Poll: Do you miss Reforging?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by L3fty View Post
    Ah I see, thanks for clarifying.

I don't think i'm capable of wrapping my head around the new stats. Versatility...avoidance...multistrike, they still all mean nothing to me. Tertiarys...so I guess they are niche stats that get thrown on gear the noone really wants but gets anyway?

/shrug
    The three tertiary stats are:

-Avoidance, which reduces the damage you take from aoe by 1% per 100 stats.
    -Speed, which increases your movement speed by 1% per 100 stats.
    -Leech, turns a % of your damage into self healing, at a rate of 1% per 100 stats.

Versatility filled a shoes of Hit and Expertise. Versatility never receives diminishing returns (as far as i'm aware) and will always be at minimum a decent stat for everyone, because it's flat % damage and % healing done, and half as much % damage reduction.

Multistrike causes your melee swings and offensive spells to have a % chance to hit a second and third time for 30% damage each. I'm 99.3% sure it does not affect heals.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    Not in any world. I like to play my games, not go to the internet to have calculators tell me ...
    No one forced you to use calculators, you could do it yourself before, even more now that hit/expertise aren't a thing so you wouldn't need to reforge/regem everything to hit but not exceed caps now.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    ... what minor stat redistribution I should be doing to increase my dps by 5%.
    So you prefer (even more!) pure RNG to tell you how good your dps is, instead of the effort and thought you put towards customizing your character?
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2015-01-10 at 06:01 PM.

I miss reforging inasmuch as I would like to reforge the versatility on my caster legendary ring to something that isn't garbage. Oh, and the versatility on my Butcher caster mace.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    No one forced you to use calculators, you could do it yourself before, even more now that hit/expertise aren't a thing so you wouldn't need to reforge/regem everything to hit but not exceed caps now.

So you prefer (even more!) pure RNG to tell you how good your dps is, instead of the effort and thought you put towards customizing your character?
    I prefer to have the emphasis for the devs to be on crating fun within the game, not a system in which we are being constantly asked to focus into efficiency. Reforging moves that focus further away from fun and more into the "job-like" style from a design perspective. If players wants to take a fun-centric style of game and force that jobism onto it. That's their choice. having the developers back that up is the absolute wrong way of making a game. Of course this is purely subjective, but I'm intensely happy that blizzard is pulling back from that format and hope they never go back to reforging.

Tldr. The more min/maxing is supported by Blizzard as a mechanic the worse the game gets. Allowing min/max is fine.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    The three tertiary stats are:

-Avoidance, which reduces the damage you take from aoe by 1% per 100 stats.
    -Speed, which increases your movement speed by 1% per 100 stats.
    -Leech, turns a % of your damage into self healing, at a rate of 1% per 100 stats.

Versatility filled a shoes of Hit and Expertise. Versatility never receives diminishing returns (as far as i'm aware) and will always be at minimum a decent stat for everyone, because it's flat % damage and % healing done, and half as much % damage reduction.

Multistrike causes your melee swings and offensive spells to have a % chance to hit a second and third time for 30% damage each. I'm 99.3% sure it does not affect heals.
    Heals can multistrike.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    2 months ago I would have said "no" without a doubt. But the itemization especially in Highmaul is so crappy it really is needed.
    Well I agree with Highmaul itemization being kinda bad, but mostly because there is only one drop per slot for most items. BRF will have at least two options per slot so that will be better.

Actually come to think of it, the thing that pisses me off is, Imperator Normal drops a 655 chest with non-optimal secondaries. Meanwhile I can do a few rated 2v2 with an OP friend playing a FotM class and get enough valor in an hour or two to buy a 660 cloth chest which I can pick and choose the optimal secondaries out of 3 options. It's completely retarded: +5 ilvls for PvE with my best secondaries, making it a clear cut winner over a piece that drops off a boss that's probably too hard for Normal anyway.
    Last edited by hablix; 2015-01-10 at 10:05 PM.

Without hit, expertise and breakpoints, reforging really has no point but only replace 40% of a bad stat to a good one.

Which can be fixed if you loot the proper piece anyways.

Highmaul has badly itemized gear for most classes, that's won't be a problem in BF.

You won't miss it AT ALL once there will be 3 chest pieces instead of one for everybody, and tier.

In fact, only thing I wish I could reforge is the legendary ring... because there is no other option than to have haste which is totally useless for 4 out of 5 healing classes.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2015-01-10 at 10:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    hell no, especially not hit or exp caps... hated getting that new piece of gear drop off a boss then have to wait till a break to hearth back to gem, enchant then reforge all my gear to make up for stat changes from the new pice... Now I toss a gem in it if a slot and toss it on, if no gem slot then just slap that piece of gear on. Easier, simpler, less hassle.

I absolutely miss it. With the removal of hit/expertise caps there's no reason it shouldn't be in the game... especially when you factor in how badly itemized Highmaul gear is.

15+ Year Old Account
    no, it was no skill in using it,
    download ReforgeLite > Set spec/breakpoints > click Reforge
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I miss it because when I was bored, I broke away from the MrRobot norm and tested ridiculous things like a crit stacked shadow priest over haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it was a pain, and in the end I just used an addon for it.

Deleted
    I do not really miss it. Sure, sometimes it did come in handy to make a bad item at least somewhat good - but saying that not having this option dramatically spoils my playing experience would be highly exaggerated.

glad it's gone, don't miss it a single bit. it's one of those things that sounded great in theory but proved to be absolutely awful. getting a gear upgrade should feel like a reward, not like a chore, which having to reforge every single piece of gear every time you get one upgrade felt like. reforging isn't the main reason I quit raiding but it was a contributing factor in the decision

I really didn't mind it going away at first, but now I'm really wishing that I had the ability to squeeze a little bit more out of my gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    I miss it. But mainly due to the shitty Highmaul optimization.
    Yup, some specs are totally boned by the stats on highmaul gear. I wont feel as aggravated once we get BRF where there are actually a decent number of plate pieces without haste. I'll still probably want reforging back sometimes, but only on pieces that have literally my worst stat on them and no alternative piece available through raiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    I miss it. But mainly due to the shitty Highmaul optimization.
    Agreed, with better loot (like BRF appears to have) I probably wouldn't miss it as much. I definitely didn't miss needing to do it every time I got new gear but at the same time the customization is provided was fun.

The community's obsession with "optimal" choices somewhat killed the "fun" of reforging, as it really should have been about choosing stats which suited a playstyle.
    I do not miss it, and together with the random nature of upgrades makes content relevant for longer.
    I do not have a fixed and predictable list of upgrades.
    Means I can be excited again about killing a boss and seeing what drops, instead of knowing in advance there is nothing for me because I already got x item.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I like that I can toss on a new piece of gear soon as I get it rather than have to stop what I'm doing, hearth, and fly to Ashran to go see the Reforger to swap out X for Y for 0.005% more DPS on my bracers.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Any customization is good.
    Only average and bad players think it was " go to the internet and reforge how it told you to". There is alot of minor customization you can do with stats to fit the fight or your role in the fight better.
    I think they should have kept it, especially with highmaul dropping such little variation in gear, you are bassically forced to have the stats blizzard lets you have right now.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).