Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    It boggles my mind when I see women with entire closets filled with completely useless shoes. I'm also going to take this opportunity to say that, imho, high heels are one of the dumbest inventions made by humans, shoes were invented to make walking EASIER, not harder, which is what heels do. Yes, they can, under the right circumstances, add a measure of sexiness, but i've also seen women fall off particularly high heels and snap an ankle, or end up having pretty bad back problems if they wear them too often.
    It's pretty harsh calling them useless. In part it's going to be because you can't possibly have one pair of shoes that matches all outfits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    don't take this the wrong way, but i never took you for the type to have 10 pairs of posh strappy heels.
    Honestly I rarely wear them. But like, I'm going to a posh meal on saturday so it will be a nice opportunity to dust them off and wear them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Seriously, only 3 and 4 from the majority of you guys.
    I moved recently, so that milled a few pairs. I had some wallabees and creme lugz that didn't make the cut, and another pair of floppers.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Work Shoes
    Sneakers
    Flip Flops
    Dress Shoes
    Bedroom Slippers

So 5 pair

4 pairs flip-flops (people like giving me these as gifts for some reason)
    1 heavy duty hiking
    1 light hiking
    1 safety work boots
    1 crappy outside work shoes
    1 indoor only workout shoes
    1 dress
    1 casual
    5-6 generic sneaker types (most old and don't wear anymore)

Let's see... my black leather dress shoes, my reddish/brown leather dress shoes, two pairs of tennis shoes (one gray, one light brown) and then some brown leather nicer-looking everyday shoes. So that's 5? 6 if you count my flip-flops. 7 if you count my snow boots...
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    I have my normal shoes, backup normal shoes, workout shoes, dress shoes, winter boots. 5 for me, 6 if you count flip flops.

I think I have like 12 or 13 that I were with some regularity throughout the year. 4 pairs of sneakers, 4 pairs of dress shoes, 2 pairs of casual shoes, 3 pairs of boots.

My wife probably has 100, not joking, her closet is larger than my childhood bedroom and stocked from floor to ceiling with clothes, shoes, purses, etc...
    I used to have a lot more when I was younger. I just didn't wear them and they were taking up space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

I really like good quality shoes, so I have something like 15 pairs of dress shoes of various origins, but all of them made in Europe (mostly England - Church's and Crockett & Jones FTW - and Spain), and I'm thinking of acquiring a pair of Alden shoes but that'd be a bit unreasonable.

That's only the dress shoes, I ofc have shoes for sports, etc.
    Last edited by Edorien; 2015-01-09 at 05:39 PM.

Flip flops, sneakers, 2 pairs of dress shoes I might put on once every 2 or 3 years. If I can find them.

And a pair of sneakers that were the wrong size and I never got around to returning.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siri View Post
    It's pretty harsh calling them useless. In part it's going to be because you can't possibly have one pair of shoes that matches all outfits.
    I'll bring it back a peg and call them "functionally useless". When I think of shoes, I think efficiency, not fashion accessory. And in all honesty, i've maybe worn my dress shoes less than a half-dozen times TOTAL, most of which were funerals, and I despise wearing them because they're uncomfortable as f**k.
    Last edited by Zethras; 2015-01-09 at 05:39 PM.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    I'll bring it back a peg and call them "functionally useless". When I think of shoes, I think efficiency, not fashion accessory.
    Walking is easy enough that it's okay to sacrifice some function for fashion.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 Pairs of Globe Fusions (about the only shoe i wear all the time)
    1 Light running shoe
    1 Flip flops

I need a pair of dress shoes and a pair of winter boots though
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...kywall/rotomon
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and people's stupidity - though I am not entirely sure about the universe". -Albert Einstein

Tooooo much. Snowboard boots, Snowmobiling Boots, Motorcycle boots, work boots, couple pairs of sandals, couple pairs of runners, couple pairs of dress shoes... hmm, oh, hiking boots, skate shoes for regular comfyness. probably more. Im not sure

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm quite practical when it comes to things like shoes, my decisions are based upon functionality rather than fashion. I have no reason to have more than 1 pair of boots for example before they start to break, which usually takes a few years.

The ones that I do have didn't come out of the budget section.

Two pair which makes 4 shoes total.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Walking is easy enough that it's okay to sacrifice some function for fashion.
    That's the part i'll never get. Maybe it's my inner borg, but I like everything I do to be as efficient and functional as possible.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

I'm a woman and I have 2 pairs of shoes. 1 everyday pair, 1 for when I run/work out. Never had more than 2 pairs at one time, whenever I want to dress up I just borrow from my sisters/mom since we all have the same size. My sisters have TONS of shoes, everything from flip flops to sexy leather high heel boots. I tried walking in those once...never again, I value my ankles.

Summer trail shoes
    Waterproof trail shoes
    Smart shoes for work
    Badminton trainers
    Mountain-biking shoes (got cleats in the soles)

.. and my previous badminton trainers which are old and beat to hell, but really comfy!

So .. 6 pairs.

I maintain 3-5 regular shoes with different style, 3-4 for sports. I have total of 8 atm.