First Time Builder

Hey all,

I want to build a mid range computer that can run most games.

Budget: $750-$800
    Resolution: 1600x900
    Games / Settings Desired: I want to be able to play most games at a stable fps on medium settings. I play WoW and CS:GO mostly.
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): Nope
    Parts that can be reused: Nope
    Do you need an OS?: Nope
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? Nope

This is a build I was looking at. (Sorry can't link yet)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $176.99
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $28.75
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $107.99
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory $75.97
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $53.97
    Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 280 3GB DirectCU II Video Card $194.99
    Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case $41.99
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $48.99
    Total: $729.64

I am probably going to wait for the 960 to release before getting a GPU but wanted an opinion on the build.

Thanks,
    Vscratch

Two notes:

No need for a Z97 MoBo, as you dont have an overclockable CPU (and unlike a lot of people here, im not a member of the OC fanclub for people who arent going enthusiast-level machine or better, the performance gains simply arent there), so you dont need a Z97. An equivalent H97 will have almost all the same features (WiFi/whatever) and probably be slightly cheaper.

GPU - at 1600x900, im not even sure you need that much GPU to run everything at High/max settings. You could shave money there if you wanted. If you intend to step up to 1080p at any point in the future, then keep the 280 or go even a step better if you can afford it.

PSU might be a bit overkill, as well (that system would do fine on a 450W 80+), but its a good price and offers future-proofing if you decide to upgrade the GPU later, so id say, unless you really need to shave money, keep it.