Deleted

Normal dungeons and gear,

Hello, When you ding level 100 and are getting geared to join heroics you usally end up having to farm rares (a lot easier if you are plate so you can just store the gear in bag, but much harder for a cloth geared person), or you spam normal runs with a queue for 25 min and end up with that 1 item you never need, or the BG farm. I was wondering if you people would like normal dungeons to have 100% drop rate on all loot so you can quicker get into heriocs, it would be a quick way to get the gear you need. And this will only be for normal dungeons nothing else.

What would you say of that?
    and it there is a thread about this already, im sorry I missed it and you can link me to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry I don't understand the point of this thread?

Are you having trouble getting into heroics?

If so do quest in nagrand, both my priest hunter and dk was beyond 600 by the time i was 100
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Fastest and easiest way to gear up is to do all quests in Nagrand and then do random BGs. You get a chance at 620 items when you win and you'll be 615+ in 1-2 hours.

Deleted
    You need an item level of 610 to join heroic and my alts usually end up with 604 at max, and making normal dungeons have 100% drop chance on bosses would make it easier to gear up to join them. Im not a fan of questing but i like dungeons, but not when you run them over and over and never getting anything to be able to get into heroics it starts to get annoying. So if you boost normal dungeons drop rate ( and only normal) you are going to be able to join heroics much sooner. And no one wants to sit in normal forever because of bad drops.

Typically, I've always bought my way out of having to do normal dungeons. However, I recently started on a new server so I'm poor. So I've been roughing it like a typical poor soul in the game.

I got to 100 and didn't have to do normal at all. Maybe it was luck, but with the current options once you ding 100, you can quickly get into LFR and Heroic LFG without having to spend gold or do normals.

I finished Nagrand quests > Checked the group finder tool for world bosses (got 1 upgrade) > legendary ring > Apexis gear for 3000 crystals > Weapon from doing the Proving Grounds.

If any loot was guaranteed, people would gear faster and participation would drop. Normal queues would probably go up significantly.
    Last edited by ablib; 2015-01-10 at 01:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is 100% drop chance on last boss and if you either get some friends or semi competent group it should take no longer than 10min per dungeon.

If you have the dwarven bunker or horde equivalent and do questing as normal you will be 610 in no time.
    Do proving grounds as well, if the weapon procs epic you get a 640 ilvl weapon.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I built a warmill at 90 so my items can upgrade to epic quality and by the time i hit 100 i was able to que for heroic.

My first toons were able to skip right into heroics, now I farm satchels on my tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keplars View Post
    You need an item level of 610 to join heroic and my alts usually end up with 604 at max, and making normal dungeons have 100% drop chance on bosses would make it easier to gear up to join them. Im not a fan of questing but i like dungeons, but not when you run them over and over and never getting anything to be able to get into heroics it starts to get annoying. So if you boost normal dungeons drop rate ( and only normal) you are going to be able to join heroics much sooner. And no one wants to sit in normal forever because of bad drops.
    what are you on about? this isnt anything new. you've never been guaranteed gear in dungeons. it has never been a *one and done* situation.

this is the sole problem with RNG playing such a heavy hand in this game. there is no balance. lower the amount of RNG controlled rewards and add more ~do this and get that, guaranteed~ options.

ill agree having bad luck is disappointing and demoralizing, but trying to get Blizzard to understand that on our level is next to impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    I went with barracks to level my followers as fast as possible, and when i came to quests , i didn't get a single blue/epic from nagrand quests, The RNG is strong. and this is my first horde char, so im low on money and friends at the horde side. And the 100% from last boss always give me an item I already have of that item level. Either i have the worst luck ever. or something is wrong with how the loot is given. i have done 5 runs now on horde side, with 0 loot from the bosses without 100% loot chance. on my druid on alliance i ran 7 dungs with 4 heads 2 weapons and 1 neck, which on all those slots i already had same item level/higher item level. I must have the worst luck ever if you all just seem to get the item level without problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    what are you on about? this isnt anything new. you've never been guaranteed gear in dungeons. it has never been a *one and done* situation.

this is the sole problem with RNG playing such a heavy hand in this game. there is no balance. lower the amount of RNG controlled rewards and add more ~do this and get that, guaranteed~ options.

ill agree having bad luck is disappointing and demoralizing, but trying to get Blizzard to understand that on our level is next to impossible.
    OFC it is not new, but if it happens all the time don't you think something should happen to improve? RNG is way to heavy when it comes to gear. and tbh the personal loot has only made it worse im my experience. and you can't get rid of it unless you are a premade group

10+ Year Old Account
    OFC it is not new, but if it happens all the time don't you think something should happen to improve? RNG is way to heavy when it comes to gear. and tbh the personal loot has only made it worse im my experience. and you can't get rid of it unless you are a premade group
    sorry that your anecdotal experience has you feeling that way, but personal loot has been the saving grace with dungeons for me. something i firmly believe should have been implemented during Cata when LFR came out.

Personal loot in dungeons is a huge win overall. that said, i can agree that some of us with horrible luck feel demoralized. its not Personal Loot's fault, its the amount of RNG controlled rewards that make you notice it more. Blizzard really needs to wake up and realize RNG is ok, in moderation, and in conjunction with other more steady and reliable sources of rewards.

the unfortunate issue is: teaching blizzard how to do anything in moderation is a waste of time. Blizzard can only deal in extremes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    your luck loot is fine.

also with personal loot you on average have same chance to get loot like the need before greed system, would even say higher.

On my first 100, I had amazing luck with the warmill. I even got a 630 Epic because of it from the proving grounds quest. I basically was able to do heroics right away.

On my second 100, I had SHIT luck, and by the end of Nagrand, I only had an ilvl of about 597, and the weapon I got from the provings ground quest was worse than my garrosh heirloom.

Just sayin'. The warmill is awesome and all that for this, but RNG is RNG.

A tip, though, to people. There is a trinket in the north-west-ish area of Nagrand from a rare lobster dude, it has a baseline ilvl of 616. Get that if you want to help cheese your ilvl. You can also carry BOE's in your bag and resell them, if you got the gold for that and find a cheap one to help. That's what I did on my second 100

10+ Year Old Account
    I was wondering if you people would like normal dungeons to have 100% drop rate on all loot so you can quicker get into heriocs, it would be a quick way to get the gear you need. And this will only be for normal dungeons nothing else.
    I don't see the need for it. You're already guaranteed a piece of gear from the end-boss anyway. If this is your 1st toon that has hit 100, then I don't think its a bad idea to have to run a few dungeons or spend some time in Nagrand to get up to 610, although you could just buy some crafted gear if you really wanted to get around that (and you should have you 640 legendary quest ring before you hit 100 as well).

For alts, its even easier - if you are planning anything out at all, your alts will have had garrisons and followers for some time during their slower leveling process, and will have several pieces of 615 or even 630 gear from missions. My main and 1st alt that were both 100 within the first 2 weeks or so had to spend some time in Nagrand and killing rares because there wasn't that much time for them before 100. But the alt I hit 100 on 2 weeks ago? He had 6 pieces of 615 gear ready to go from missions. 630 crafted weapons are really cheap as well and are quite good for leveling, so I did have a crafted staff on this last alt, but between that, the mission gear, and whatever upgrades I got while leveling I was able to ding 100 and immediately queue for LFR.

Don't forget you can buy 2 615 trinkets, and if you're smart you won't vendor/DE blues or even greens that you get in Nagrand if they are higher level than what you have equipped. They'll still count towards your overall item level even if sitting in your bags because they are STR and you are an AGI class or whatever. Its not 610 ilvl equipped, just 610 overall.

Pretty sure you should be a lot higher than 604 even if you didn't roll a single upgrade in Nagrand.

There are 602-616 items for every slot there between quests, rares, etc.

Anecdotal, but all 5 of my 100s have been around 615 coming out of Nagrand with one piece of 640 crafted gear.