Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I continue to use that item to piss people off and would lol at them even if they knew it was me. Did it to our tank on our heroic Imperator pull, lol.

Then again, I'm the same guy who would BoP the other tank during out Cata heroic raids. god he used to get so pissed off. LOL
    Hallows end wands are just as much fun, have to time it just right though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Is it the Noble Garden thing that turns you into a rabbit, so you're pacified as well

Always a classic :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HasturCthulhu View Post
    Hey everybody,

since we have some funny guys in our raid using the swapblaster regularly to annoy our raiders, i was searching for an addon announcing any use of swapblaster so i can determine who and when he is using this crap of an item. But i searched in vain and was not able to make up an addon for this purpose. Many addons for the train toy set, no addon for the swapblaster... did anybody know if there are any addons tracking who is using a swapblaster in raid?

Thanks.
    No, user, there is no such AddOn created for it. Only way you can see if by checking who's on your spot when you are teleported. I am not sure if the immunity item Vs. life-grip also covers this item, though.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I made such an addon for myself but instead of announcing the real culprit it announces a random raid member as the one using it. I've laughed and laughed and laughed.

'Boys will be boys.'

'It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.'

Swapblasters is pretty much going to be a tool for griefers and trolls, assuming they aren't one and the same.

Wish we could do more about them though. They're such an obnoxious and insufferable segment of WoW.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Oh geez, I once had an unexpected blast with those.

Back in Firelands, I costumed our DK tank on the pull(I was healing then); he got pissed, saying 'I can't tell when I crit if I'm transformed, and I need to know for X reason'. He played a NE Male, and apparently they do a spin animation when they crit, idfk. It was hilarious, though. He was so mad about being a leper gnome :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for reminding me to make one! Now I can use this to annoy one of our tanks even more! Only during heroic/breaks though, Mythic is srs bsns.

But yeah, I don't think such an addon exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its an engineering item yes? That rules out a whole lot of your raid.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    'Boys will be boys.'

Swapblasters is pretty much going to be a tool for griefers and trolls, assuming they aren't one and the same.

Wish we could do more about them though. They're such an obnoxious and insufferable segment of WoW.
    Blizz should make something like:

Swapblaster Overloader
    Any attempt to use the Swapblaster on you will result in a catastrophic feedback, killing the user.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Its an engineering item yes? That rules out a whole lot of your raid.
    It can be used by non-engineers, and is bind on use, not BOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I had someone try to Swapblaster someone back to the start of the raid instance while we were on break.
    Rofl, I have something new to try next raid night

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you can, you know, actually pay attention to your surroundings? It really isn't that difficult to determine who used the item if you pay even the slightest attention.

Another thing you can try if your raid has a break is running up to a mob with the invis. tinker and then hit swap blast on someone. It won't put you in combat, so that person just dies.

Be careful with bosses though, don't do it if the whole raid is in the boss room.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    My raid leader banned all of these "fun" items and declared that if anyone wanted to defy the rule they were removed from the guild (not from the raid). No one has the balls to test that to its full extent.
    Good thing I'm not in your guild. I would see that as a challenge. I would wait for the right moment and trap the raid leader somewhere.

And then I would be removed from the guild in a fit of rage. Such a kick would be worth the fun imo.

It was fun using it in the Gladiator's Sanctum to force someone off the elevator. It doesn't harm anyone as they'll just be teleported up to the top, but it's fun watching people who don't know just freak out.
    Last edited by Lime; 2015-01-11 at 11:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer pulling the boss with fruit basket myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    'Boys will be boys.'

Oddly enough, I feel the same way about the majority of the playerbase of WoW. A bunch of insufferable fucks incapable of having a good time with harmless fun. The same people that probably hated the extremely cool shit (the first two cool expansion events we had) that Blizzard has done in the past that actually makes the game interesting and a good MMO. Nope! The Unfun Dick Brigade is always there to toot its little tattletale horn of horseshit to make the game more "good" for all!

Woohoo!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oddly enough, I feel the same way about the majority of the playerbase of WoW. A bunch of insufferable fucks incapable of having a good time with harmless fun.
    Wasting the time and energy of 19 other people who set aside their free time to enjoy their hobby with inane practical jokes that stop being funny when you pass the age of fourteen is not "harmless fun."

Have a laugh on your own time and play all the jokes you want, just keep it out of organised raids and everyone around you might be a little happier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oddly enough, I feel the same way about the majority of the playerbase of WoW. A bunch of insufferable fucks incapable of having a good time with harmless fun. The same people that probably hated the extremely cool shit (the first two cool expansion events we had) that Blizzard has done in the past that actually makes the game interesting and a good MMO. Nope! The Unfun Dick Brigade is always there to toot its little tattletale horn of horseshit to make the game more "good" for all!

Woohoo!
    Such is WoW's playerbase. Fun hasn't been allowed in the raiding scene for quite some time, only serious business. Doing anything fun might remind people that this is a game and, well, we can't have that.

Deleted
    It's only fun as long as you aren't the target, and by the time your raid starts swapping you into fiery shit on the floor in Blackrock foundry while you are afk during break, you might just realise that it's not that funny at all. It all depends which side you're on.