Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[SP Question] - To clip or not to clip (Insanity), That is the question!

Afternoon all you lovely people.....

I have only started playing spriest since my return to WoW 2 weeks in to WoD.

I am happy with my ST rotation but feel my 3+ target rotation needs work, I feel happy that I can research/ improve this over time but if you have any advice it would be appreciated.

Last nights HC logs:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/tv7ewslet1yd64z1/
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/DQLr1yFWkzYpmwcJ

Anyways, my main question today is....

How do you deal with your double insanity & Mind blast.

Do you cast insanity twice (completely) and then cast Mind Blast

or

Do you cast insanity and then the second Mind Blast is off CD cast that and interrupt Insanity?

I have tried both and, for ease casting 2 complete insanity's seems easier but maybe not as strong.

Thoughts please.

Have a nice day

[I am Chántal by the way]
    Last edited by mmoc93b8ee4f41; 2015-01-09 at 01:00 PM.

Always cast mind blast when its off CD, that means you clip insanity for it.

MB does more damage than the insanity ticks you lose and it generates an orb so its top prio - always.

more MB = More DP = More insanity Always clip for MB

The rotation, assuming you got Clarity of Power, should be MB when off cd, then spam mind spike until you got 4 (FOUR) orbs, than dot weave with VT>SW:P>Devouring Plague another MB and 2 insanity so you will end the 2 Insa channeling with 3 orbs, recast devouring plague (your VT and SW:P will still be up) and another 2 insa channel, rinse and repeat. Best single target rotation so far. Also i noticed from your armory you got the Mind Harvesting Glyph, REMOVE IT NOW! IT'S CANCER for your rotation, use glyph of reflective shield instead.

Deleted
    I know the rotation, it was clearly a question of if you clip the insanity channel or not.
    As for the glyph I am not to sure what your looking at as I don't have a "mind harvesting glyph and I do use glyph of reflective shield.

Thank you all for your comments.

Always clip insanity in favor of mind blast, although with the right dotweaving rotation, you would only need to clip your first insanity channel. Otherwise it might be a latency issue.

It's not really possible to clip insanity now, as it's 4 ticks in 2 GCD, as opposed to the 3 it traditionally was.

If you spam your MB button, it should always cast instantly after your MFI does it's 2nd/4th tick.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

maybe it's just me but i tried both ways on a target dummy and i got more dps letting insanity go it's full duration versus casting mb on cooldown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Claborn View Post
    maybe it's just me but i tried both ways on a target dummy and i got more dps letting insanity go it's full duration versus casting mb on cooldown.
    You must have done something horribly wrong then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazu View Post
    You must have done something horribly wrong then.
    maybe I didnt press my mb key hard enough, or maybe I should wet my finger first to make it aerodynamic

maybe I didnt press my mb key hard enough, or maybe I should wet my finger first to make it aerodynamic
    Just stop sucking and you'll be fine. Instead of making statements like "Maybe its just me but I find holding off on my highest damage spell that also generates resources to channel works great!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vykos00 View Post
    The rotation, assuming you got Clarity of Power, should be MB when off cd, then spam mind spike until you got 4 (FOUR) orbs, than dot weave with VT>SW:P>Devouring Plague another MB and 2 insanity so you will end the 2 Insa channeling with 3 orbs, recast devouring plague (your VT and SW:P will still be up) and another 2 insa channel, rinse and repeat. Best single target rotation so far. Also i noticed from your armory you got the Mind Harvesting Glyph, REMOVE IT NOW! IT'S CANCER for your rotation, use glyph of reflective shield instead.
    I thought it was SW:P>MB>VT>DP>etc.

Anyone wanna clarify?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I thought it was SW:P>MB>VT>DP>etc.

Anyone wanna clarify?
    Well that's the newer dotweaving rotation which I'd assume is the highest DPS parsing one but the DPS gain is very marginal but its no more difficult than the other rotation if you put 10 minutes into learning it.

More MB is my take. MB takes priority over anything else but dying.

I wouldn't cast DP on two targets cuz then my insanity buff will overlap (it doesn't stack). And insanity ticks higher than DP. And only way DP will do more dmg than Insanity is when there a lot of movement; have to move when insanity buff is up.
    Last edited by qjiggy; 2015-01-11 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Just stop sucking and you'll be fine. Instead of making statements like "Maybe its just me but I find holding off on my highest damage spell that also generates resources to channel works great!"
    haha you guys are funny, this forum is complete aids.

all i stated is what makes me do more damage than other spriests when i raid, i would actually like to know why.
    Last edited by Claborn; 2015-01-11 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qjiggy View Post
    MB takes priority over anything else but dying.
    "MB or jump into the fire?" That's why I keep dying, but my raid leader just doesn't get my priorities.

Seriously now, there's a whole thread on dotweaving by Ariadne, just hit that search button.

haha you guys are funny, this forum is complete aids.

all i stated is what makes me do more damage than other spriests when i raid, i would actually like to know why.
    Don't call the forum aids when you come with a tosser post and you get one in reply. MB > all, its that simple. If you do more damage than other priests when you raid its because they are doing things even worse than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Don't call the forum aids when you come with a tosser post and you get one in reply. MB > all, its that simple. If you do more damage than other priests when you raid its because they are doing things even worse than you.
    Are you just regurgitating some guide website? clearly the OP is wondering as well as I because theres been no solid conclusion. My next post will have my numbers to show what I'm seeing... do you have comparison numbers?

Are you just regurgitating some guide website? clearly the OP is wondering as well as I because theres been no solid conclusion. My next post will have my numbers to show what I'm seeing... do you have comparison numbers?
    I've spent a good chunk of time on dummies to compare. Also, earlier in the tier my dps was lower than SP's of the same ilevel so I started clipping dot's and doing the rotation suggested here. It worked for me. If you look at logs the people that don't clip have intervals greater than 6 seconds between their MB. Ones that do clip have a smaller interval when you take (total fight time divided by MB casts). This gives them more MB's and therefore more DP's over a fight.

We're comparing insanity ticks on your method to lost MB casts and the associated extra DP's too by the accepted method.

Where are you guys clipping insanity? Based on the Dotweaving rotation it seems pretty seamless where I dont have to clip because I get my full insanity off then MB comes off CD.