Are there good guides for Brackenspore's flamethrowers ?

Hi.
    We tried Brackenspore HM for the first time today and one of the problems we encounter is handling the moss correctly.
    I assigned one Warlock and one Hunter to the task but we got overwhelmed by the moss about 7 minutes into the fight (in our best attempts) and the two people handling the flamethrowers lose quite some dps while I've read that since Blizzard's buffed the flamethrowers it was supposed to be a dps gain.
    We tried several things but couldn't manage to find a good strat. How are YOU doing it?
    Also, how much time can the fight last? I know in NM you can reach enrage (10min) without being submerged, but it seems a lot harder to do so in HM.

Any tip can be useful.
    We tried to use/stop the flamethrower like we do in NM or to burn a lot of moss in one use.
    We tried to split the room in half (each guy cleaning one half), to have them just clean the place where the green mushroom appears, etc.

Edit: I know there are other points in the fight we can improve. Better usage of blue mushroom, for instance. But at least for those things we know what to improve and how to do so. For flamethrowers, we really have no clue.
    Last edited by Senen; 2015-01-12 at 12:01 AM.

7minutes is about the soft enrage for heroic, much beyond that and you really cant keep up.

Our flame throwers usually go when they can clear 8-9 pieces each without overheating, much less than that isnt really worth the dps loss. Keep an eye on boss moss too, if any gets under the boss it can really screw over your dps since he heals so fast, tanks need to be on point with moving the boss if that happens

Make sure your flame throwers arent overlapping areas also, dont want to be wasting the charges

Give the flamethrowers to your most skilled DDs, not specific classes. I easily did it as a DK and topped the damage meters by a huge margin. If you have problems with the moss, your flamethrowers suck. Simple as that.
    You have to use a macro to turn it on and off. Clicking isn't efficient. Also only turn it on when you can burn 3-4 patches without moving much. If you never turn it off between patches you're doing it wrong. Overheating is also very bad. It throws you back 30s.

Deleted
    We mostly give our flamethrowers to rogues or hunters. In the end it is a soft enrage and the only way you could counter this if your struggling is by keeping up the blue shrooms for a longer time. Try to get 1 flamethrower do the general burning and 1 guy do the moss where the boss is at.

Warlock isn't particularly good with flamethrower.
    A rogue should be better with their high movement speed, if you have one.
    We use a hunter and a paladin for it because we don't have much better options.
    They just clear in circles whenever they see fit, which gives us around 8½ minute of play-time before we're swamped.

We prio the blue mushroom, completely ignoring second green mushroom since there pops a blue right after.
    I know some raids ignore the fungus, and just move boss away from it, which according to them works better dpswise, but we're rather melee heavy so we just kill it properly.

Not much help i guess, but that's at least how we do it <.<
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Is there any good macro to use for flamethrower duty?

Or is it just using extrabossbutton + esc?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragaen View Post
    Is there any good macro to use for flamethrower duty?

Or is it just using extrabossbutton + esc?
    macro
    /click extraactionbutton1

for flamethrowers, it's a toggle, with a ~1 sec cd between toggling

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Information I've collected about Flamethrowers:

It's pretty much unanimous that Boomkins and Hunters rule with the flamethrowers. A Boomkin that can build the stacks of the debuff will make the spore shooters melt with starfall. But almost anyone using the flamethrower properly should experience a dps GAIN.

Best Flamethrower Classes (bonus: Mythic DPS rankings paint the picture)

Probably the best thread about how to maximize flamethrower use:

When to clear moss with Flamethrower (really good read for those with the responsibility)

The whole idea is with 1 single activation of the flamethrower, you "sweep" away 3 squares of moss, maximizing the stacks of the debuff per heat generated. It will take something like 4-5 mins to work your way to 30 stacks but basically, after stacking on the green mushroom for Infesting Spores, 2 flamethrowers should go out and clear moss until their flamethrowers are ~90% (never overheat it) and then head back in time to deal with the next spawn of Spore Shooters. Try not to let the stacks fall off, rinse and repeat. 3rd flamethrower should just be used in an emergency backup situation.

Flamethrower weakauras
    Last edited by Styxxa; 2015-01-12 at 06:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axxym View Post
    [B][U]

Probably the best thread about how to maximize flamethrower use:

When to clear moss with Flamethrower (really good read for those with the responsibility)
    Post #4 in this thread is all you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralahast View Post
    7minutes is about the soft enrage for heroic, much beyond that and you really cant keep up.
    This is really far off the mark.

If moss is overwhelming you at 7:00 then your Flamethrowers are not performing efficiently.

You can see thousands of recorded kills on Warcraftlogs that go to 8, 9, 10 minutes and beyond.

I'm not saying it should take you this long, but as long as your FTs are doing their job, you can survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    This is really far off the mark.

If moss is overwhelming you at 7:00 then your Flamethrowers are not performing efficiently.

You can see thousands of recorded kills on Warcraftlogs that go to 8, 9, 10 minutes and beyond.

I'm not saying it should take you this long, but as long as your FTs are doing their job, you can survive.
    Well, 10 is the actual berserk, so it's not going to go much beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post

Ya don't say

We mostly give our flamethrowers to rogues or hunters.
    Last edited by tewyuanagu; 2015-01-13 at 09:05 AM.

I've seen videos where they do the flamethrowers differently. I've read you should use a stopcasting macro,
    And this one where he leaves the flamethrower on

what's the proper way to do it?

Also, how do you divide up who goes where on flamethrower duty between your 2 (or 3) dudes?

edit: can't post links as a newbie. I'm referring to the 2 threads on the first page - one with a Chinese hunter going one patch at a time and other one with the druid where he leaves it on and mow down waves at a time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saistain View Post
    I've seen videos where they do the flamethrowers differently. I've read you should use a stopcasting macro,
    And this one where he leaves the flamethrower on

what's the proper way to do it?

Also, how do you divide up who goes where on flamethrower duty between your 2 (or 3) dudes?

edit: can't post links as a newbie. I'm referring to the 2 threads on the first page - one with a Chinese hunter going one patch at a time and other one with the druid where he leaves it on and mow down waves at a time
    The stopcasting macro was before they hotfixed the flamethrowers to add (10?) heat if it was stopped too early. Prior to that you could use that macro to do a bunch of mini-bursts and get your stacks up really high.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    The stopcasting macro was before they hotfixed the flamethrowers to add (10?) heat if it was stopped too early. Prior to that you could use that macro to do a bunch of mini-bursts and get your stacks up really high.
    I still see macros posted. It's it still a good idea to use them?

Also is it a good idea to stand at the edge of moss, jump forward and wave your flamethrower around to get all the moss around you? Or will you miss the patch you are standing on?

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Ya don't say
    I do say? Okay, not beyond 10m but there's 2,400 recorded kills between 7 and 10, so my point kind of stands pretty firm, 7m is clearly not the "soft enrage": https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...=1720&page=100

Thank you very much for all your advices. We killed it during our second try tonight. (Best attempt last week was ~30%.)
    Our flamethrower's dps skyrocketed, allowing us to kill the boss even before the seventh minute, so yeah, no more worry about being overwhelmed by moss. ^^