Deleted

Dotweave: Best starting rotation when at five orbs.

On a Patchwerk type fight going in with five orbs. What would be the optimal rotation to start off with?

I assume it's something like: DP, MB, Insanity, DP, MB, Insanity in to Dotweave?
    Last edited by mmoc0ad0497bcb; 2015-01-09 at 09:04 PM.

Deleted
    DP MB insanity MB -> start normal rotation -> dotweave

Deleted
    So you guys are precasting MSp or what? The opener I am using is: Precast Halo+VT>SWP>weave. By doing this I am using Shadowfiend as the filler mid weave, and halo is up again as filler for second weave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryzrazor View Post
    So you guys are precasting MSp or what? The opener I am using is: Precast Halo+VT>SWP>weave. By doing this I am using Shadowfiend as the filler mid weave, and halo is up again as filler for second weave.
    I'm doing Precast Halo -> SW: P -> MB -> VT -> Fiend -> DP -> Weave ahoy. I feel like that works out pretty well. Frankly, I really don't see much of a dps increase from starting with 5 orbs contrary to starting without them, so my start rotation might be horrible when I have orbs.

Deleted
    Heavily depends if the pull includes bloodlust. Then the 5 orb opener is much stronger.

Some people don't even worry about weaving with lust at the start of a fight.

I think that the DP MB insanity MB -> start normal rotation -> dotweave

is best. And then you can save halo/fiend for fillers at the end of your first dotweave, since with lust you end up clipping your dots if you have to go back to mind spike.

Deleted
    If it so happens that i have 5 orbs for any pull i usually dont dotweave right away simply for the sake of using as many mindblasts as possible. I also find dotweaving with lust suboptimal , especially if you run with a lot of mastery and mastery enchant on weapon ( which is going to be up at the opener). I feel that with decent haste levels two fillers are not enough to keep you from clipping your dots with a mindspike. I usually have to use a PW:S as 3rd filler when weaving with lust and most of the time i do less damage compared to just leaving dots out of my lust phase.

Deleted
    I just did some test. The obviously superior rotation is the most obvious one.

DP, MB, Insanity, MB, SWP, VE, DP, MB, Insanity, MB in to Dot Weave. Insane amount of damage.