Page 1 of 36
... LastLast

Blizzard confirm investigation into KLG piloting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    This situation is being investigated and, if confirmed, the appropriate actions will be taken. The reported behavior is a violation of the Terms of Use to which all players agree before entering the game.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...46?page=22#432

Hopefully won't be just a publicity exercise and we get real results. They've known about these kind of activities for a long time but let it continue. Now it seems arrogance and has got the best of some people and they've drawn major attention to it, something Blizz can't let pass.

EDIT: By boosting I mean Piloting. Can a mod please switch the words please.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2015-01-12 at 06:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me get in here at the start and warn everyone that wants to post here to keep it constructive. Feel free to discuss account sharing and the problems it brings with it, but stay away from guild or people bashing.

Derailing this thread and trolling will not be taken to kindly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post

Hopefully won't be just a publicity exercise and we get real results. They've known about these kind of activities for a long time but let it continue. Now it seems arrogance and has got the best of some people and they've drawn major attention to it, something Blizz can't let pass.
    I'm gonna start this off with something that many will consider ignorant, but what's wrong with this?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I'm gonna start this off with something that many will consider ignorant, but what's wrong with this?
    Ruining the race for server first through violation of the EULA, how can that be NOT wrong?

Legally
    1. Account sharing is against ToS.
    2. Real money was paid for in-game service which is also against ToS.

What's got people up in arms about it though is that it came so early in the tier and has distorted rankings.

Deleted
    Legally

What's got people up in arms about it though is that it came so early in the tier and has distorted rankings.
    But why is it wrong to pay real money for something like this, when Blizzard plans on giving people a way to buy gear with real money. And why is this a problem now. People got boosted through raids since forever. Which is one of the things people use as an argument in favour of legalized gold-selling.

What is KLG boosting ?

10+ Year Old Account
    You must have missed the part where account sharing was the probable means as to how this was accomplished. No amount of rationalizing makes that a free pass.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Ruining the race for server first through violation of the EULA, how can that be NOT wrong?
    Ok, let me get this right. Somebody paid someone to boost them through Highmaul mythic right? So how can this ruin server first?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    You must have missed the part where account sharing was the probable means as to how this was accomplished. No amount of rationalizing makes that a free pass.
    I honestly don't even think account sharing is bad.

But why is it wrong to pay real money for something like this, when Blizzard plans on giving people a way to buy gear with real money.
    Citation please. Preferably one that doesn't include phrases like "My friend said..." or "it's totally obvious".

And why is this a problem now. People got boosted through raids since forever. Which is one of the things people use as an argument in favour of legalized gold-selling.
    People got boosted through raids for IN-GAME GOLD since forever. Which is fine, because you are exchanging in-game goods for an in-game service that does not require somebody else to play your character for you.

when Blizzard plans on giving people a way to buy gear with real money
    [Citation Needed]

edit: Butler beat me to it. But still.

But why is it wrong to pay real money for something like this, when Blizzard plans on giving people a way to buy gear with real money. And why is this a problem now. People got boosted through raids since forever. Which is one of the things people use as an argument in favour of legalized gold-selling.
    Bringing a couple of individuals into a guild run is one thing, taking over the accounts of an entire guild this early into the tier and killing the last boss for them is another.

15+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't boosting, it was piloting.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Spoiler alert: There is no citation.
    We know

Deleted
    Legally

legally? nothing.

EULA and TOS have absolutely no legal weight whatsoever.

So please, dont use terms like that.

Hopefully won't be just a publicity exercise and we get real results.
    You won't get any result at all regarding the case from blizzard. So go away with your drama and your hate toward the guild.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, let me get this right. Somebody paid someone to boost them through Highmaul mythic right? So how can this ruin server first?
    I really don't understand how can one not understand this. Because boosted guild is now server first in the records without any merit, that's how.

I may be missing something, but I'm quite sure Blizzard isn't planning to give people a way to buy gear with real money, unless you meant the supposedly planned game-time token?
    Anyway, in regards to the matter - it's wrong to share account to begin with, and since it affect the raiding community, more reason for them to care. People got boosted since forever, yes. However, the traditional (and arguably legal) method were to carry people - which doesn't violate ToS. There were a lot of cases of buying carry with RL money, but it's hard for Blizzard to prove it (how?), so they left these alone.

This case, if the accusations were true, wasn't a boost but a paid-pilot service (having people logging the buyers' account). It's rather easy for Blizzard to verify it with their login pattern records. So yeah, out of luck. Technically, all account sharing cases risks the chance of getting banned, but Blizzard tend to be lenient if it's among a guild / circle of friend. They are less lenient when they know people intentionally violate ToS and affect other people (who could guess something was wrong). That likely will be what got people banned this time (again, if Blizzard confirm they did something wrong), not that they paid real life money for it.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    legally? nothing.

Just saying, you realize that the word "legal" doesn't have to do with states / countries' laws only, right? CoC / ToS are Blizzard rules, so anything violate those would be illegal action *in WoW only*.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2015-01-10 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    legally? nothing.

Are you a legal secretary?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    You won't get any result at all regarding the case from blizzard. So go away with your drama and your hate toward the guild.
    What guild?

10+ Year Old Account
    But why is it wrong to pay real money for something like this, when Blizzard plans on giving people a way to buy gear with real money.
    Except no, they aren't. Don't spread ignorant misinformation like this.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.