Deleted

Suit for Dolphins

Haha yeah a funny thought here.

Dolphins are very intelligent and curious creatures as you might know.
    I then thought: What about putting a suit on a dolphin so it can move on land much like we put on a diving suit :-D Imagine what could happen. I bet it would be amazed to explore the new weird world xD

Have a nice day!

15+ Year Old Account
    I....love this idea

Thinking on it, you would create a reverse dry suit - a suit that keeps a body of fluid around the dolphin, but doesn't necessarily insulate the heat like ours do. You could probably rig the up/down tail motion to power bicycle wheels, which would be an extremely efficient means for a dolphin to get around our cities, since it can't exactly walk / take a cab / bus / train very easily. It would need custom goggles, and since it cannot clear them as human divers can (lack of arms) that might require some special engineering. Then you could rig the steering to the handle bars easily enough.

However, since they breathe air like we do - they would not require any special SCABA apparatus (self-contained above-water breathing apparatus, in their case). They should be able to access any human city without risk of a reverse bends effect - since the atmospheric pressure above the surface is significantly less than below, they could remain up here indefinitely.

Of course, they would need human tour guides initially to show them around town - but I suspect many people would want to go bicycling with a dolphin in a wetsuit. Also, we would need special dolphin-bike-accessible washrooms for them. Beyond that, I think we are good to incorporate non-human intelligent citizens into our culture

Now we just need a Will & Grace for Dolphin/Human social interaction, to help define social dynamics and ease people into the idea of having dolphins as roommates and friends
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2015-01-10 at 02:49 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I....love this idea
    You're reading waaaay too much into it..

Also, Dolphin society will conquer landmasses and humans will have to live in oceans. So I'm strongly against it.
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2015-01-10 at 02:53 PM.

Deleted
    Haha i love your mentality Yvaelle ^^
    Let's make it happen!!

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps we could construct transparent tubes filled with water going from the sea throughout our country for them to swim into willingly instead of forcing them into a suit :-D