Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by masterprtzl View Post
    Serious question for anyone saying 2v2 is "rock paper scissors". Can you point me in the direction of the counter to the restoration druid + hunter 2v2 comp? I dont think it exists.

Anyways, on topic, 2v2 is never EVER going to be balanced. Its a horrible format.
    RDruid/Warlock will beat RDruid/Hunter about 90% of the time if they play it right. Just wait til ~35-40% dampening and then fully DoT both with double Dark Soul and there's basically no way to heal through it.

It's also possible for MW Monk/Combat Rogue to win just by blowing up the Druid in the opener. That usually only works once though when the team isn't expecting it, if you fight the same team repeatedly (which you do at high ratings because hardly anyone queues over 2300 it seems) then you basically should just win one and stop.

Other than that though, yeah RDruid/Hunter is pretty much invincible, it's basically impossible to lose to melee teams as that comp unless the Druid gets globaled.

good luck trying to balance for 2v2.. last time blizzard tried that it was TBC, then after that failed they said balancing for 3v3, after that failure 5v5, then finally BG's.

I think they have given up on balance at this stage.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    good luck trying to balance for 2v2.. last time blizzard tried that it was TBC, then after that failed they said balancing for 3v3, after that failure 5v5, then finally BG's.

I think they have given up on balance at this stage.
    Its less balancing around 3's and more the direction they took pvp that destroyed 2's, even in wolk 3's was the main focus but 2's were really good, lots of comp variation, 2 dps was viable and we didnt need gimmicky stuff like dampening as most games finished in reasonable times.

They they started giving hybrids strong off heals, then every class gets a heal and multiple insta stuns/defensive cds so games just got longer and longer and more unbalanced.
    The best example of this is if you look at 2 dps, back in wolk/tbc one of the best was mage/rogue, if you played healer dps you just had to survive the first 2 mins and you win as they would run out of cds and die, the difficulty was survivng the initial pressure /cds.
    Now against 2 dps its basically like fighting 2 dps than can swap to 1 dps/healer or double healer, ive had games against 2 dps last as long as healer/dps games as they just run around pillar humping with cc while spam healing each other till dampening, my last game against 2 dps they did more healing combined than me as a healer.
    If you need a worse example look at the state of double dk, brewmaster + dps etc.

The way the game is balanced now i dont think we will ever see 2's be viable again, kinda sucks that there is only 1 bracket in one section of pvp that is even slightly balanced anymore.

Wanna balance 2v2:

Relegate it to normal BG status and normal BG rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by makoi6 View Post
    Its less balancing around 3's and more the direction they took pvp that destroyed 2's, even in wolk 3's was the main focus but 2's were really good, lots of comp variation, 2 dps was viable and we didnt need gimmicky stuff like dampening as most games finished in reasonable times.
    Yeah wotlk so balanced man, https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-t...yt-cl=84359240
    It was really good, 2dps definitely viable...kinda suck that we dont have 2v2 like that.
    Last edited by Madus; 2015-01-21 at 12:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    Yeah wotlk so balanced man, https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-t...yt-cl=84359240
    It was really good, 2dps definitely viable...kinda suck that we dont have 2v2 like that.
    I can you show you videos from every season so far that show something dumb and imbalanced, pvp has never been amazing or super balanced and 2's especially but i didnt say they were balanced in wolk, but they were way more enjoyable, fast paced, had a greater variety of classes and from there got even better in cata which was probably the best 2's expansion.

And id prefer fast paced games were mistakes are punished than the borefest have to get 50% dampening for anything to die games you have now, the fact that the best 2 dps team in wod has won by dragging the game to dampening should say a lot.
    Last edited by mmocb7e0cd2af6; 2015-01-21 at 02:46 PM.