Poll: Do you miss Reforging?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by L3fty View Post
    Ah I see, thanks for clarifying.

I don't think i'm capable of wrapping my head around the new stats. Versatility...avoidance...multistrike, they still all mean nothing to me. Tertiarys...so I guess they are niche stats that get thrown on gear the noone really wants but gets anyway?

/shrug
    Versatility, secondary stat:
    Increases all of the damage and healing you deal, as well as reduces all incoming damage you take.

Avoidance, tertiary stat:
    Reduces all AoE damage you take.

Multistrike, secondary stat:
    Every time you use an ability two dices are rolled, each have a chance for your ability to occur an additional time for 30 % of the damage/healing, meaning each time you cast Shadow Bolt you have a chance to cast 1-2 extra Shadow Bolts for 30 % of the main Shadow Bolts damage each for no extra cost.

ReforgeLite was hands down the worst addon I have ever used.

If using a garbage addon to do the work for you is a big factor in why Reforging is better gone then that's a real shame to me.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't think i'm capable of wrapping my head around the new stats. Versatility...avoidance...multistrike, they still all mean nothing to me. Tertiarys...so I guess they are niche stats that get thrown on gear the noone really wants but gets anyway?

/shrug
    The secondary stats in the game are: Crit, haste, mastery, versatility, multistrike, bonus armor, and spirit. These are always on a specific item, they do not change.

Tertiary stats are: Avoidance, leech, speed. In addition to those there are sockets and warforged. These can proc on an item, and all of them (1 tertiary, 1 socket, 1 warforged) can be on the same item.
    Neither of these extra stats cost anything on the secondary stat budget and are merely a nice extra bonus.

Deleted
    Yes, I want to get rid of versatility

Despite the fact that I play a Sub Rogue and there's like 2 items with Multistrike on them in entire Highmaul, no. It should've never been added to the game, glad it's gone.

I don't miss it at all.

But I do wish they'd tweak versatility to make it better. That's really the only thing still having reforging would be used for by me, getting rid of half of that useless stat.

Anyways, with hit/exp gone, most of the reason reforging was made in the first place has been neutered anyways.

Deleted
    As a fury warrior I do.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 months ago I would have said "no" without a doubt. But the itemization especially in Highmaul is so crappy it really is needed.

Deleted
    ReforgeLite was hands down the worst addon I have ever used.

If using a garbage addon to do the work for you is a big factor in why Reforging is better gone then that's a real shame to me.
    Quickest and most efficient way of making sure you're optimizing reforging, I agree it was boring but so was reforging. It wasn't even fun to get a new upgrade from a raid knowing that you had to reforge it, and possibly the rest of the gear if it did/didn't have hit on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    Not useless. Have you actually researched your stat weights? They're a LOT closer than you think for all but a couple class/spec exceptions. Don't be obtuse. You're already not coming across as a min/max perfectionist by demonstrating you have no idea how or what tertiaries are or how the new secondaries work. You're not fooling anyone.
    Fists down buddy, I'm not claiming to be anything.

If you must know, I raid mythic in a fairly progressive guild. I also know that Versatility, Avoidance, Multistrike and Leech suck for me. Whether they are tertiaries, thirds or w/e i'm sorry I don't know. I also don't claim to be a min maxer...but a pretty good healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora Twinblade View Post
    Quickest and most efficient way of making sure you're optimizing reforging, I agree it was boring but so was reforging. It wasn't even fun to get a new upgrade from a raid knowing that you had to reforge it, and possibly the rest of the gear if it did/didn't have hit on it.
    Or if you were a healer that didn't want to go above/below a certain amount of spirit (Hello every upgrade I got in all of SoO!)

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    2 months ago I would have said "no" without a doubt. But the itemization especially in Highmaul is so crappy it really is needed.
    This pretty much. ^

+1

10+ Year Old Account
    Fists down buddy, I'm not claiming to be anything.

If you must know, I raid mythic in a fairly progressive guild. I also know that Versatility, Avoidance, Multistrike and Leech suck for me. Whether they are tertiaries, thirds or w/e i'm sorry I don't know. I also don't claim to be a min maxer...but a pretty good healer.
    Avoidance is bad because it takes the spot of leech, and you don't want to stand in stuff anyway. Leech is good because it's free healing. (Both of these are tertiary)

Can't comment on the other two stats, I don't know shit about most classes other than holy paladin.

Reforged sucked... because of hit/exp.

With those two stats gone, I don't see why it can't make a return, other than being able to stack too much of a secondary making a class too strong.

I enjoyed reforging, it gave me more options and customization, which in my opinion is a good thing. On a side note, would bringing back armor pen instead versatility be good? I can't remember if armor pen was a great stat to have, but maybe it would be better than vers.

This is how i experienced reforging:

1. New item piece drops.
    2. Go to the reforge NPC.
    3. Turn on Ask-robot with (my) custom stat weights.
    4. Use the in-game addon that automatically applies all reforges.
    5. Repeat process after getting a new item piece.

If you knew how to properly configure ask-mr-robot's custom stat weights, it would ALWAYS do a better math work than any regular player manually could.

Reforging was boring and slightly annoying with an addon and a 3rd party website.
    Reforging without the addon and 3rd party website was the worst thing i have ever seen!

There was always only one single correct answer, depending on the boss/pvp type you are fighting.
    And that one correct answer was by far the easiest to achieve with the ask-robot's custom stat weights.

Deleted

/shrug
    lol you don't know what the new stats mean or are, and yet you want reforging to fix them?

Maybe you should work out what they are first.

Or did you just read icy-viens and it said versaitly was the 3rd best stat and therefore you think its shit?

./sigh

On topic I would not mind if they bought it back.

But they must never (ever) bring back hit or expertise and there must never be caps ever again.

I don't mind getting 1 item and altering that 1 item to get the most out of it.

Reforging 12 bits of gear when you got 1 upgrade sucked donkeys balls.

During SoO I was over hit cap by at least 3% for most of it :/
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2015-01-10 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Speeling!!!

I forgot this is the Internet and everything must be written accurately or it gets misinterpreted.

I know what the stats do, I just think for the most part they are boring and weak. Hope that's clear Mr big muscles.

I do miss the actual chance to modify your gear and stats.

I don't miss the gold sink that reforging was introduced, not that gold is a problem, but it could have used like lesser charms or something instead, plenty of those buggers left overflow.

Tertiary even some of the current secondary stats are just useless and i thought Blizzard at some point admitted they wanted only meaningful stats to be in the game. Yes this was one of the reasons why such gems as armor penetration was removed, cause it wasn't meaningful and it was hard to understand. Which i don't still understand, what was so hard about it.
    Now we have a bunch of bullshit stats,
    leech (improved selfhealing, why? What is that +36 extra healing going to do in a 200k hp pool, fucking nothing.),
    avoidance and versatility % damage decrease and increase stats which are basically the least original and uninventive stats ever,
    speed (like the random minimal % moving speed difference makes any difference in the gameplay),
    multistrike (essentially a double whammy. What? When you hit with your sword you gain double the effect? That doesn't make any god damn sense if you really think about it),
    bonus armor (Why? why not just call it armor give it a multiplier or something for tanks, why does there have to be a separate stat for it? In a light of tank stats dodge makes much more sense as a stat),
    indestructible (that actually makes some sense, but not as item stat, this should have been an enchantment, magically enhanced option for gear).

No reforging wasn't perfect system, it was always the same bulk % amount that could be reforged, and if the system really needed people to use addons to figure out what was the most suited stat for basic use clearly players missed it's point. Instead of totally giving up on it the developers could have improved it even with the help of the community. Community which is divided 50-50 others want to do the math for their character and optimize to the best they can and others just wanna get their gear piece on right away regardless what it contains.

The community is messed up in that way that if there's an option to do something the community makes it mandatory, essentially ruining the optional parts in the game, unless it has zero effect to performance. Now we are stuck with and mandatory to accept that our gear is not optional to our spec, because the itemization blows and there's no way to customize it. They reduced the enchants with over half the amount, removed other profession enhancements from gear.

All this in an RPG game where personal and character customization should be the number one priority. Currently it's not, it's performance. It doesn't matter if the gear and stats look like your personal work as long as your ilvl meets others ridiculous standards and your performance and focus is 110%. Remember those old RPGs that you played with pen, paper, dice and imagination. You were ecstatic when you got to add +1 stat after hours of gameplay or got to reroll some stat or another in scale improvement, those doesn't matter one bit anymore. Now loot drops it's the wrong stat but you have to equip it cause it's +4 ilvls higher, cause that's all that matters to others you're going to be grouping up with. It's a "better" item, but if you actually do the math it lowers your dps by 2%, what is that? Better item my ass, no random drops cannot be suited for each spec without total homogenization, but that's why systems such as reforging should exist, for players who want to take that extra step, not because of mandatory addon that does shit for you. Other option is to farm the optimal drops for months when others (who don't care one bit what they wear) move on to next tier just so you get what you're supposed to.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2015-01-10 at 05:27 PM.

Deleted
    I miss it. But mainly due to the shitty Highmaul optimization.