Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    Propably going to get a few chuckles but I really recommend Creative Fatal1ty headset.
    It costs around 30€, soft earcups, detachable mic, long cord with a remote which has mic on/off switch, and a volume adjuster.

I listen to music, use ts and play guitar with them, and I really have nothing bad to say about them.
    Which ones, the older ones were great! I owned 2 pair and they are awesome the price you pay for them. I mean until i started using a high quality sound card these were great, they don't seem to last that long though although i'm like a viking behind the computer so that could be the cause of them only lasting bit over a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wouldn't reccommend siberia steel series. they seem to have mediocre sound quality for the price they are asking.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i wouldn't reccommend siberia steel series. they seem to have mediocre sound quality for the price they are asking.
    They are alright for the price but like with everything you get what you pay for.

Personally using a Sennheiser G4ME zero as a gaming headset (~280$) headset and it completely blows everything else I had previously out of the water but there's a premium price to them and they need a proper system to power them.
    Last edited by zealo; 2015-01-11 at 05:27 PM.

Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

15+ Year Old Account
    Gamecom 788.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Well, if your only complaint with the Corsair Vengeance was the fact that it's wired, the Vengeance 2100 is the wireless version.

I've been using a Corsair Vengeance 1500 (wired) for about two years now, and it's the best headset I've ever owned.

Yeah newer Creative headsets have truly terrible mics with no way to boost them :/

10+ Year Old Account
    My astro's have served me well so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    They are alright for the price but like with everything you get what you pay for.

Personally using a Sennheiser G4ME zero as a gaming headset (~280$) headset and it completely blows everything else I had previously out of the water but there's a premium price to them and they need a proper system to power them.
    for 100$ i expect better sound quality than a 50$ panasonic headset.
    i compared them it had slightly worse.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Fuck Razer, Logitech and every other "gaming headset".

Buy some normal, good headphones without a mic, then buy a mic.

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Fuck Razer, Logitech and every other "gaming headset".

Buy some normal, good headphones without a mic, then buy a mic.
    I was thinking of doing this but having a hard time judging headphones... so many audiophile reviews make the truth really hard to find.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhedinn View Post
    I was thinking of doing this but having a hard time judging headphones... so many audiophile reviews make the truth really hard to find.
    Ive owned two higher end razer and logitech headsets. .. as well as others, im happy to say like my Siberia v2.. However I'm unable to use noise canceling headsets because of my Alison
    â affliction
    Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream or be nothing.

Deleted
    I went with the thermaltake shockspins. They looks completely retarded, but good sound + very comfy 10+ hours on not a problem.

Thanks guys, lots of great advice in this thread.

After reading through and googling a bit I think the front runners are the Astro A-series, Logitech G930 or the Corsair 2100. I'd been looking into the G930s myself, a lot of people here recommended Astro and Corsair is in the running because I already liked my old Corsairs. Rough check on local stores has the following prices (AUD):

Astro A40 - $229
    Astro A50 - $350-$400 (yikes)
    Logitech G930 - $160
    Corsair Vengeance - $150

So... I'm thinking Astro is a bit too pricey for me. Guess that leaves the G930 or the Vengeance. By the way does anyone know the difference between Corsair's V and H lines? Seem to market them as Vengeance and "gaming".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    As always I'm going to recommend a normal pair of headphones and a separate mic, the mic can either be a standalone thing you place on your desk in front of you or a modmic-style mic that attaches to your headphones.

Wireless limits your options but for roughly the same price as those Logitech G930 you could get for example Sennheiser RS 160 + Samson Go Mic which is a far better combo in every way possible than any similarly priced headset.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    G930.

Used mine for 3+ years (probably a lot longer) and never had any problems. After 3 years, the battery still lasted 10 hours on a single charge, mic quality is the best I have seen/heard on a wireless headset in it's price range, and the sound is very good, albeit the surround sound is quite gimmicky.

They were thrown about, dropped, abused, everything. They just always worked, when they finally broke though, I picked up a pair of HD668B's and a clip on mic, works a treat and is super cheap, just annoying have two wired to manage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

HyperX Cloud for $79.00 is a no-brainer > Amazon Link

it's one of the only "gaming" headsets worth buying, amazing build quality, Hi-fi 15-25khz 53mm drivers ..

it's the top rated headset in amazon (based on customer reviews)

Ps: Professional headphones + clip on mic are great if you use it in a closed enviroment, otherwise don't, you don't want the people in your raid to hear everything that is happening at your house .
    Last edited by Lordbrutus; 2015-01-12 at 03:52 AM.

I just use a combo of Sony MDR-7506 for all of my audio purposes, then whatever clip on mic. Never had complaints about being too quiet.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I purchased the A-40's with mixamp almost a year ago. An amazing headset, it was an upgrade from my Logitech G930's. The only thing I disliked was the wire, got in the way at times. The sound is amazing, I actually still have them, just sitting on my shelf for now. Maybe someone will give them a new home.

The reason for the shelf put is getting the Sennheiser RS 180's. Amazing wireless headset, I had purchases a Blue Yeti Mic before picking up the A40's. I did not like the mic boom on the A40's it had huge problems at first, but an update to the firmware did correct that issue. Personal opinion, the RS 180's are so far the best headset I have owned, very light, comfortable around the ears, especially on the top of my head, no wires and the sound is amazing. Also, much easier to clean than previous headsets, the other was the A40.

Either way I think you will be happy with your choice of any headset. Mainly, will come down to comfort and the price. If not make sure to return them before the 14-30 days passes by.

Get a set from a company that spends their money on manufacturing and research...not celebrity endorsments. Sony is good for example, and at a reasonable price.