Thread: Fix this dps!

Fix this dps!

Hey guys. A rogue in my raid team is having some DPS issues, and being that I do not main a rogue, and rogues are few and far between in our guild, I was hoping I could get some advice and criticism for our rogue here.

Spec: Combat
    iLvl: 664
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ltman/advanced
    WarcraftLogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t=17&source=48

I know very little about rogues, but from my recent experience, this is fairly well below par for combat dps. The log I linked is not the best from the night, but the rank among the rest of the group is about average for the night (14/17 DPS), and this had been the case for a couple weeks now, even with some substantial gear upgrades.

Thank you for the your time, I would prefer we are able to fix his DPS to bring it up to par, as he is a guildie, and I much prefer helping someone rise out of the gutter than dumping them back in it Any advice and criticism is greatly appreciated!

First of all, he only has 60% uptime on Slice and Dice, which is terrible, 70% on Revealing Strike, which is also terrible, and he never uses Vanish, which might not be an incredible amount of dps but is still very helpful.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what.”

wth how did he get ilvl 664 man ? playing combat having those terrible uptimes .... like noralya said he should pay attention to those things
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

This one seems easy. He forgot blade flurry entirely.

Deleted
    Well, id just kick him. If you cant play combat you are lost.

If he cant maintain SnD/RS/BF, he probably also runs around like a headless chicken for half the fight.

1. Slice and Dice and Revealing Strike uptimes are too low. Blade Flurry isn't being used at all.
    2. Due to a lack of Blade Flurry use, Venom Rush isn't being fully taken advantage of.
    3. Overall active uptime is 91% and there's a good 18 seconds from 2:07 to 2:25 where no damage is being done.
    4. No 2nd pot used.
    5. Four inferior enchants.
    6. With glyph of disappearance and the talent Shadow Focus, the rogue could gain a near free 2 combo points every minute.
    7. Personally I find BoS too high an energy cost to use in PvE anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by noralya View Post
    First of all, he only has 60% uptime on Slice and Dice, which is terrible, 70% on Revealing Strike, which is also terrible, and he never uses Vanish, which might not be an incredible amount of dps but is still very helpful.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^

this is so elementary lvl of basic how did you even find this guy ? and i hope he got the gear on his own time and not your guilds.

its better to waste energy to keep SnD up 100% of the time then to EVER let it fall off

icehud has a great bar premade for tracking SnD that makes it impossible to miss, using WeakAruas you can make your own bar(i use icon w/ timer) for revealing strike..... doesnt all your mastery go in the trash if RS isnt up?

- - - Updated - - -

also he had time for atleast 4 ambushes(6 with imp vanish) and he did not cast it once after the opener

AND twins ....twins means 2....yet hes only attacking one...BF should be active any time the bosses are tanked in one place(from my xp thats ALLWAYS minus when whirlwinds happens) I use BF about 90% of that fight
    Last edited by isaaru; 2015-01-11 at 12:26 AM.

Surely this is a troll? 60% SnD uptime is not "terrible." 95% SnD uptime is terrible. 60% is...troll? Please be a troll.
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

he was a raid member on the team I am now leading before I even joined it. Unfortunately, he switched classes (from ret pally, odd, bit we have more than enough atm), and hasn't been performing since. I was hoping to avoid removing, so I will take him the basic pointers you all suggested and *hopefully* it will help. If it doesn't (or he doesn't take the advice for some ungodly reason), well.... ya. Unfortunately, the responses echoed my own sentiments, so I hope he is willing to take criticism..

Thanks for the words of wisdom guys, if anyone else has anything to offer in the way of advice, I would prefer to help a team member fix rather than remove.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    Surely this is a troll? 60% SnD uptime is not "terrible." 95% SnD uptime is terrible. 60% is...troll? Please be a troll.
    *sigh*, I'm still waiting for him to be like "LoL, JK GUYS!!".... Will report back any increases or, hopefully, a poorly-planned troll.

You should kick or bench him because he doesn't even take the time to learn how to play his class. It's an insult to everyone else on your team maxing professions and doing every little bit to eek out an extra 1% dps when this retard can't be bothered to refresh slice and dice.

Another reason why I laugh at raiders when guys like this can get deep into raiding without having a clue what they're doing. Just shows how easy that crap is.

"easy"and "being carried" are two separate things :P I put too much personal relations into decisions like this, and ultimately, I'm 95% sure you are all right on but I would feel like a dbag if i didn't give him the chance. Again, thanks for the help (and affirmations) guys, anything else is welcome

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    You should kick or bench him because he doesn't even take the time to learn how to play his class. It's an insult to everyone else on your team maxing professions and doing every little bit to eek out an extra 1% dps when this retard can't be bothered to refresh slice and dice.

Another reason why I laugh at raiders when guys like this can get deep into raiding without having a clue what they're doing. Just shows how easy that crap is.
    He's not deep into raiding. Getting carried this hard essentially never happens in serious guilds unless you're paying to be carried.