Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    3 for when it's really shitty (snow), 4 if not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Winter shoes, summer shoes, running shoes, snow/very low temperature boots, hiking boots, formal shoes... I think that's it.

Only 1 for each function, but I have no idea how I'd managed with less than those 6 in total.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Walking is easy enough that it's okay to sacrifice some function for fashion.
    That really depends how much you walk Converse are perfect because they're surprisingly sturdy, but almost all other shoes for "fashion" I've owned are worn out within 3 months.
    Last edited by Revi; 2015-01-09 at 05:46 PM.

Two. Some cheapo but well made super light black shoes for most uses, and some nice, heavy as fuck Marten-ish shoes/boots for... almost never. They have an awesome sole though. Adds another inch and a half or so to my already tall ass. Manlets beware. I even played fast ass punk rock drums in those anvils. It's all in the ankle pivot, baby.

I've got 2 pairs of sneakers, 2 pair of shoes I work out in (one being Oly shoes), 3 or 4 pair for work (dress shoes of various colors) and probably a good 8 pairs of casual shoes.

I have feet like Wreck-It Ralph, so Converse (canvas shoes in general) are goddamn horrible to wear.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Walking is easy enough that it's okay to sacrifice some function for fashion.
    How tall are you? For someone taller, the infrequency would probably be far more challenging (center of gravity). Unless, naturally graceful.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Three.

One for everyday wear, one for gym / messy stuff and one for smart situations.

1 - usually steel toed shoes that i can wear for work and generally. Sometimes stretching to 2 pairs if the steel toes I can find to fit aren't suitable for the office. I love caterpillar brand boots; they last an eternity.

15+.. no idea tbh... using maybe 3-4 at a time (depending on season)...

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    2, but actually 3.

Normal, "I do everything in these shoes" sneakers. A nice set of dress shoes. The "technical" 3rd pair is a raggedy old pair I put on if I know I'm going to get them filthy. Things like oil changes or if I have to go through mud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I have feet like Wreck-It Ralph, so Converse (canvas shoes in general) are goddamn horrible to wear.
    I feel you. I'm a size 11 or 11.5 EEEE. I don't know what that equates to in other countries, but it's a pain to find

My wife is a fashion blogger of some repute and she get tons of stuff for free from companies that just want her to wear it or post it on her blog. Anyway, this is the floor by our front door by Friday/Saturday on a typical week. She just lets packages build up throughout the week and goes through them over the weekend. 12 separate packages, I'm on a first name basis with the UPS and FedEx guys.

Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2015-01-09 at 06:05 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Let's see...

2 pairs of converse
    1 pair of puss-in-boots boots
    5 pairs of ankle boots
    4 or 5 pairs of wedges
    3 pairs of flats
    maybe 7-10 pairs of posh strappy heels

So probably 20-30 pairs total.
    So about
    You don't come across as a girly girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I feel you. I'm a size 11 or 11.5 EEEE. I don't know what that equates to in other countries, but it's a pain to find
    Pretty much, I need a wide sole or my arches just get fucking dickered after any kind of standing, walking or whatever.

Which is fucking annoying trying to find too...walk into a store...looking for a 13 W in anything that looks decent...end up with like 3 options if you're lucky.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Pretty much, I need a wide sole or my arches just get fucking dickered after any kind of standing, walking or whatever.

Which is fucking annoying trying to find too...walk into a store...looking for a 13 W in anything that looks decent...end up with like 3 options if you're lucky.
    I don't buy shoes from stores anymore, it's pretty much strictly on-line. I buy a couple pairs in the size range I am, keep the one that fit the best and send back the ones that don't. Yay, for free returns.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    4 I think, omg so many

There's 2 pair that I almost never use tough
    Last year I had this old pair of shoes that I wore until they where basicly sandals instead of shoes.

I have a single pair of sneakers

15+ Year Old Account
    I have like 6 or 7 pairs of shoes but only wear one of 3 on a regular basis.

The 3 are a black pair of sketcher slip-ons, a brown pair of sketcher slip-ons and some Keen hiking boots I wear when I know I will be in the shop fabricating or out doing installs on a nasty day.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

10+ Year Old Account
    4 - sandals, running shoes, boots, dress shoes

Winter boots that I rarely use.

A pair of Sandals if I can still find them, also very old.

Running shoes.

Ancient old indoor shoes.

Some lacoste nicer looking shoes, but to small and I flat flat shoes. Used them around...never.

My every day. And still my old ragged old every day that Im gonna throw out.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

sneakers
    work sneakers
    black dress shoes
    brown dress shoes
    boat shoes that were a gift a while back that I've yet to wear
    sandals
    slippers
    snow boots
    hiking boots that are currently MIA

So I guess 9