Deleted

Resto Mastery Cap

Hey Gents, maybe stupid question but I play mage so hey. I have a friend who is asking whether mastery has any soft/hard caps at this time? Means little to me but he seems to have a problem with asking himself so there it is Also, if so, why?

There shouldn't be any breakpoints in Mastery's effectiveness due to how it works. Whether its good or not to stack it is a question I can't answer, but there shouldn't be any caps.

Mastery becomes better with the less healers you take to fights. Taking as few healers as possible is needed in order to beat the enrage timers, so don't worry about stacking a shitload of mastery. I'm personally sitting at 101% or something like that.

There is no cap, although like every stat, the more we have it as a baseline, the less benefit we get (in percentage) from adding even more.
    But at this point at the start of the expansion, I'd recommend stacking mastery as much as possible.

Deleted
    Great, thanks guys Ill relate this back to him when I talk to him next, much appreciated ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Koor View Post
    There is no cap, although like every stat, the more we have it as a baseline, the less benefit we get (in percentage) from adding even more.
    But at this point at the start of the expansion, I'd recommend stacking mastery as much as possible.
    Agreed.

Mastery really shines on progression fights and when things go poorly. It's pretty useless the rest of the time, but your throughput the rest of the time doesn't usually matter. Other stats may be better if you want to look good on the healing meters every week, but mastery is the best if you want your group to actually progress.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.