The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Crossfire with two different brands.

So how would that work out with the clock and memory speed?
    Will I be able to say overclock the "lower" r9 290 to a higher clock or to a clock that my current r9 290 is going or do I have to run as the lowest card?

Deleted
    I think the faster card will match the clockspeeds of the slower card. But nothing is stopping you to OC the slower card, or both cards for that matter

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    I think the faster card will match the clockspeeds of the slower card. But nothing is stopping you to OC the slower card, or both cards for that matter
    Forgot to clarify that both are r9 290s. So the fastest card will clock to the slower one, but I will be able to clock them again up. I see! Thanks a bunch, those r9 290s are going for dirt cheap from resellers dropping them for a 970.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Forgot to clarify that both are r9 290s. So the fastest card will clock to the slower one, but I will be able to clock them again up. I see! Thanks a bunch, those r9 290s are going for dirt cheap from resellers dropping them for a 970.
    Bear in mind that you'll likely need at least a quality 850w PSU for XFire 290s, even if it's only a 2-GPU setup.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    Bear in mind that you'll likely need at least a quality 850w PSU for XFire 290s, even if it's only a 2-GPU setup.
    Got it, but doubt it'll stretch that far tbh