Let's Make a Deck, Non Druid Mill Deck.

So mill decks have started popping and I was wondering what would your non druid variant be? Furthermore i am surprised mill decks aren't running lorewalker cho at all and giving your opponent worthless spell cards to fill their hand.

Deleted
    Rogues would probably be the alternative because of Vanish and Sap. As for Cho, well if the cards you're giving your opponent are bad your deck is bad.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Druid Control/Mill is the most frustrating thing I've ever gone up against. One druid managed to essentially do 21 damage in one turn when I had 18 HP and a nearly full board ready to smash his face in. How? He played his last card, the Murloc that makes you draw two cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Rogues would probably be the alternative because of Vanish and Sap. As for Cho, well if the cards you're giving your opponent are bad your deck is bad.
    well if you give them a sap when all you lay out are healbots and draw murlocs they are doing you a favor yes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    well if you give them a sap when all you lay out are healbots and draw murlocs they are doing you a favor yes?
    True, but your deck will also require some generally good cards like backstab and eviscerate. If Cho is good for anything in mill it's for making your opponent hang onto their own spells.

A fatigue mage is already existing. While not quite like mill druid (because you burn their cards less often) it's still a survive-and-kill-them-with-fatigue deck so I thought I'd mention it. Otherwise rogue is the class to go for, but they lack the heals and removals to sustain late game efficiently.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue is my go-to after Druid, but as mentioned, Rogue lacks the healing capabilities of Druid and in my opinion it also lacks big scary drops that can help seal the deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    That's how it starts. Next thing you know it's 3am and people are still being wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    The fact that he's chirping means he's a male, and he's chirping because he wants sexy times, which he's obviously not going to get.

Mage would work also, with duplicate+murloc/heals, and other gimmicky stuff, plus they have a lot of burn/clear spells to make sure even if you get board control they should be able to wipe. I would play it like freeze mage, just with an accelerated pace towards fatiguing.

Deleted
    I'm not gonna be original: Rogue.

And I must say that I enjoy facing mill decks. I've never lost against them. Give me more free wins!

Erm, you could now add Gallywix to the rogue deck, so that when you cast a spell, they get a coin, which fills their hand, meaning they get milled faster, As for healing, you have 2x earthen rings, 2x antique healbots, you can also use youthful brewmasters, to increase this.

Druid mill is so much better with ToL though

I've been running mill rogue for a very very long time. Shadow stepped oracles are nice for filling hands, kidnapper actually isn't too bad in the deck. Cho is freakin awesome, mainly used in conjunction with vanish or sap in order to overfill then destroy minions. You can't play rogue mill the same as Druid mill, you get kills through small amounts of steady damage or through forcing fatigue. Your goal also isn't to simply burn cards with overdraw but to also use sap/vanish/kidnapper as removal. Earthen ring farseers are good for heals, get a lot of value out of bouncing them.

Rogue works really, really well. Shadow Step is really strong + vanish. Nothing quite like seeing a board of 3-4 creatures, they have a full hand and you pop vanish just to kill all their creatures.