Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    Chinese junk are everywhere. Most often because it have a sane pricetag. A 10$ clock will easily last a lifetime. The category of merchandise is next to and into jewelry. Antiques not included. Calvaneo make great watches.

My computer is a work of art.
    No, a $10 watch won't last you a lifetime. Calvaneo is in fact a mushroom brand, factory made, with cheap Chinese movement (also found in Rolex knock offs) with a power reserve (if it even has one) that won't last a day.

For God's sake, it isn't even Swiss made!

It's okay if you like the watch, just know it's not worth more than €25.

Anyway, when you start comparing art to a computer, it's clear the conversation has come to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by Siri View Post
    I really don't like the feel of a watch strapped around my wrist, don't think I've worn a watch since I was... maybe 8.
    Back then I relied on other people for the time and later I just used my phone for it.
    You get used to it. I don't like the feel of not having a watch around my wrist. I feel, incomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by Exmind View Post
    Poljot Blue Angel
    Calvin Klein City
    Thomas Sabo Rebel at Heart
    Omega Seamaster Planet ocean
    That poljot looks like a Breitling knock off The Omega Seamaster is nice though. I had the Seamaster Chrono myself.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2015-01-11 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post

Anyway, when you start comparing art to a computer, it's clear the conversation has come to an end.
    I agree 100% that a watch can be a piece of art. I wouldn't write off a PC as not being a work of art if you haven't seen it. I have seen some really custom projects.
    For instance this PC is a work of art in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Why is that? I don't care about watches, to me, they're just a tool for telling time that I don't have any interest in. If they're art to you though, that's fine though, and you're not wrong about it. But if you're gonna say they serve a purpose as art as well as telling time, why cant a PC be the same thing? To me, knives and swords are art....to other people, they're simply tools or weapons. Some people consider shoes art, some people consider cars art...who are you to decide that YOUR hobby is art, but his is not?

have a Omega Speedmaster Daydate at the moment I Sold My Rolex Vintage Watch last month after owning it for 21 years.I am looking for a replacement at the moment but I will only buy pre-owned as it means you make money quicker as the previous owner takes the hit if they bought the watch from brand new. I think watches are as addictive as Silver.