Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

holinka leaves retri without pvp bonus set

hi sorry about my english, im from spain, this guy is crazy? that bonus is totally useless after fv , global cooldown you just can hit cs or sentence what is 6% on 7k cs jajaj this guy is a joke , and dk silences, interrupts , stuns damage, hunters the kings of the cc dont move dont play, and priest absorbs are out of control,cc reaplications totally out of controlin general, this donkey nerf palas? so we have only one bonus set nice im mad i going to quit the game

Deleted
    Goodbye, dont let the door hit you on the way out

The set-bonus was nerfed due to PvE. Its still a good dmg-increase; just no longer over mythic-gear-level of dmg-increase

From picture above, I can only guess that Blizzard nerf pvp set because too much ppl qq how ret paladin kill him in arena. If I start to think about they nerf it because it was making more dps then mythic gear, then they failed with the hotfix. Because still this gear is doing almost equal dmg as mythic gear now. So it is still better then Heroic gear... and when BRF come out everyone would go for Tier 17 bonus, not pvp bonus. So all this is wrong, if it was done because of PvE, they just didn't do anything about it. They nerfed bonus only for PvP. I would still use this set for PvE because I miss 2 mythic parts so I can get better dps.

Deleted
    I dont get it..
    Your spredsheat just proves me right....
    Now 4-piece is no longer better than all 685, while nerving it the least for PvP.
    Mission accomplished with the hotfix and PvE-balance restored O.O
    I dont see it as an issue if 4 PvP pieces give equal/worse dps than what you can get right now from PvE.
    As long as its no longer more dps than PvE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acasta View Post
    Goodbye, dont let the door hit you on the way out

The set-bonus was nerfed due to PvE. Its still a good dmg-increase; just no longer over mythic-gear-level of dmg-increase
    man you blind you have only or maybe a 400 points or 600 increase of damage on cs sentence or exorcism because you cant hit 2 fv on that time even on a 20k fv is 1200 damage increase im asking you that is a pvp bonus? is good for you that trash?

Deleted
    The bonus was nerfed due to PvE...
    This surely isnt Brian Holinka's fault I wouldnt be surprised if he even did not get a say in it.
    Not the first time that PvP gets changed due to PvE-balance. So dont be so angry

Deleted
    ok you right , im mad because the game is plenty of bad things and he make this change that leaves retri without pvp 2 bonus set believe me is totally useless i only make pvp i know what i say, so all pj have 2 bonus retri have only one

Quote Originally Posted by Acasta View Post
    I dont get it..
    Your spredsheat just proves me right....
    Now 4-piece is no longer better than all 685, while nerving it the least for PvP.
    Mission accomplished with the hotfix and PvE-balance restored O.O
    I dont see it as an issue if 4 PvP pieces give equal/worse dps than what you can get right now from PvE.
    As long as its no longer more dps than PvE.
    Not mine spredsheat, took it from paladin theorycraft forum. Still I also did my own internal test with simcraft.
    I wanted to say how much this "hotfix" sucks if it was because of Mythic gear, becuase still I can today enter in ashran cap my points get 3 epics 660 ilvl gear and then get 4th 620 ilvl gloves and get the 4th set bonus. With all this I don't need Heroic gear from Highmaul. And after one week I will have 4x peaces of 660 pvp gear. Then when I enter mythic, to be better with dps from PvP Gear I would need to replace those 4 parts with mythic gear. That will happen in 2-3-4 weeks.

What i don't understand is why the PvP Gear is better then Heroic, and still few dps down from Mythic gear ? The hotfix for PvE is not big. It seriously is not a big change in dps. I use still the PvP gear in Mythic raid, while my 2x mythic parts are in my bags. So they didn't hotfix me in PvE, yes I lost arround 500-1k dps depends on boss fight, but if I put those 2x mythic parts on me and replace 2x pvp I will lost 1-2k dps.

They destroy this set bonus for PvP. First with "hotfixing" second bonus now the forth. I will start thinking they "hotfixed" this bonus because of PvP, and ppl that qq because we killed them
    Last edited by Stiven; 2015-01-09 at 11:54 AM.

Yes because all other classes have usefull 4 and 2 set bonus right? Cmon. There are specs where not even 2 set piece is useful if u compare it to the off set pieces u can get from ashram rep..

Deleted
    I read the first two words and already thought "holy shit". Took my brain a couple of seconds to process the sentence.

was nerfed due to pve, but you aren't wrong that its useless in pvp now. You can't get anything off in that time. Even if you wait until you have 5 HP before using TV, you'll only get AT MOST one TV off with the buff up. Very, very mediocre. This is how Blizzard works, they nerf a class over and over until statistics finally show them that they did something horrible (few months down the line).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I read the first two words and already thought "holy shit". Took my brain a couple of seconds to process the sentence.
    maybe your brain is like the pvp bonus set -useless

Infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2015-01-10 at 09:32 AM.

Deleted
    Looks like rets will be dropping their 4set for the versatility wrynn pieces after this nerf. And if ppl want to use the 4set it makes Holy Avenger mandatory as its the only way to keep the buff up 100% now during burst.

Rets sustained damage will also suffer; really shortsighted and unnecessary change, they could have quite easily made the buff only activate in pvp combat, problem solved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    Looks like rets will be dropping their 4set for the versatility wrynn pieces after this nerf. And if ppl want to use the 4set it makes Holy Avenger mandatory as its the only way to keep the buff up 100% now during burst.

Rets sustained damage will also suffer; really shortsighted and unnecessary change, they could have quite easily made the buff only activate in pvp combat, problem solved.
    totally agree , for people that only make pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritvs View Post
    Yes because all other classes have usefull 4 and 2 set bonus right? Cmon. There are specs where not even 2 set piece is useful if u compare it to the off set pieces u can get from ashram rep..
    Feral druids come to mind...2 and 4 piece are pretty bad considering you have to hope not to get juked on the 2 piece and the damage on bleeds is nerfed to the ground that 10% of nothing is still nothing.

Kinda funny cause my ret just hit 100 last night so now I have to look at how I want to build.

This was 100% because of PVE. If yall paladins are bitching about it, I would recommend looking at the paladin forums (There might be some info to help you there in pvp too ya know) and see logs of 4p set bonus versus mythic gear.

What annoys me is the PVE army what viral on tweets / messages ....etc. to nerf this because how dare PVP > PVE gear @ PVE!!! Till Blackrock foundry opens..... It was like didnt yall due this in TBC and wasnt PVE >> PVP in WPVP all last xpac?

It would have been good for 6 more weeks but they quickly dropped the hammer. So now I am wondering to Ret PVP'ers, do we say fuck 4p and get versatilty on these terribly itemized pieces like Hands / Helm / Legs and keep the shoulders and chest for 2 piece?

Also, the 4 piece set bonus is 2% per holy power for 4 seconds. During wings / Avenger I am unconcerned about buff, but out of this I think versatility > Set bonus. Can the PVE's run some logs for me :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritvs View Post
    Holy's 4 piece is laughable
    Last edited by morislayer; 2015-01-09 at 01:34 PM.

How do you like your PvP getting nerfed because of PvE now???????

It's what us PvErs have been dealing with since the introduction of arena.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphie View Post
    How do you like your PvP getting nerfed because of PvE now???????
    The issue is that it was nerfed for PvE, but it's not actually that much of a PvE nerf for the DP/FV build because you have a 3 HoPow ability up most of the time and will still be able to maintain the buff for the majority of most fights. All this has done is make it a (practically) useless set bonus in PvP.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

I got one thing to say to any other class complaining about their PvP set bonus.

Look at the Windwalker 2pc and 4pc set bonus. It's absolutely useless, the 2pc is far better for PvE than PvP.