Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I feel it's complex just for the sake of being complex, it just feels unrewarding.
    It's not really complex though. Let's assume that SS, LL, and UE all come off CD at the same time. I have a decision to make and a single instant in time to make it. My fire elemental totem just came off CD but Imperator will be spawning a new add in 10s. Should I save it or just use it immediately? Those are the decision points I'm talking about. Yeah they are not incredibly difficult decisions, but they are still there to get wrong. With the warlock I didn't really have any decisions to make. Maybe when to put havoc on CD, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by andromalia View Post
    It's not really complex though.
    If we're going down that road then we might aswell argue that nothing in this game is REALLY complex... but compared to most other specs it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if its overly complex, as a lot of the stuff happens naturally, thus you don't really need to track say the SS debuff, its almost always going to be up, so most of your affected spells will be buffed accordingly etc.

The spec does FEEL wrong though, there are too many damage sources all hitting for sod all. Go back to Enhancements' roots, and it was all about BIG numbers, even in TBC when DW first happened, there were still big numbers, but each expansion seems to have diluted more and more abilities in there, and now it just seems like a steady stream of a crazy number of wet noodles flying about. Sure the number of numbers flying on the screen is impressive, but you don't tend to have an ability that you look forward to pressing or proc that you look forward to going off any more.

Back in the day you got excited pressing SS for the chance at that glorious WF proc, but now there is none of that. I'm not saying bring back the OP days of WF oneshotting people in WSG, and I don't have a problem with complexity, I just find there is very little to look forward to in the rotation.

Look at Arms warriors a while back, you practically got a raging hard on just thinking about BladeStorm coming off of cooldown. Locks had chaos bolt or drain soul in execute range, frost mages had deep freeze (when it still damaged) and so on. Enhancement Shamans seem to have lost that, there is no hard hitting big number button any more. All the cooldowns do really do a whole lot, wolves and elemental just arrive and do some damage and go, bloodlust is fun, but its another haste buff, that just makes our frequent small numbers more frequent etc.

Enhancement pretty much died for me when WF stopped becoming noticable when it went off...

Unleash Elements sucks and needs to go.

And for those saying that its complex so that players who want that playstyle have it... that's not their current philosophy. They have said with the new talent system you should be able to play any class you want, but they will give you options in your talent tree to either spec into more passives to simplify or take more complex options. There is nothing like that for Enhancement. You are stuck with 15 combat buttons.

Deleted
    I main ww monk and rolled enha as an alt, i find enha's rotation a lot easier because i have no energy, or teb stacks to manage, only maelstrom stacks, the rotation feels a bit clunky but imo its in no way complex

Deleted
    I find Enhancement enjoyable to play compared to most other 3-4 button specs.

If Enhancement were to be dumbed down, I would most likely ditch playing it.

Deleted
    Certain skills in enha spec shouldn't have GCD or share them with other stuff,

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Why? It's one of the main culprits when it came to ability bloat. It's the same thing as FS but without the slow. If it was up to me I'd cut that thing also from Ele, like a tumor.
    Because in PvP you have no Shock dps spells. Flame Shock does nothing and you cannot spam Frost Shock if you use the Root talent
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kikuhawki View Post
    I main ww monk and rolled enha as an alt, i find enha's rotation a lot easier because i have no energy, or teb stacks to manage, only maelstrom stacks, the rotation feels a bit clunky but imo its in no way complex
    Than you probably did not opted for
    EotE
    UF
    EF

Combine all those three and there you have a little mess. If you don't have them though, you will probably suffer from low dps in PvE. Not that it would be great with them though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bladebarrier View Post
    Than you probably did not opted for
    EotE
    UF
    EF

Combine all those three and there you have a little mess. If you don't have them though, you will probably suffer from low dps in PvE. Not that it would be great with them though.
    Im using ancestral swiftness UF, liquid magma differencing from the fights, IN MY OPINION i find enhancement enjoyable even though the rotation feels a bit clunky, if i find it easier that doesn't mean everyone does
    Also i am not in the bottom of the meters either, of course this again differs from the fight

E: like i said the rotation gets clunky but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the spec,
    The spec needs some tweaks i agree
    Last edited by mmoc1a0e8eb5ae; 2015-01-12 at 05:27 PM.