Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I agree on swapping talents can be fun, but your ideas on orb spender lvl 90 talents is something I realy don't like.
    Fair enough, it was just a thought exercise on what could be done with that tier to make it more impactful now that it lacks the healing functionality and feels lacklustre.

I like my idea better tbh were all 3 are around the same cooldown and serve a different purpose without having the need of an orb cost, I honestly don't see the need it sounds more like a not needed clunky thing. Also having the same cooldown feels more like you don't miss out on a high uptime or usefullnes in a fight. For example now, Divine star has 2 benefits which is low cooldown and able to pop people out of stealth for example, where halo and cascade serve no purpose on damage. They break cc on the weird range and mechanic.

1 thing I do like is cascade bouncing back and forth, what does it do on 1 target, same as now?
    The way I was proposing it - it would still bounce back and forth (up to 5 times) but for greatly increased damage per hit, and it could hit the same targets - so if there were 2 targets Cascade would be a strong option - since it would richochet between them (a bit like Chi Wave, except way stronger).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    The way I was proposing it - it would still bounce back and forth (up to 5 times) but for greatly increased damage per hit, and it could hit the same targets - so if there were 2 targets Cascade would be a strong option - since it would richochet between them (a bit like Chi Wave, except way stronger).
    yea, that sounds like a good solution to not let cascade fall behind cus of single target.

Deleted
    They need 2 balance all talents a lot better in our shadow three. lv 100 has only one choice as good dps. Same goes for lv 90 talents. And its pritty close the same way with insanity because the proc chance from darkess comes light is so low. They should make it 15% and it wouldnt be OP. Mindbender is indeed only ever useable if the fight lasts for 1-2 Minutes.
    Same problem with Shadowy Insight its just to weak and can never beat Twist of Faith even with minium uptime. We need a hole balance tuning for all our talents!
    Last edited by mmoc5f5f54ff7d; 2015-01-12 at 10:50 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltshak3r View Post
    Mindbender is indeed only ever useable if the fight lasts for 1-2 Minutes.
    Actually if the fight is that short, Shadowfiend hits 25% harder than Mindbender and has more uptime (15s vs 12s) - the only advantage of Mindbender is that it is usable more often - but if you are only going to get 1 use out of it, Shadowfiend is the stronger choice. Baby Cthulhu really needs a buff
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Shadowfiend hits 25% harder than Mindbender and has more uptime (15s vs 12s)
    Shadowfiend and Mind Bender both hit for 75% SP right now.

I am looking forward to seeing some Numbers with this change.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltshak3r View Post
    They need 2 balance all talents a lot better in our shadow three. lv 100 has only one choice as good dps. Same goes for lv 90 talents. And its pritty close the same way with insanity because the proc chance from darkess comes light is so low. They should make it 15% and it wouldnt be OP. Mindbender is indeed only ever useable if the fight lasts for 1-2 Minutes.
    Same problem with Shadowy Insight its just to weak and can never beat Twist of Faith even with minium uptime. We need a hole balance tuning for all our talents!
    True, 90 talents isn't realy the focus atm. Just the dissapointment of Vent and AS atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle
    Shadowfiend hits 25% harder than Mindbender and has more uptime (15s vs 12s)
    Shadowfiend and Mind Bender both hit for 75% SP right now.
    (and Mindbender lasts longer)

To be honest, this seems like a lot of work to make sure Mind Flay isn't eclipsed by Mind Sear. Just decouple Insanity's damage scaling from Mind Flay's. Then Mind Flay can be buffed along with Mind Sear to keep them at the ratio desired, and Insanity's damage doesn't change unless wanted.

Buffing Mind Flay without Insanity improves CoP&SoD/Mindbender for single target, and AS (mostly single target). CoP&Insanity is unaffected. Woop woop.
    Last edited by Aica; 2015-01-12 at 04:24 PM.
    {[( )]}

Mind Sear Insanity sounds like more of a buff to Auspicious Spirits / multi-dotting. It's still going to be mostly useless for CoP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    Mind Sear Insanity sounds like more of a buff to Auspicious Spirits / multi-dotting. It's still going to be mostly useless for CoP.
    I am quite happy with that on tectus. Simply double dmg. My dmg already jumps from 35 to 40k within 10seconds of aoeing in last phase. I think we can be competitive on this fight with this change. There raises a question if the empowered channeling will continue when insanity buff fades.