Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    They're good for listening voices. But that's all.
    If they are only good for voices why are people using them for recording?

1,700 reviews and sitting at 4.5 stars on Amazon leads me to believe they are very good headphones.

Beyer Dynamic MMX 300

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre-Z View Post
    My astro's have served me well so far.
    But can you hear over your ventilator?

My favorites give me sweaty ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    On a whim, I picked up a set of these at Fry's because they were on sale:
    Thermaltake SHOCK

Been the best thing I've owned. Especially since I got them for $15 lol. I haven't had any complaints about the mic, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

JVC HARX700 is the biggest steal, love those denon drivers.

I just pair it with a Logitech usb mic and the sound is fantastic.

I can't justify paying $200+ for headphones. Rather use that for a sound system at that point.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FireclawWolf View Post
    But can you hear over your ventilator?
    *chhhk* Captain, the thread's gone meta, what do we do? *chhhk*
    *chhhk* Abandon ship, I repeat, aband... AUGHHGHH *KABOOM* *static*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
    JVC HARX700 is the biggest steal, love those denon drivers.

I just pair it with a Logitech usb mic and the sound is fantastic.

I can't justify paying $200+ for headphones. Rather use that for a sound system at that point.
    i won't play more than 100$ for a headset.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    An attitude I will never understand. There's a very tiny amount of ways to actually interact with a computer, yet peripherals are largely skimped on.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I use a pair of Siberia V2s. Pretty pleased with them... even if they look goofy. What I enjoy the most if the retractable/hide away mic.
    I liked mine. They were fairly comfortable, but the retractable mic died in ~1yr of daily use, and one of the ears died shortly after. Don't know if my pair was just a bad egg or what, but I wish they had lasted longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    An attitude I will never understand. There's a very tiny amount of ways to actually interact with a computer, yet peripherals are largely skimped on.
    To be fair, a lot of high end ones need an amp to reach full capability, if you don't have that the price can easily go up quite fast.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    I think there are a lot of great options for <100 if you decide to go the headset and separate mic route. It's difficult to find one that can be great at music+gaming, it's usually either or.

The JVC i mentioned, Panasonic RP-HTF600-S, creative aurvana live are just some examples where they have a great balance for music/gaming without costing you a console.

If you will plug the USB in and leave it in (and you aren't on a laptop) look at he vengeance 2100 wireless or some version of creative rage3d wireless.

Creative otherwise suck balls (wanting £42 to replace a broken receiver - £65 for a completely new set of headphones AND receiver...).
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    8) For price I'm willing to pay a decent amount if it's worth it but not crazy money (max $150-$200?)

Any suggestions?
    I think these are roughly 250-300 USD depending where you get them, but I have been using these for a couple of months now.
    Steelseries Wireless H

I would recommend these to a friend who was willing to pay the money, I noticed with logitech's wireless that the battery died really quick.. With the steelseries you charge one battery in the dock with the other in the headset and you can buy replacement batteries.
    Goes without saying that all the boxes are ticked assuming you're willing to fork out a little extra.

Headsets owned:
    Wired: Razer Megalodon, Razer Tiamat 7.1
    Wireless: Logitech G930

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    If you will plug the USB in and leave it in (and you aren't on a laptop) look at he vengeance 2100 wireless or some version of creative rage3d wireless.

Creative otherwise suck balls (wanting £42 to replace a broken receiver - £65 for a completely new set of headphones AND receiver...).
    Yeah the Rage 3Ds are good... I used em for like 3 years or so. Sound-quality is alright and the mic is decent for the price. Worked well up to 2 rooms away or so. They are still working fine but I wanted better music-quality so I upgraded em into a nice pair of expensive wired Sennheisers :P

I did, however, do some maintenance on them... one of the plastic parts broke down after I handled em a bit too roughly so I had to fix em up a bit with a piece of sheet metal and a few screws :P

They cost around 90€ or so which should be about 130$ or so?

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    I agree, somewhat. However, my headphones are amazing at under $100, have lasted me over 15 years, and I get by with $20 clip-on mic and similarly priced webcam. My keyboard and mouse however... no skimping there, ever.

The headphones are still on the market, at about a $90 price point.
    Last edited by belfpala; 2015-01-16 at 03:10 AM.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.