Thread: Starfall nerf

10+ Year Old Account

Starfall nerf

I know it's early but the new PTR starfall change sucks.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=48505

Spoke too soon. The glyph does what Starfall does now.
    Last edited by Stevecow; 2015-01-10 at 05:30 AM.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    I know it's early but the new PTR starfall change sucks.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=48505
    read all the notes. They just made it so that the minor glyph is changed. Instead of glyphing to make starfall hit mobs only with dots, they made the glyph hit everything within 40 yards. Gives any new balance druid the ability to cast starfall without worrying about pulling everything while in a dungeon/leveling/etc.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

It reversed the Glyph to control it unglyph to leave it uncontrolled. I think they realized that people would be annoyed by this change if it were left to a major glyph so they made it a minor. Still wish it wasn't reversed though.

10+ Year Old Account
    How am I supposed to have my Safe Fall, fast Travel form and Non-ugly Moonkin form now? I really don't like this change...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    How am I supposed to have my Safe Fall, fast Travel form and Non-ugly Moonkin form now? I really don't like this change...
    Same here, I use the same three. I would literally rather it be a major glpyh, kind of sucks.

I really wish they'd just make it how it was before where it only hit things in combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I really wish they'd just make it how it was before where it only hit things in combat.
    Enough people whining like you and it just might happen. There is nothing wrong with the way it is now, or the way it'll be with the glyph reverse. If you pull extra trash that's because you positioned yourself poorly which means you need to be more careful next time. Learn to play the game the way it is intended, and perhaps you'll realise just how damn good it is.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Absolutely hate the change.

The once again half-arsed excuse of "new players don't know" is being used. But it works both ways. You will now have people wondering why their aoe doesn't work.

From my perspective, it's easier for a new player to figure out how to keep a distance when using Starfall after making the mistake of pulling too much, rather than figuring out why their Starfall doesn't work in the first place. And that's because the former has a negative reinforcement effect on the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Absolutely hate the change.

The once again half-arsed excuse of "new players don't know" is being used. But it works both ways. You will now have people wondering why their aoe doesn't work.

From my perspective, it's easier for a new player to figure out how to keep a distance when using Starfall after making the mistake of pulling too much, rather than figuring out why their Starfall doesn't work in the first place. And that's because the former has a negative reinforcement effect on the player.
    Indeed.
    Now: A new player pulls 1-2 times some packs and learns what happened.
    Then: A new player won't even recognize that his starfall doesn't hit all targets for his whole life.

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Enough people whining like you and it just might happen. There is nothing wrong with the way it is now, or the way it'll be with the glyph reverse. If you pull extra trash that's because you positioned yourself poorly which means you need to be more careful next time. Learn to play the game the way it is intended, and perhaps you'll realise just how damn good it is.
    That was pretty damn hostile for a comment about a small QoL change.

couldnt blizzard just change it back to what they had pre MoP.

Unglyphed: Only Hit Targets You were in Combat with.
    Glyphed: Hit Targets in a 30 yard radius.

This would be better IMO, and im still unsure why they changed it to tie it into our dots?

overall on fights like 8 mote tectus with double dot on everything and starfall going this will be a nerf due to the ramp up.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    That was pretty damn hostile for a comment about a small QoL change.
    Some of the players really like how horrible of a design starfall hitting non-combat mobs is, a lot. I don't think they realize they are the minority. If i wanted my starfall to hit mobs that are out of combat, i'd just moonfire the said group to put them in combat... not make a glyph to maximize my starfall dps with the drawback of freaking wiping the group due to an extra pull.

Kikazz, your suggestion is what i think should happen, though a glyph to hit only dotted mobs is good too, as there could be situations where you want to aoe all-out, without hitting some mobs

- - - Updated - - -

is the 20% spellpower buff to 35% on starfall a tooltip fix? Seems like they removed all tooltip fixes on the mmochamp notes.. this cant be real lol, we'll be enhancement shaman level of aoe all the time if this is true.

Starfall + BOP in the up group on Mythic Kargath tho

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    replace Stars with flapping and you have a free glyph slot
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Deleted
    I love how overpowered skillful some balance druids are, that they are proud of using starfall in some minor situations WITHOUT actually doing something not intended (like pulling stuff behind walls and so on). This is hard gameplay, real challenge and requires a brilliantly witty brain to calculate the best position as fast as possible.

So sad these people are acknowledged by some great guys and already sold out when you need them.

I hope more balance druids become skillful and just use these challenging game mechanics to shine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    replace Stars with flapping and you have a free glyph slot
    That doesn't solve the ugly chicken problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    is the 20% spellpower buff to 35% on starfall a tooltip fix? Seems like they removed all tooltip fixes on the mmochamp notes.. this cant be real lol, we'll be enhancement shaman level of aoe all the time if this is true.
    Tooltip changes. Those all went live pre wod release however, I am not sure on stellar flare. I don't remember if it received a buff ~2-3 months ago or if this is a minor buff to it. Anyone know about stellar flare?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mythiix View Post
    Tooltip changes. Those all went live pre wod release however, I am not sure on stellar flare. I don't remember if it received a buff ~2-3 months ago or if this is a minor buff to it. Anyone know about stellar flare?
    Nearly sure Stellar Flare is an actual buff. I don't ever recall it getting buffed in the past, should be easy to test out too by seeing how long it stays on the target at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    I love how overpowered skillful some balance druids are, that they are proud of using starfall in some minor situations WITHOUT actually doing something not intended (like pulling stuff behind walls and so on). This is hard gameplay, real challenge and requires a brilliantly witty brain to calculate the best position as fast as possible.

So sad these people are acknowledged by some great guys and already sold out when you need them.

I hope more balance druids become skillful and just use these challenging game mechanics to shine.
    It's funny that this post makes more sense in a non-sarcastic way than in the way it was meant to be, oh well.