Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loot View Post
    Honestly, just something like the OP. Having all my CDs in the middle of the screen, being able to see Sacred Shield/Seraphim duration, etc.
    I've actually stopped using WAs for most of that (other than the CD of major stuff like GoAK and AD) because it's such a hassle and the weirdest shit breaks them (looking at you Glyph of the Consecrator you little shit) - Bartender is a much more elegant solution since you can just make the bars hidden outside of combat and click-through.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    I've actually stopped using WAs for most of that (other than the CD of major stuff like GoAK and AD) because it's such a hassle and the weirdest shit breaks them (looking at you Glyph of the Consecrator you little shit) - Bartender is a much more elegant solution since you can just make the bars hidden outside of combat and click-through.
    Glyph works fine?!

Have 2 Conc WAs on same spot only one will load if you put the right spell id don't need anything special besides those spell ids.

Without Glyph CD: http://pastebin.com/Xb2mW004
    With Glyph CD: http://pastebin.com/6D6TWm5d

Though I agree there is basically no reason to use WA for something you can do with action bars with click through. Granted im weird and need mine at the bottom really small for moving of keybinds and shit cuz i play really wierd(numpad/arrow keys)

Deleted
    Any recommendations for challenge mode trinkets?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by youRFate View Post
    Any recommendations for challenge mode trinkets?
    I'd say Scabbard and TTT off the top of my head. Possibly TTT and the alch trinket. Basic principle is that you want tank DPS.

Hold on to your butt though, prot paladin can get a little scary in CMs.

EDIT: Just to note if you don't already know, we don't gear Haste in CMs. We run crit/mastery last time I checked, purely for the DPS.
    Last edited by mmoc3982adc87f; 2015-11-15 at 02:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veilyn View Post
    I'd say Scabbard and TTT off the top of my head. Possibly TTT and the alch trinket. Basic principle is that you want tank DPS.

Hold on to your butt though, prot paladin can get a little scary in CMs.

EDIT: Just to note if you don't already know, we don't gear Haste in CMs. We run crit/mastery last time I checked, purely for the DPS.
    Depends on pull size. I'd run crit/haste over crit/mastery with most CM groups. Scabbard and ACP are probably BiS, but TTT is perfectly passable replacement for Scabbard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Scabbard & EAE.
    Would Pol's Blinded Eye not be better than EAE? Even then, ACP may be better. Although the static is weaker and the proc is weaker, it procs so damn often.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Mastery procs are shit in cms.
    Ya I actually forgot completely about EAE. Scabbard and EAE are pretty obviously BiS if you have them available.

Mastery procs are generally ass in CMs because they act as an amplifier of baseline AP (which you don't have a lot of in CMs), but ACP can be worth using if you don't have Scabbard and EAE just because the uptime is obscene.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    What about Discordant Chorus?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    What about Discordant Chorus?
    Pretty awful IIRC. Scales very well with haste which we don't have a lot of, and in general CM golds are all about big pulls where a proc trinket like EAE and an on-use allow for significantly more damage than DC.

Do you macro scabbard into HA or make use of the 1.5 min cd?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcinusDrake View Post
    Do you macro scabbard into HA or make use of the 1.5 min cd?
    Depends on the instance, but I'd generally macro it into HA.

Depends on the instance, but I'd generally macro it into HA.
    For neck/ring/cloak what stat priority do you recommend for CMs? I have a few Balefuls that are pure BA instead of BA+crit/mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loot View Post
    For neck/ring/cloak what stat priority do you recommend for CMs? I have a few Balefuls that are pure BA instead of BA+crit/mastery.
    Definitely wear the pure BA ones. BA outperforms every other stat we have by a rough margin of 2:1 even at high iLvls.

Definitely wear the pure BA ones. BA outperforms every other stat we have by a rough margin of 2:1 even at high iLvls.
    On the subject of this, is it worth taking TW Coldarra shield (vers+BA) over a crit+mastery shield? Not sure if the BA makes up for the less than stellar vers. Also, mastery over haste enchants?
    Last edited by Loot; 2015-11-21 at 06:03 AM.

I'm assuming sera all the time for CMs right? Everything I'm finding is out dated as hell for prot pally CM stuff, pre sera nerf, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobblefet View Post
    I'm assuming sera all the time for CMs right? Everything I'm finding is out dated as hell for prot pally CM stuff, pre sera nerf, etc.
    Sera is the way to go, yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veilyn View Post
    Sera is the way to go, yes.
    Realistically if you want to put real effort into CMs, you should have two prot specs - one with HS, one with Sera. HS is very much worth taking on a few trash pulls in Everbloom and SMBG, and arguably some in Iron Docks and Grimrail as well.

If you don't intend to have two specs, however, Sera is the way to go.

Realistically if you want to put real effort into CMs, you should have two prot specs - one with HS, one with Sera. HS is very much worth taking on a few trash pulls in Everbloom and SMBG, and arguably some in Iron Docks and Grimrail as well.

If you don't intend to have two specs, however, Sera is the way to go.
    I see. I was thinking of doing one with LH and one with ES but I suppose just keeping LH all the time and switching the 100 talent would probably be more useful. That last pull before the second boss in Auchindon pissed me off to the point I rolled a DK.

Going to play a Pally Tank for Legion, this class certainly seems like it's going to take a while to master...

Master maybe. Be pretty damned good with not so much. You just have to plan 5 or so seconds out because SotR is the, and I hate to use this word, clunkiest AM there is :/