Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Because theres much to love! WoD is by far Blizzard's greatest expansion since TBC. Is there anyone not absolutely loving this expansion??? I really do fail to see how anyone could not like the quality product that Blizz delivered in this expansion.
    Levelling was the best ever, but it was over in a week. Garrisons were fun for a few more weeks, but now they are soul crushing. I think this is the worst expansion so far, and I'm close to giving up on the game.

1) Gearing is fun again
    Waiting for RNG on one item per slot from a raid is fun?

2) Leveling is fun again
    Agreed, although tbh leveling in WoW expansions is usually good.

3) Raids are fun again
    Highmaul is ok mechanically, but conceptually, I find it uninspired. Ogres don't do it for me.

4) Dungeons are amazing (although the game could use more of them)
    There are dungeons in the game? Oh, I vaguely remember them - the first heroic I tanked, where I was called "such a weak tank" after ccing a mob.

5) Ground combat reinvented
    How so?

6) Asharan is amazing and fun
    Ashran is a lie, there is no Ashran. Actually, Ashran was awesome the first hour I went in. Then weird stuff started happening, like side quests being a one time thing, my CPs for quests being taken away, merging with horde dominated servers that left us camped for a week and finally the queues becoming so long, it wasn't worth bothering entering them. Finally getting in, you realise how pointless the central scrum is for melee. But that's ok, because it seems pretty pointless for everyone.

6) Mounts are fun again
    My horse is tired. My flying mounts are feeling neglected.

7) the world is beautiful
    It's fine, yes, but my garrison is dull and I never leave it except to enter an instance.

8) Lore Lore Lore! Its amazing. Love the Legion themes
    The lore is abominable. The parallel universe idea is so laughable, people thought it a spoof when it was leaked. Orcs are almost as bad as ogres in the "not doing it for me" stakes. And the idea of dramatically being introduced to all these warlords only to see them fall in the first or second encounter afterwards is comically bad. It almost makes Deathwing seem a good antagonist.

Anyone not loving the crap out of this expansion??? And be honest.
    While leveling, I'd give it a 9/10. Now it's a 3 or 4. Tbh, I think I prefer Cataclysm. And I really didn't like Cataclysm.
    Last edited by mmoced226c0d6b; 2015-01-27 at 01:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoreyai View Post
    Whens' the last time you looked at what they added? Also so what if it's not there any more? Creating a dynamic world is something Wow needs to do. AQ Gate event just done better like GW2 does. Also, the amount of updates they shoot out makes you continue playing the game. Instead of FOURHUNDRED DAYS OF SIEGE OF ORGRIMMAR
    Dynamic world sounds nice on paper but you simply can't do it in MMO without people lashing on you about how they feel alienated simply because they don't feel the obligation to play it 24/7 at the exact two weeks when the content is active. It was dumb and needlessly punishing concept and I'm glad it was scrapped in favor of permanent content. About "the amount of content that makes you continue playing" - story part of LS is doable within one hour. Achievements within the story take couple of hours more. Rest is "here you have a zone, now you are supposed to farm for some skins you won't ever use because they are so ugly, but hey! If you want nice skins, you can always buy them off the Gem Store! You want a legendary? Good luck with grinding, our great RNG system will make it as painful as possible for you....but you can buy it for real money!"
    Last edited by mmocde15d96b6b; 2015-01-27 at 01:18 AM.

Worse than Cataclysm.

Deleted
    Leveling? Was awesome.. Especially waking up at 23 and stopping the next day at 14:00 after hit lvl 100.

But right now above 665+?... Besides Garrison handling and farming for it? Not much to do.

I'm not into alts anymore... But let's see what 6.2 brings in to get us busy

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is very meh. They charged us more money for half an expansion. So far we have half a raid, with two real raids planned. Remember TBC and wotlk? When there were a ton of quality raids? PvP is terribly unbalanced as usual, and Ashran is a complete failure.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    It is very meh. They charged us more money for half an expansion. So far we have half a raid, with two real raids planned. Remember TBC and wotlk? When there were a ton of quality raids? PvP is terribly unbalanced as usual, and Ashran is a complete failure.
    Ashran is probably the single largest failure of the xpac I would say. It would have been better to just copy paste alterac valley onto it, make it last hours like it did in its early days, and make it so you can actually win. Wintergrasp and tol barad were much better than this.

There is no point to 'winning' certain stages of the battle, you don't get anything. It's all about either zerging to the other side of the map to kill the rare spawn dude for conquest/box or zerging the events for conquest (which one faction usually has the monopoly on, meaning if you aren't in that faction you are out of luck for the weekly 200 ashran conquest). I don't think that blizzard realizes how vital actually winning/losing is to PvP. It isn't interesting. It's just back and forth, and the NPCs just evade bug full heal all the way to the other side of the map usually, with actual player vs player combat consisting solely of either 30 people nuking a single death gripped person or running forward, throwing down an AoE and then running back.

I don't find it fun at all and forcing you to play it for the extra 200 conquest is a slap in the face.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by baddog66 View Post
    The stat changes were a waste of resources to be honest. Money would have been better spent making more dungeons or Bg's instead off adding unasked for changes like versatility??? wtf and rng sockets, rng warfarging, gated profession mats,... etc etc I say this with sadness for a game I liked so much but these changes have really turned me off worse than kung fu pandas ever could. I do lobe have real villainous baddies now in teh story though.
    Versatility certainly ranks high among the stupidest things of this expansion.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I usually take a break several months in to an expansion once that in between content gap occurs and the game becomes stagnant but that's not the case for Warlords. There's something about it which just feels off and it's hard for me to explain. I don't know if it's a lack of content I enjoy doing, a story I'm not interested in, the unnecessary amount of changes for the sake of change, or uninspiring locations...something just didn't rub me the right way because I didn't take my Pandaria break until we had ToeS on farm and that's easily the worst expansion of them all in my eyes.

It could have had something more to do with our guild feeling fragmented though due to the amount of time we took off and were apart thanks for Siege lasting as long as it did after we got our then normal mode kill. Once we settled in to raiding in Warlords, it was more like raiding with strangers than it did a group who have been together for as long as we have. So, maybe that along with the other personal issues mentioned above took the wind out of my sails and I likely won't be coming back any time soon.

I know someone will take this personally when I say I ran out of things that I like to do and therein lies the problem. There's a lot of base content in the game but I hate pet battles and PVP turns me in to an asshole. The heroic 5s are already a joke, I got all my followers epic and capped, LFR is awful, the challenge mode weapons that I can use are ugly, I got Invincible, I built Shadowmourne and Val'anyr, and I am simply too tired to continue farming for Mimiron's Head.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2015-01-27 at 03:14 AM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Haven't left my garrison in over a month.

10/10 would unsub again.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm not loving this expansion. The entire post-leveling games is one of routine. While this has always been the way of Warcraft, content like Operation: Shieldwall or Isle of Quel'danas disguised this routine through great characters, storytelling and meaningful rewards. Outside of raiding, the post-leveling experience in this expansion hasn't really delivered in those areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranaka View Post
    Yeah, I'm not loving this expansion. The entire post-leveling games is one of routine. While this has always been the way of Warcraft, content like Operation: Shieldwall or Isle of Quel'danas disguised this routine through great characters, storytelling and meaningful rewards. Outside of raiding, the post-leveling experience in this expansion hasn't really delivered in those areas.
    Basically this. Post-leveling game is basically just more quests like that of which you would do while leveling. Go here, kill X, collect X, etc.. Garrison 'progression' doesn't feel like real progression. What are we progressing towards anyway? Why again did we even come to Draenor? To kill the orcs? So much for that, Kargath is the first boss of the entire xpac and we just let him run away. The enemies are much weaker than that of past enemies (I mean, the Alliance already killed all these guys prior to the existence of world of warcraft!). I don't see what is taking us so long, and I don't see what it is we are 'progressing' towards.

It's like "We are taking firmer hold of the new land, deploying forces to take on the orcs!" but I don't see any of that. All these garrison campaigns and all I get is some mailbox gold and a mole machine. The purpose of coming to draenor, the plot of this xpac, it just feels so impotent.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Personally not enjoying the expansion, but that's due to my own situation and most of them I can't blame Blizzard for.

Quit Mythic raiding. Raiding becomes boring when your rotation is completely mindless and boss fights don't have much personal responsibility. Just didn't get enjoyment from any of the fights, and this tier more than ever it felt controlled by how many alts/split runs you could do. While previously this was a part of it all, this tier it feels especially noticeable.

Was looking forward to the number squish also bringing back some competitiveness/closeness in rankings for each class (or at least hoping), but that hasn't happened. If anything the gap has only grown between top parses, a lot of it being heavily controlled by RNG in Execute phases. At least back in ... ~WoTLK? and almost throughout Cata there was closeness in all the top rankings. But now it's fairly common to see outliers of 10-20% due to how much RNG can affect some people.

This also doesn't allow much disparity between skilled players and lesser-so. You can still optimize enough to beat people with better gear than you.. but there's only so far it gets you now. It's mostly about hoping for the right-timed Crits and you're set. Good play isn't really rewarded, and bad play isn't punished all that much when it has become so easy.

So from a competitive nature, both raiding and individual rankings have lost their competitive drive for me and become more meaningless.

Outside of that, have played the game less than I ever have before. I'll log in every few hours for 1min to send followers on missions, log in once a day to do the work orders/mine/herbs etc.. and then log out. There's plenty of stuff to do in the game but no drive/motivation/reason (?) to really push for it. So for me, having cleared all raiding content early (except for 1 Mythic boss due to above reasons), just doesn't feel like there's anything to fill the gap.. despite well knowing there's plenty to do.

So yeah, not loving it at all. Doesn't feel the same nor as enjoyable as it previously did. No good reason for it or fault of Blizzard either, personal state of mind on it really.

I'm still having fun, but I take the game for what it is: A complete and utter waste of time.

My guild has great participation. We have fun in raids. We have fun leveling alts. We have fun in pvp. We have fun in 5 mans.

I've heard solitaire is a great game, maybe some of you 'bored' people should give it a shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnyderp View Post
    see you next month, buddy
    these threads are basically populated by the same old bunch of sadomasochistic guys playing the game they hate just for the privilege of bitching about how much they hate it and how they hate everything BECAUSE IT DOESN'T CATER TO MY NEEEEEEEDS. Seriously, if you hate WoW so much (and many of you claim that WoW sucks hard since -insert random expansion), it's time to let go. Stop renewing subscriptions. Stop buying expansions. This weird obsession you have with WoW bashing and Blizzard hating is borderline autism. There's plenty of MMOs and other games to play. You just need to calm down, and let it all go.
    >inb4 Blizzdrone
    for the record, I haven't played Cata and MoP
    People come here to see if the game is worth playing again. Like I said before, I'm not subbed and have no intention of resubbing if they keep pushing garbage like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    The purpose of coming to draenor, the plot of this xpac, it just feels so impotent.
    I hadn’t really considered that, but it’s a great point. The whole “grab a foothold in Draenor and take on the Iron Horde” just hasn’t materialized. Ner’zhul, Kargath and Blackhand are going to be wiped out in the first tier, we’ve heard nothing of Kilrogg, and we’ll presumably deal with Grommash and Gul’dan in the final tier (which now looks like the second tier of two). In another bout of terrible story telling involving Green Jesus, Thrall got rid of Garrosh in a sixty-second fight that, it turns out, he couldn’t lose.

There’s none of the “savagery” or threat that was discussed. There’s no real connection to the characters, not even Durotan, and Yrel’s story was much too truncated for anyone to really care. The garrison campaign is just a series of daily apexis quest runs, and I’ve not been prompted into a single garrison invasion as of yet. Add all this into the fact that Ner’zhul died in a dungeon, Kargath was the first boss of the introductory raid and even Gul’dan couldn’t get a Fel Flame past Cho’gall giving it “LOLZ DEMON BUBBLE”.

Impotent.

Good word, sir.

Perhaps the Iron Horde should have been called something else.

I dunno, the Chocolate Fireguard Horde perhaps.

Deleted
    We'll probably kill Killrogg in a random quest chain to open a Daily Hub, don't worry after what we saw what they did with Ner'zhul and Kargath I dont honestly expect anything special being done to our dearest friend Killrogg

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD is the worst expansion yet, the only impressive thing about it is the technical aspects (new graphics options, new models, new container file system etc...) and the environments. The art and engine teams really pulled out all the stops. Sadly, they're being let down by the terrible class/systems designers.
    Last edited by Desh; 2015-01-27 at 12:22 PM.

WoD is by far the best expannsion since WotlK imo. I just unsubbed recently, it dosent mean its not good, it just mean that i am not the audition anymore. And im pretty sure, other than me have it that way

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    We'll probably kill Killrogg in a random quest chain to open a Daily Hub, don't worry after what we saw what they did with Ner'zhul and Kargath I dont honestly expect anything special being done to our dearest friend Killrogg
    Yeah, I have the same feeling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    WoD is by far the best expannsion since WotlK imo. I just unsubbed recently, it dosent mean its not good, it just mean that i am not the audition anymore. And im pretty sure, other than me have it that way
    "It's the best expansion! I don't play anymore, but that's because the game is so different from what I would deem worthy of paying money for and playing, but it's the best, I swear."

Well no flight and Grinding out Garrison stuff made my unsub. And now they add twitter and Selfie cameras...really ?
    I'll unsub (maybe) whey they reimplement flight.
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.