Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    They plan on going back to the old shard system where each shard is an item. Everyone panic.
    Make them stack and I'd be game for that. Would fix shard issues. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Make them stack and I'd be game for that. Would fix shard issues. =P
    Only if it's like Tome of clear mind. Cheap, bought from NPC. I don't have time for mindless grind now. Haven't done reputations yet.

I guess warlock aoe isnt bad enough.. is those changes go live then there would be no point at all using rain of fire. just single target/havoc-cleave all day.
    BETA CLUB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Organoth View Post
    Yes, confused by that along with the ammunition bags. But I can't seem to find them listed on the front page any more.

As for everyone calling for Warlock buffs, we are solidly in the middle of the pack. While some people may only find it fun when they top the meters, Warlocks are in no way as bad as everyone is claiming they are in terms of damage. Different classes can do crazy DPS on certain fights, that doesn't mean Warlocks are weak, it just means things are tuned badly that give those classes and seemingly unfair advantage. (Looking at you Enhance Shamans on Mythic Tectus).
    What's the differential between the middle of the pack and top classes though?
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Deleted

Please let it be tooltip changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    I guess warlock aoe isnt bad enough.. is those changes go live then there would be no point at all using rain of fire. just single target/havoc-cleave all day.
    There's already very little reason to use RoF, outside of movement. Havoc cleaving is one of Destruction's main strengths.

That's it I'm done going to a Mage and put this whole thing behind me

Quote Originally Posted by Mrinurhead View Post
    Over tooltip updates?

We seriously do the... "OMG CORRUPTION FOR DESTRO, WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!!" and "NERFS THAT ARE EXACTLY WHAT THEY ALREADY DID BUT DIDN'T UPDATE THE TOOLTIPS SO THEY'RE OBVIOUSLY NEW NERFS!"

...thing every patch cycle now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    We seriously do the... "OMG CORRUPTION FOR DESTRO, WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!!" and "NERFS THAT ARE EXACTLY WHAT THEY ALREADY DID BUT DIDN'T UPDATE THE TOOLTIPS SO THEY'RE OBVIOUSLY NEW NERFS!"

...thing every patch cycle now.
    My favorite one is "Is RoF channeled again ?!?!?" every patch
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    If you honestly think Celestalon or any other developer is the sole fault of the flaws in our class you are wrong.
    That's not what I'm saying. He has constantly shown that no matter what kind of valid arguments are thrown his way "Nah, they're fine because they're middle of the pack"

NUMBERS DONT TELL YOU EVERYTHING in this game. Sparkuggz himself says that the warlock class is completely broken and unfun, but since number wise we are doing fine it's completely okay right? that is what twitter-dev is saying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrinurhead View Post
    Mages are not much better and also received a series of stupid nerfs. I play warlock, mage and paladin primarily, and only paladins of these three seem to be doing superlatively well.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathrendar View Post
    Mages are not much better and also received a series of stupid nerfs. I play warlock, mage and paladin primarily, and only paladins of these three seem to be doing superlatively well.
    generally, mages are in a much much better situation than lock atm.

i must say that im curious to see if they are going to do anything to the locks and if so what.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    generally, mages are in a much much better situation than lock atm.

i must say that im curious to see if they are going to do anything to the locks and if so what.
    They'll buff paladins. That will fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by turbosnail View Post
    That's not what I'm saying. He has constantly shown that no matter what kind of valid arguments are thrown his way "Nah, they're fine because they're middle of the pack"

NUMBERS DONT TELL YOU EVERYTHING in this game. Sparkuggz himself says that the warlock class is completely broken and unfun, but since number wise we are doing fine it's completely okay right? that is what twitter-dev is saying
    I'm aware that numbers don't tell you everything in this game. If you look at my post history you can see that I have brought up on numerous occasions the many flaws that we have as a class ranging from Soul Shards to Rain of Fire. The problem is that we view the entire Blizzard developer team in a way based upon how the 2-3 jackasses on twitter act and respond. We are broken, we aren't bad, but we're broken. People need to calm their shit considering we are still in the first instance of this raid tier. I'm sure we are going to see balancing changes go in early/mid February (or whenever the raid gets released) because if Blizzard were to do those changes now they may make the class even worse in BRF and they don't want that. The difference between the faults in a class like warlock and rogue is that rogues needed a damage buff. Our damage is fine, we need a class rework, that is a HUGE task compared to saying "oh lets just give CLASS an X% damage increase, the worst that happens is we revert it.". We need our core mechanics altered that that isn't something they are going to do in a hotfix a few weeks before they release a new instance.

Oh thank god they're just tooltip fixes. I was questioning the world why in hell Demo is nerfed and Frost DK and Feral are still getting buffs on top of their ridiculous burst. Oh thank goodness...

Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post

The changes are already live. These are tooltip updates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    I'm aware that numbers don't tell you everything in this game. If you look at my post history you can see that I have brought up on numerous occasions the many flaws that we have as a class ranging from Soul Shards to Rain of Fire. The problem is that we view the entire Blizzard developer team in a way based upon how the 2-3 jackasses on twitter act and respond. We are broken, we aren't bad, but we're broken. People need to calm their shit considering we are still in the first instance of this raid tier. I'm sure we are going to see balancing changes go in early/mid February (or whenever the raid gets released) because if Blizzard were to do those changes now they may make the class even worse in BRF and they don't want that. The difference between the faults in a class like warlock and rogue is that rogues needed a damage buff. Our damage is fine, we need a class rework, that is a HUGE task compared to saying "oh lets just give CLASS an X% damage increase, the worst that happens is we revert it.". We need our core mechanics altered that that isn't something they are going to do in a hotfix a few weeks before they release a new instance.
    Nor is it something they'll do mid expansion. They're aiming for for a 12 months, 2 tier expansion and already said broken talents and the like are just going to be left and fixed with the next, while they focus on what works. It's that that confirmed for me that there's not much hope to be had in sticking with the class in case they fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Nor is it something they'll do mid expansion. They're aiming for for a 12 months, 2 tier expansion and already said broken talents and the like are just going to be left and fixed with the next, while they focus on what works. It's that that confirmed for me that there's not much hope to be had in sticking with the class in case they fix it.
    They have said for 7 years that they want "Faster" expansions and yet they have yet to deliver once. Using that logic there is no reason to ever hotfix a class because they can just change it next year which is just wrong. What the developers said was that they aren't going to do game-altering changes or prune abilities mid-expansion. That has nothing to do with things such as fixing a specs mobility or altering the rain of fire damage/ember regen. I don't expect a Soul Shard re-work in the middle of WoD but it also isn't out of the question. Never did Ion or any other developer at Blizzcon or in any of their interviews after Blizzcon state that they won't fix classes mid-expansion. The fact that they nerfed RoF in the what that they did shows they are willing to make big changes to a class even if that means the altering of a single spell.

The movie is due out in March 2016, they'd be really, really stupid if they didn't tie a new expansion in with the release of that ...
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock