... can someone give us some tips...? 12 wipes in now and im scratching my head at the guild. heres a WoL any input is thanked upon..
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/pmRyWNkXHbw4zhBv/

10+ Year Old Account
    Your DPS is low, that's the reason why you feel that "add is not dieing fast enough".

It is said that all of your DPSers (well actually most) will have to do 19k+ to get a kill, even on normal. But your people are far below that mark. And no, the 19k is is not that much a debatable number, some people can below the mark, cause the tanks and the top DPS will cover for them, but if all are below the mark... You cannot kill it yet. You need more gear, more practice and your people need to do more numbers.

You can take on a healer or 2, which should allow you to go in with lower DPS, but cover for all the stuff living for too long.

- - - Updated - - -

You should really go Heroic, kill Heroic Kargath at least, maybe Twins as well to get more gear. That's what we did. As our DPS sucked, people didn't have gear, we killed some Heroic bosses for couple of weeks on top of all 6/7 on normal and finally got the kill on Imperator with DPS numbers which were not the best.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2015-01-09 at 07:21 AM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Your DPS is low, that's the reason why you feel that "add is not dieing fast enough".

It is said that all of your DPSers (well actually most) will have to do 19k+ to get a kill, even on normal. But your people are far below that mark. And no, the 19k is is not that much a debatable number, some people can below the mark, cause the tanks and the top DPS will cover for them, but if all are below the mark... You cannot kill it yet. You need more gear, more practice and your people need to do more numbers.

You can take on a healer or 2, which should allow you to go in with lower DPS, but cover for all the stuff living for too long.

- - - Updated - - -

You should really go Heroic, kill Heroic Kargath at least, maybe Twins as well to get more gear. That's what we did. As our DPS sucked, people didn't have gear, we killed some Heroic bosses for couple of weeks on top of all 6/7 on normal and finally got the kill on Imperator with DPS numbers which were not the best.
    Thanks for the response, i wanted input from someone not in the guild. im the feral dps, i just downed it again with pugs first attempt...granted i didnt get any loot again.... but i appreciate the input alot!

Agreed with with Sonnillion said Imperator is quite a lot harder than most fights on Heroic are easier than Imperator on normal so going in killing some bosses will boost your confidence and dps overall and it looks like your warlock is stepping in a lot of traps and generally if you hit one trap it puts you quite a bit behind so my advice would be to either have a word with the people hitting traps see what is going on help them out or replace them besides that you can always flood your group with healers as the enrage timer is huge.