Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsilyikes View Post
    whatt... no. if you feel like you are basically required to take DoC basically as a crutch to support druid's poor regen then you really just need to play more strategically and use your spells to their fullest benefit.

personally haven't taken DoC on any serious progression kills. I've toyed with it here and there, and I have seen decent logs of people using it on say Mtwins but it is absolutely not necessary by any means. even on heroic imperator. (currently working on mythic)
    Gotta agree with you here. My biggest issue with it being that on a fight like imperator I felt that yes I was doing higher numbers... by sniping heals that would've passively healed up. And when it came to the end of the fight sitting there to cast wrath is the last thing i'd want to be doing.

But ye, great for getting better numbers so you can feel like you did well, even if you probably contributed less. Having the ability to control a screw up and save the kill is worth more than higher hps which wasn't needed. Even if the kill goes well and you end up not needing to use it.

My other biggest issue with it is that the lack of control makes it feel like the healing done is even less critical and of worth.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feawen View Post
    Yes everyone is correct, no logs cause they were wipes.
    So from looking through those logs, the things that really stand out are very low harmony uptime on the few fights I saw (I just poked through the longest attempts, didnt check out all of them) but thats certainly going to be a problem in terms of throughput. Work on better harmony/lifebloom uptime and you should see some improved results.

That being said, looking at raw hps to determine how well your healers are doing is never a good idea, since its skewed by healer comp, number of healers, fight duration, where your CDs are lined up in the rotation, and also how sloppy your dps are at avoiding unnecessary damage. The only time I would worry about raw hps is if you raid just slowly loses health over the course of a fight and dies off, not sure if thats the case or not for you. What mechanics on Twins is killing your group most of the time?

Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    HotW has its place too, you know. I loved it on mythic Brackenspore, personally.
    HotW is great on many fights this tier really. For progression I used it on everything except Ko'Ragh and Imperator I think. It's a great healing CD on Butcher (sub 30%) and Tectus (second upheaval, and subsequent mote phase) for sure, and I still use it on those, although I now use NV on all the other fights (especially healing the stands on kargath, since 90 seconds lines up perfectly with chain hurl). Really, Tier 6 is not a very strong throughput tier in general, there is no right or wrong choice there, definitely don't judge the worth of your healers based on that talent choice.

DoC though does strike me as by far the weakest of the tier, and should only get weaker with gear since it scales so poorly. It likely adds not much more damage than NV, and certainly provides less meaningful healing (i.e. it heals at a time when healing isn't really needed, where NV heals during burst healing phases). I'm still tempted to give it a shot on imperator as we get farther into the fight, since mana is so awful on that fight, but honestly it seems like it would be better to just cast non-DoC wrath during low healing phases, let mushrooms and the like do the healing, and still have NV when you need it.

Welp, NV is being nerfed on PTR from 30% to 20%, so I guess long live HotW!

Think that's just a tooltip fix.